- Vulnerable GOP senators side with NRA on gun votes Updated: Jun-21-16 10:58 am
WASHINGTON - Among the Senate's most vulnerable Republicans, Pennsylvania Sen. Pat Toomey stood firmly with the powerful National Rifle Association on the latest ill-fated attempts at gun control. So did Ohio Sen. Rob Portman and Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson.
- Guns becomes hotter topic for Toomey in Senate race Updated: Jun-16-16 6:40 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Sen. Pat Toomey introduced legislation Thursday to try to prevent a potential terrorist from buying a gun, days after the worst mass shooting in modern U.S. history, but it did not appear on track to get a vote or bipartisan support.
- Congress stalemated on guns despite shooting, filibuster Updated: Jun-16-16 5:16 pm
WASHINGTON - The slaughter in Florida and an attention-grabbing filibuster in the Senate did little to break the election-year stalemate in Congress over guns Thursday, with both sides unwilling to budge and Republicans standing firm against any new legislation opposed by the National Rifle Association.
- Editorials from around Pennsylvania Updated: Jun-15-16 11:50 am
Editorials from around Pennsylvania:
- Adwatch: Pennsylvania Senate race ads attacking McGinty Updated: Jun-04-16 10:22 am
TV attack ads are flying in Pennsylvania's U.S. Senate race between Republican incumbent Pat Toomey and his Democratic challenger, Katie McGinty. The race could help determine control of the U.S. Senate in the Nov. 8 election. Here is a look at two of the attack ads currently on the air in Pennsylvania.
- US Senate hopeful forced to explain 1st-to-college claim Updated: Jun-02-16 6:35 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The Democratic nominee for U.S. Senate in Pennsylvania was forced Thursday to explain her campaign trail statements that she was the first in her big family to go to college - even though an older brother graduated from college years before her.