- White House: Alaska's Medicaid expansion 'right decision' Updated: Sep-01-15 3:37 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The White House on Tuesday praised the decision by Alaska Gov. Bill Walker to expand Medicaid to thousands of residents over the wishes of the Republican-led Legislature, calling it the "right decision."
- Obama offended by attacks on Jews who back Iran deal Updated: Aug-31-15 7:00 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama said people who attack Jews who support the Iran nuclear deal are like African-Americans who differ with him on policy and then conclude he's "not black enough."
- President to take wilderness trip with Bear Grylls Updated: Aug-31-15 4:34 pm
NEW YORK - Survival expert Bear Grylls has bagged his biggest celebrity yet for a walk in the wilderness - President Barack Obama.
- Obama to people of New Orleans: You inspire me, and America Updated: Aug-27-15 9:01 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Visiting residents on tidy porch stoops and sampling the fried chicken at a corner restaurant, President Barack Obama held out the people of New Orleans on Thursday as an extraordinary example of renewal and resilience 10 years after the devastation of Hurricane Katrina.
- Talks between Obama, Saudi king will include Iran's actions Updated: Aug-27-15 12:48 pm
WASHINGTON - The White House says next week's visit by Saudi Arabia's King Salman will include talks about Yemen, Syria and Iran's actions to destabilize the region.
- Turkey, US conclude talks on anti-IS operation plan Updated: Aug-25-15 4:21 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkish and U.S. officials have concluded "technical talks" over their cooperation on operations against the Islamic State group, Turkey's foreign minister said Tuesday.
- Obama, Netanyahu make dueling appeals on Iran to US Jews Updated: Aug-04-15 8:49 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu made dueling appeals to the American Jewish community Tuesday as they sought to rally support for their opposing positions on the Iranian nuclear deal.
- Obama's power plant climate plan shifts to courts, states Updated: Aug-03-15 6:28 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama sought to clamp down Monday on power plant emissions with a federal plan that - if successful - would attempt to slow global warming by dramatically shifting the way Americans get and use electricity.