- China holding 2 Japanese citizens on spying allegations Updated: Sep-30-15 10:18 am
TOKYO - China has arrested two Japanese citizens on spying allegations, officials said Wednesday.
- Beijing says Clinton 'biased' on Chinese women's issues Updated: Sep-28-15 6:46 am
BEIJING - A Chinese government official said Monday that Hillary Clinton was "biased" on women's issues in China, while a newspaper compared the presidential hopeful to Donald Trump for her tweet saying it was "shameless" for China's president to preside over a U.N. conference on gender equality.
- Chinese leader to address UN on gender equality, vexing some Updated: Sep-24-15 4:08 am
BEIJING - Chinese leader Xi Jinping will preside this weekend over a U.N. conference on gender equality, which some activists say is galling given China's recent detentions of women's rights activists and its history of stopping people from attending U.N. meetings to discuss such issues.
- Texas man says wife was arrested in China on spying charges Updated: Sep-22-15 3:12 pm
DALLAS - Chinese authorities have held a Texas businesswoman in custody for six months on allegations that she's a spy who stole state secrets, the woman's husband said Tuesday.
- Japan enhances military's role as security bills pass Updated: Sep-18-15 8:23 pm
TOKYO - Japan's parliament early Saturday approved contentious legislation that enhances the role of the country's military by loosening post-World War II constraints, after the ruling bloc defeated opposition parties' last-ditch effort to block a vote.
- NKorea warns it has restarted all nuclear bomb fuel plants Updated: Sep-15-15 3:40 pm
PYONGYANG, North Korea - With a big anniversary drawing near, North Korea declared Tuesday it has upgraded and restarted all of its atomic fuel plants - meaning it could possibly make more, and more sophisticated, nuclear weapons.