- MLS attendance on rise with big-name international players Updated: Jul-30-15 7:32 pm
DENVER - Kaka and David Villa are raising the profile of Major League Soccer. Clint Dempsey and the U.S. national teams have done their part, too.
- US plays Aruba or St Vincent in World Cup qualifying opener Updated: Jul-27-15 5:55 pm
ST. LOUIS - The United States will host Aruba or St. Vincent and the Grenadines at St. Louis on Nov. 13 in the Americans' opening qualifier for the 2018 World Cup.
- US opens World Cup qualifying in group with Trinidad Updated: Jul-25-15 9:50 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - The United States' road to the 2018 World Cup opens in November with a four-nation group that includes Trinidad and Tobago.
- Panama beats US 3-2 on penalty kicks for Gold Cup 3rd place Updated: Jul-25-15 9:09 pm
CHESTER, Pennsylvania - Backup goalkeeper Luis Mejia saved two penalties in the shootout as an inspired Panama team ended a trying week with a medal at the Gold Cup, beating the United States in the third-place game Saturday.
- Panama beats US 3-2 on penalty kicks for Gold Cup 3rd place Updated: Jul-25-15 8:32 pm
CHESTER, Pennsylvania - Music and shouts of celebration blasted from the Panama locker room next door as U.S. coach Jurgen Klinsmann tried to put another positive spin on another loss.
- US ponders a shocking loss; Mexico advances with ugly win Updated: Jul-23-15 9:17 am
ATLANTA - After the feel-good summer of 2014, the United States was eager to pick up another Gold Cup title and lock up its spot in the next Confederations Cup.
- Jamaica stuns US 2-1 in Gold Cup semifinals Updated: Jul-23-15 12:12 am
ATLANTA - The United States had everything on its side. History. A raucous home crowd. And, supposedly, the better team.
- Beasley back with US at 33, hoping for 5th Gold Cup title Updated: Jul-20-15 1:02 pm
BALTIMORE - DaMarcus Beasley was content with his December decision to retire from the U.S. national team.
- Dempsey's 3 goals lift US over Cuba 6-0, into Gold Cup semis Updated: Jul-18-15 11:38 pm
BALTIMORE - Clint Dempsey walked away with the game ball for one of the few times in his career. With his first international hat trick, he boosted the United States to a 6-0 rout over Cuba on Saturday and into its eighth straight CONCACAF Gold Cup semifinal.
- US beats Haiti 1-0 in Gold Cup, clinches group title Updated: Jul-11-15 12:47 am
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - Gyasi Zardes didn't wait long to make an impact for the United States in its Gold Cup match against Haiti on Friday night.
- Dempsey scores twice, US beats Honduras 2-1 to open Gold Cup Updated: Jul-08-15 1:15 am
FRISCO, Texas - Clint Dempsey didn't view a wild sellout crowd as a pro-Texas bunch celebrating two goals by what amounts to a hometown kid.
- Dempsey, Chandler score as US beats Guatemala 4-0 Updated: Jul-04-15 10:00 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Clint Dempsey wants to look ahead to helping the U.S. defend its CONCACAF Gold Cup title and not back to his confrontation with a referee that caused American coach Jurgen Klinsmann to replace the fiery forward as captain for the tournament.