- August date set for ex-Assembly speaker to report to prison Updated: May-18-16 3:58 pm
NEW YORK - A judge says a former New York Assembly speaker sentenced to 12 years in prison in a public corruption case can wait until late August to report to prison.
- Editorials from around New York Updated: May-18-16 12:28 pm
Recent editorials of statewide and national interest from New York's newspapers:
- Ex-NY Senate leader gets 5 years in prison for corruption Updated: May-12-16 5:18 pm
NEW YORK - A once-powerful New York politician convicted of using his position as Senate majority leader to help his son extort hundreds of thousands of dollars was sentenced Thursday to five years in prison after each asked for mercy for the other.
- The Latest: Skelos' nephew accused of assault outside court Updated: May-12-16 5:09 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on the sentencing of former Senate leader Dean Skelos and his son (all times local):
- NY Senate panel briefly considers closing campaign loophole Updated: May-09-16 5:29 pm
ALBANY, New York - The New York Senate Elections Committee on Monday briefly considered legislation to close a campaign finance loophole for limited liability companies, with its Republicans sending it to another committee without talking about it.
- The Latest: Gov. on ex-speaker's sentence: 'Justice served' Updated: May-03-16 6:07 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on former New York Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver's sentencing in a $5 million corruption case (all times local):
- Next up in NY Legislature: Uber, ethics and NYC schools Updated: May-01-16 1:51 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York lawmakers will return to Albany on Tuesday to begin the final weeks of their work for 2016, confronting a to-do list that includes a possible upstate expansion for Uber, a decision on control of public schools in New York City and the challenge of addressing Albany's perennial corruption problem.