- Campbell movie sets standard for CNN film Updated: Jun-30-15 3:40 pm
NEW YORK - CNN's airing of a documentary on singer Glen Campbell's fight with Alzheimer's Disease shattered previous viewership records for a movie on the news network.
- NBC's Holt ready to take over as 'Nightly' anchor Updated: Jun-22-15 5:09 pm
NEW YORK - New "Nightly News" anchor Lester Holt says he doesn't believe the broadcast needs to take special steps to rebuild trust among viewers following Brian Williams' demotion, even as NBC's first advertisement promoting him lauds his dependability.
- A newsman gone astray will return to NBC seeking redemption Updated: Jun-20-15 10:04 am
NEW YORK - In 1974, CBS News anchor Walter Cronkite made a cameo appearance as himself on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show."
- Brian Williams' rehabilitation efforts begin Friday Updated: Jun-19-15 3:40 pm
NEW YORK - Brian Williams said the months since his suspension from NBC News had been like torture, and a come-clean interview with colleague Matt Lauer on the "Today" show must surely have felt like an extension.
- NBC removes Brian Williams from 'Nightly News' Updated: Jun-18-15 3:47 pm
NEW YORK - NBC said Thursday that Brian Williams will not return to his job as "Nightly News" anchor following his suspension for misrepresenting himself, but will be given a second chance with the company as a breaking news anchor at the cable network MSNBC.
- A history of anchors of NBC's evening newscast Updated: Jun-18-15 2:10 pm
NBC has aired a weeknight newscast for nearly seven decades, but only a handful of anchors have presided over it. Here is the roster:
- NBC's new anchor Lester Holt rose steadily to top Updated: Jun-18-15 1:47 pm
NEW YORK - While Lester Holt's ascension to full-time anchor of NBC's "Nightly News" came as a result of Brian Williams' stunning downfall, no one can say he hasn't worked hard to take advantage of an opportunity.
- Jeb Bush 'slow jams' the news with Fallon Updated: Jun-17-15 12:08 am
NEW YORK - Republican Jeb Bush "slow jammed" the news, told about meeting his wife, offered a guacamole recipe and oddly compared his presidential father and brother during a "Tonight" show appearance.