- Oklahoma governor says she is opposed to emission cut plan Updated: Aug-03-15 5:55 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Some of Oklahoma's top political leaders criticized President Barack Obama's plan Monday to fight climate change by cutting carbon dioxide emissions at power plants, saying it would likely increase electricity costs for consumers and harm the economy.
- Report: More than $1M spent on Fallin's inaugural events Updated: Jul-20-15 5:40 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A report filed this month shows that Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin spent more than $1 million on events for her second inauguration earlier this year.
- President's message on prisons resonates in Oklahoma Updated: Jul-18-15 1:44 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - President Barack Obama's trip last week to a federal prison in El Reno, where he urged steps to curb the explosive growth of federal inmates, resonates soundly in Oklahoma, which consistently locks up more of its population than almost every state in the nation.
- Durant residents excited for President Obama's visit Updated: Jul-14-15 6:21 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - In a Republican-controlled state where President Barack Obama failed to win a single one of the state's 77 counties in 2008 or 2012, Oklahoma residents still are rolling out the red carpet for the president's two-day visit to the Sooner State.
- Oklahoma GOP post compared food-stamp recipients to animals Updated: Jul-14-15 5:01 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The chairman of the Oklahoma Republican Party apologized Tuesday for a post on the party's Facebook page that said giving people food stamps is akin to feeding animals in national parks, marking the new leader's latest misstep over divisive comments.
- Federal government gives Oklahoma health plan an extension Updated: Jul-10-15 6:27 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A state program that uses a combination of state tobacco tax revenue and federal Medicaid money to help provide health insurance coverage for nearly 18,000 low-income Oklahoma will receive federal funding through the end of 2016, state officials said on Friday.