- Big balloons, heavy security for NYC Thanksgiving parade Updated: Nov-26-15 3:26 pm
NEW YORK - Americans paused Thursday to celebrate their blessings despite terrorism fears and racial tensions over fatal police shootings across the country. A record number of police officers patrolled the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York, while St. Louis resumed its annual parade, canceled last year amid protests over Michael Brown's death.
- De Blasio: Bratton was right to criticize City Hall Updated: Nov-23-15 6:19 pm
NEW YORK - Mayor Bill de Blasio is not disputing his police commissioner's criticisms of how City Hall has battled New York City's homelessness crisis.
- NYC emergency responders go through active shooter drill Updated: Nov-22-15 6:14 pm
NEW YORK - Hundreds of emergency responders simulated a subway terror attack on Sunday, days before one of the city's biggest public events: the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
- Police boss says NYC mayor late to address homeless problem Updated: Nov-19-15 7:24 pm
NEW YORK - Police commissioner William Bratton said Thursday his boss had been late to acknowledge rising homelessness in New York City a day after the mayor announced an ambitious 15-year, $2.6 billion plan to combat the problem.
- NYC officials: New Islamic State video is marketing fear Updated: Nov-19-15 3:39 pm
NEW YORK - A newly released Islamic State group video that briefly depicts images of Times Square is an advertisement for the terrorist organization meant to market fear, city officials said Thursday.
- De Blasio defends traffic safety plan despite rash of deaths Updated: Nov-09-15 11:03 pm
NEW YORK - Three people, including a child, crushed by a car that plowed into a group of trick-or-treaters. An 84-year-old woman run over by a charter bus that never stopped. A grandmother struck by a taxi driver finishing a 16-hour shift.
- NYC officials: 6 arrested for selling 74 guns to undercovers Updated: Oct-27-15 5:44 pm
NEW YORK - Six men who sold more than 70 weapons to undercover detectives in the same New York City area where a policeman was fatally shot last week have been arrested and indicted on conspiracy and gun charges, authorities announced Tuesday.