- Struggling Harvey goes silent after Mets' 7-4 loss to Nats Updated: May-24-16 11:48 pm
WASHINGTON - Matt Harvey's latest performance brought up many questions, most of which centered upon his future in the New York Mets' rotation.
- Unbeaten Strasburg fans 10, Nationals hammer Harvey, Mets Updated: May-19-16 11:41 pm
NEW YORK - A few years ago, as Stephen Strasburg was outpitched by an emerging Mets ace, fans at Citi Field memorably taunted the young Washington star by chanting "Harvey's better! Harvey's better!"
- Bonds: Harper should diversify his game to adapt to walks Updated: May-16-16 3:11 pm
WASHINGTON - When pitchers were intentionally walking Barry Bonds more than anyone else in baseball history, his father had a simple message for him.
- Fernandez strikes out 11 as Marlins defeat Nationals 5-1 Updated: May-15-16 6:23 pm
WASHINGTON - Marlins ace Jose Fernandez had only one true moment of discomfort Sunday afternoon, when he watched as teammates Giancarlo Stanton and Marcell Ozuna collided in the outfield.
- From Harper's ejection to Scherzer's 20 Ks, Nats making news Updated: May-12-16 7:40 pm
WASHINGTON - Max Scherzer's record-tying 20-strikeout performance was only the latest in a recent series of newsworthy moments for the Washington Nationals, one right after the other.
- Scherzer has 20 Ks, ties MLB record as Nats top Tigers 3-2 Updated: May-12-16 12:40 am
WASHINGTON - Max Scherzer has thrown two no-hitters, come within one strike of a perfect game and met just about every expectation that accompanied the $210 million contract he signed with Washington.
- Nationals unclear about slide rule in 5-4 loss to Tigers Updated: May-11-16 12:46 am
WASHINGTON - Based on what he remembers being told about the new slide rule in spring training, Washington Nationals manager Dusty Baker is convinced that an automatic double play should have wiped out the Detroit Tigers' go-ahead run Tuesday night.
- Baker leaves Zimmerman behind Harper in Nats order 'for now' Updated: May-09-16 6:54 pm
WASHINGTON - Dusty Baker is sticking with Ryan Zimmerman as the Washington Nationals' cleanup hitter, right behind Bryce Harper in the batting order - at least, as the manager put it Monday, "for now."
- Cubs walk Harper 6 times, Baez homers in 13th to beat Nats Updated: May-08-16 9:17 pm
CHICAGO - Javier Baez got the pitch he wanted and propelled the Cubs to yet another victory on a day when it looked like Jake Arrieta might finally pick up a loss.
- Cubs walk Harper 6 times, Baez homers in 13th to beat Nats Updated: May-08-16 8:37 pm
CHICAGO - Bryce Harper was drawing walks at such a ridiculous rate he wound up tying a major league record.