- UN leader offers assistance in Guyana-Venezuela dispute Updated: Jul-03-15 4:08 pm
BRIDGETOWN, Barbados - U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon on Friday offered assistance to resolve an escalating border dispute between Guyana and Venezuela.
- Haiti president, business leaders open new container port Updated: Jul-02-15 7:25 pm
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - Haitian President Michel Martelly, business leaders and civic boosters inaugurated an $80 million container port Thursday aimed at giving the hemisphere's poorest country a much bigger role in global shipping.
- Durbin meets with officials in Haiti to talk US assistance Updated: Jun-29-15 7:44 am
CHICAGO - The office of U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin of Illinois says he has met with officials in Haiti to discuss the status of U.S. assistance programs more than five years after an earthquake killed thousands.
- Florida editorial roundup Updated: Jun-25-15 11:05 am
Recent editorials from Florida newspapers:
- Haiti's capital gets 1st movie theater in years Updated: Jun-22-15 9:43 pm
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - The first movie theater to operate in the Haitian capital in years has opened its doors off a renovated downtown square, a welcome sign of revival in a city shattered by an earthquake more than five years ago.
- Signs of rapprochement as US, Venezuelan officials meet Updated: Jun-16-15 5:47 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - President Nicolas Maduro says a recent meeting between Venezuelan and U.S. officials has opened an important channel that could lead toward restoration of full diplomatic relations.