- What to know about Supreme Court tossing Texas abortion law Updated: Jun-27-16 12:22 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The U.S. Supreme Court ruled 5-3 on Monday that Texas' sweeping anti-abortion law is unconstitutional. Here are details about the ruling and the law, known as HB2:
- Douglas rejects $250K tobacco fund job amid criticism Updated: Jun-22-16 4:23 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A former Republican officeholder who was offered a newly created $250,000-a-year job as the head of a state tobacco fund is turning down the post following widespread criticism of the board for offering the position amid a state budget crisis.
- Oklahoma finance officials confirm revenue surplus likely Updated: Jun-20-16 5:11 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Budget cuts of 7 percent ordered for Oklahoma's public schools and other state services likely were deeper than necessary, and the state will finish the fiscal year on June 30 with surplus revenue that could be allocated back to agencies, state finance officials confirmed on Monday.
- Oklahoma governor to meet with rating agencies in New York Updated: Jun-20-16 4:22 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin is traveling to New York this week to visit with some of the nation's top credit rating agencies, and she's taking top state lawmakers with her.
- Oil bust leaves states with massive well cleanup Updated: Jun-19-16 10:05 pm
BIGFOOT, Texas - The worst oil bust since the 1980s is putting Texas and other oil producing states on the hook for thousands of newly abandoned drilling sites at a time when they have little money to plug wells and seal off environmental hazards.
- Lawmakers, groups ask Oklahoma governor to halt card readers Updated: Jun-15-16 3:32 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A bipartisan group of legislators and advocacy groups are asking Gov. Mary Fallin to order a stop to the Oklahoma Highway Patrol's use of mobile scanners capable of seizing money loaded onto prepaid debit cards by alleged criminals.
- Editorials from around Pennsylvania Updated: Jun-15-16 11:50 am
Editorials from around Pennsylvania:
- Bryant among GOP governors meeting with Trump in New York Updated: Jun-14-16 10:50 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant was among a group of Republican governors meeting with presumptive GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump.
- Fallin, 6 other GOP governors meet with Trump in New York Updated: Jun-14-16 6:48 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin says she and other Republican governors had a chance to talk about jobs, the economy and the shooting at a Florida nightclub during a visit with presumptive GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump in New York.
- Fallin signs general appropriations bill, vetoes 1 section Updated: Jun-10-16 7:04 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin has signed a $6.8 billion budget to fund state government for the upcoming fiscal year, but issued a line-item veto over one section of the bill she says was not consistent with a budget deal reached with lawmakers.
- Oklahoma governor gets little of her requests in 2016 budget Updated: Jun-05-16 12:39 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - Knowing this year's legislative session would be tumultuous with a giant hole in the budget, Gov. Mary Fallin challenged lawmakers at the start of session to make structural improvements to the budget and put new, stable sources of revenue on the table.