- Ex-US soccer star Donovan getting comfortable on TV Updated: Jun-27-16 10:55 pm
Landon Donovan keeps thinking back to a lesson from the teacher in his high school speech class: "Speaking is 10 percent what you actually say, and 90 percent how you're presenting it."
- Klinsmann sees Copa as positive step; Gulati to assess Updated: Jun-26-16 6:47 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - Jurgen Klinsmann thinks a fourth-place finish in the Copa America was a step in the right direction. U.S. Soccer Federation President Sunil Gulati will speak to his coach and assess.
- With 1-0 loss to Colombia, US finishes 4th in Copa America Updated: Jun-26-16 12:28 am
GLENDALE, Arizona - Not quite a victory for the United States. Just a good enough effort to leave the team feeling better about itself.
- Gap between US and world elites evident in loss to Argentina Updated: Jun-22-16 4:51 am
HOUSTON - There certainly were plenty of things the United States wishes it had done better or differently in Tuesday's Copa America semifinal against Argentina.
- Messi leads Argentina over US 4-0, into Copa America final Updated: Jun-21-16 11:17 pm
HOUSTON - Lionel Messi was too much for the United States to contain.
- US appeals Jermaine Jones red card, Bobby Wood yellow Updated: Jun-17-16 7:57 pm
SEATTLE - The U.S. Soccer Federation has appealed the red card given to midfielder Jermaine Jones and a yellow card assessed to forward Bobby Wood, who are both suspended for Tuesday's Copa America semifinal.
- Dempsey, Zardes lead US over Ecuador 2-1, into Copa semis Updated: Jun-17-16 3:53 am
SEATTLE - Another benchmark for the United States. Another huge goal for Clint Dempsey.
- Klinsmann hopes US mentality changes in Copa knockout stage Updated: Jun-12-16 10:58 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Jurgen Klinsmann wants a transformed mentality when the United States opens the knockout phase of the Copa America against Ecuador on Thursday.
- US reaches Copa America quarters with 1-0 win over Paraguay Updated: Jun-12-16 12:14 am
PHILADELPHIA - Protecting a lead after Clint Dempsey's first-half goal, the United States' Copa America planning was suddenly upended.
- No World Cup, but plenty of soccer on TV this summer Updated: Jun-10-16 9:54 am
For American soccer fans, the games will start Saturday morning and roll on with only brief breaks for about 14 hours.
- US bounces back with 4-0 victory over Costa Rica Updated: Jun-07-16 11:56 pm
CHICAGO - The fans stood and cheered when Clint Dempsey headed off the field in the second half, and the forward responded with his own round of applause.