- Next up in NY Legislature: Uber, ethics and NYC schools Updated: May-01-16 1:51 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York lawmakers will return to Albany on Tuesday to begin the final weeks of their work for 2016, confronting a to-do list that includes a possible upstate expansion for Uber, a decision on control of public schools in New York City and the challenge of addressing Albany's perennial corruption problem.
- The Latest: Democrat Kaminsky declares win for NY Senate Updated: Apr-19-16 11:45 pm
ALBANY, New York - The Latest on the special legislative elections in New York (all times Eastern Daylight Time):
- Judge refuses to grant new trial to ex-Senate leader, son Updated: Apr-15-16 4:51 pm
NEW YORK - A judge has refused to grant a new trial to former New York Senate leader Dean Skelos and his adult son after concluding that evidence produced by the government supported the jury verdict.
- US Attorney Bharara: NY executive branch 'far from immune' Updated: Apr-13-16 4:24 pm
NEW YORK - U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara (buh-RAH'-ruh) says he will root out corruption at all levels of government in New York state and New York City - including the mayor's and governor's offices.
- Mel Brooks records telephone endorsement in NY Senate race Updated: Apr-12-16 2:22 pm
MINEOLA, New York - Mel Brooks is offering a ringing endorsement for his great-nephew, who's running for a seat in New York's state Senate.
- Long Island Senate race holds wider implications for Albany Updated: Apr-10-16 10:53 am
ALBANY, New York - Voters on Long island will soon pick a replacement for a convicted former top lawmaker in a contest that could help give Democrats complete control over New York state government.