- Signs of progress for Stanton in Marlins' 8-2 loss to Nats Updated: May-22-16 5:35 pm
MIAMI - Giancarlo Stanton singled, put the ball in play twice and took some pitches off the plate, which constituted a sign of progress for the Miami Marlins' slumping lineup.
- Scherzer pitches 8 innings to help Nats beat Marlins 8-2 Updated: May-22-16 5:19 pm
MIAMI - Even when Max Scherzer eases up on the strikeouts, he can be plenty tough. Just ask the Miami Marlins.
- Fernandez strikes out 11 as Marlins defeat Nationals 5-1 Updated: May-15-16 6:23 pm
WASHINGTON - Marlins ace Jose Fernandez had only one true moment of discomfort Sunday afternoon, when he watched as teammates Giancarlo Stanton and Marcell Ozuna collided in the outfield.
- From Harper's ejection to Scherzer's 20 Ks, Nats making news Updated: May-12-16 7:40 pm
WASHINGTON - Max Scherzer's record-tying 20-strikeout performance was only the latest in a recent series of newsworthy moments for the Washington Nationals, one right after the other.
- Scherzer has 20 Ks, ties MLB record as Nats top Tigers 3-2 Updated: May-12-16 12:40 am
WASHINGTON - Max Scherzer has thrown two no-hitters, come within one strike of a perfect game and met just about every expectation that accompanied the $210 million contract he signed with Washington.
- Tigers succumb to Scherzer's 20 Ks, lose 3-2 to Nats Updated: May-12-16 12:36 am
WASHINGTON - In five seasons with the Detroit Tigers, Max Scherzer pitched well enough to make two All-Star teams, win the 2013 AL Cy Young Award and lead the league in wins in back-to-back seasons.
- Nationals unclear about slide rule in 5-4 loss to Tigers Updated: May-11-16 12:46 am
WASHINGTON - Based on what he remembers being told about the new slide rule in spring training, Washington Nationals manager Dusty Baker is convinced that an automatic double play should have wiped out the Detroit Tigers' go-ahead run Tuesday night.
- Strasburg's 2012 shutdown helped lead to $175M, 7-year deal Updated: May-10-16 7:17 pm
WASHINGTON - So all these years later, it sure sounds as if Stephen Strasburg signed a $175 million, seven-year contract with the Washington Nationals precisely because of their decision to end his 2012 season before the playoffs - not despite it.
- AP source: Strasburg, Nats agree to deal adding $175M Updated: May-09-16 11:40 pm
WASHINGTON - Stephen Strasburg is skipping his first shot at free agency, instead agreeing to a new contract with the Washington Nationals that will pay the pitcher $175 million over seven seasons starting in 2017, according to a person familiar with the negotiations.
- Baker leaves Zimmerman behind Harper in Nats order 'for now' Updated: May-09-16 6:54 pm
WASHINGTON - Dusty Baker is sticking with Ryan Zimmerman as the Washington Nationals' cleanup hitter, right behind Bryce Harper in the batting order - at least, as the manager put it Monday, "for now."
- Scherzer, homers help Nationals sweep Cardinals, 6-1 Updated: May-01-16 6:57 pm
ST. LOUIS - Max Scherzer always makes sure to eat some toasted ravioli when he comes back to Missouri.
- Scherzer says he's in 'funk' after Nats lose to Phillies 4-3 Updated: Apr-27-16 12:12 am
WASHINGTON - After all of six pitches, Max Scherzer had allowed a walk and a two-run homer.