- Former Massey Energy CEO Don Blankenship reports to prison Updated: May-12-16 6:27 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Former Massey Energy CEO Don Blankenship reported to a California prison Thursday to begin serving a one-year sentence for his conviction related to the deadliest U.S. mine explosion in four decades, a U.S. Bureau of Prisons spokesman said.
- The Latest: Mark Hunt wins 2nd District Democratic race Updated: May-10-16 11:58 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The Latest on the primary election in West Virginia, where voters have a full ballot including presidential contests, a Democratic showdown for governor and a winner-take-all state Supreme Court race (all times local):
- Nonpartisan West Virginia court race sees partisan ads spike Updated: May-08-16 10:23 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia Supreme Court candidates are running without political party labels for the first time, but the change hasn't slowed a party committee's millions of dollars in outside spending and partisan jabs by other groups.
- Clinton campaign blasts Blankenship for appearing near event Updated: May-03-16 6:21 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Hillary Clinton is linking Donald Trump to a convicted coal executive who attended a protest at her West Virginia campaign stop.
- Democrats divide in 3-way primary for West Virginia governor Updated: May-03-16 4:57 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - While West Virginia's coal industry shrivels and unemployment surges, billionaire businessman Jim Justice is dreaming about the next Dollywood, Disney World or Idaho potato in his Democratic bid for governor.