- Bharara comes to Albany Updated: Feb-08-16 3:12 pm
ALBANY, New York - Federal prosecutor Preet Bharara has taken his anti-corruption fight to Albany, the heart of the state government he has sharply criticized for cronyism and insider politics.
- Small group of NY lawmakers make biggest outside incomes Updated: Feb-06-16 11:04 am
ALBANY, New York - Reform advocates, most voters and Gov. Andrew Cuomo want to help clean up scandal-scarred Albany by prohibiting the state's 213 legislators from making serious money on the side.
- High stakes in race to replace convicted Long Island senator Updated: Feb-01-16 5:47 pm
ALBANY, New York - With control of the New York Senate possibly up for grabs, Democrats and Republicans promised to aggressively campaign for the Long Island seat vacated when ex-Senate Leader Dean Skelos was convicted of federal corruption charges.
- Poll: NY voters want full-time legislators, no outside pay Updated: Feb-01-16 10:46 am
ALBANY, New York - Most New York voters say it's time for the state's 213 legislators to be considered full-time, with their current $79,500 base salary unchanged and outside earnings prohibited, according to new poll released Monday.
- Convicted NY lawmakers tapped campaign funds for lawyer fees Updated: Jan-23-16 3:57 pm
ALBANY, New York - The two ex-leaders of New York's Legislature tapped their campaign funds for a combined $3.6 million last year in an unsuccessful attempt to beat federal corruption charges, a practice that some lawmakers are trying to ban.
- NY Assembly votes against reforms aimed at corruption Updated: Jan-12-16 5:22 pm
ALBANY, New York - Members of the New York Assembly on Tuesday voted down more than a dozen proposed changes to legislative rules designed to reduce insider politics and corruption just six weeks after the chamber's former leader was convicted of federal crimes.
- US prosecutor finds no crime in NY governor's panel shutdown Updated: Jan-11-16 5:54 pm
ALBANY, New York - An investigation has found insufficient evidence that Gov. Andrew Cuomo committed a federal crime through his handling of a commission he created to root out corruption in state government, U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara said Monday.
- NY assemblyman signs 'clean conscience' pledge Updated: Jan-10-16 9:17 am
ALBANY, New York - An assemblyman from White Plains has signed a new "clean conscience" pledge that reform advocates want all New York's lawmakers to put their names on.