- Democratic support piles up for Iran nuclear deal in Senate Updated: Sep-03-15 5:37 pm
WASHINGTON - Now a done deal, the Iran nuclear agreement gained critical backing from three more Democratic senators Thursday, boosting White House hopes of blocking a disapproval resolution in the Senate so the president won't have to veto it.
- The Latest: New Guatemala leader reaches out to protesters Updated: Sep-03-15 5:10 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - The latest on the resignation of Guatemalan President Otto Perez Molina (all times local):
- The Latest: Attorney says clerk holds keys to her jail cell Updated: Sep-03-15 4:35 pm
ASHLAND, Kentucky - The latest on the county clerk in Kentucky who has refused to issue marriage licenses since the Supreme Court legalized gay marriage (all times local):
- The Latest: Pats fans celebrate 'Deflategate' judgment Updated: Sep-03-15 4:27 pm
NEW YORK - The latest on a federal judge's decision to overturn the NFL's four-game suspension of New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady in the "Deflategate" scandal (all times Eastern):
- The Latest: Canada examines why it rejected Syrian family Updated: Sep-03-15 8:56 am
The latest Thursday on the European migrant crisis (all times GMT):
- Chinese warships in Bering Sea as Obama visits Alaska Updated: Sep-02-15 5:50 pm
WASHINGTON - Five Chinese warships have moved into the Bering Sea near Alaska after participating in a naval exercise with Russia, but officials said they don't view the ships as a threat as President Barack Obama travels in northern Alaska near the Arctic Circle.
- White House welcomes Senate support of Iran nuclear deal Updated: Sep-02-15 4:25 pm
ABOARD AIR FORCE ONE - The White House says it's encouraged that more than a third of the Senate has announced support for the nuclear deal with Iran.
- White House: Alaska's Medicaid expansion 'right decision' Updated: Sep-01-15 3:37 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The White House on Tuesday praised the decision by Alaska Gov. Bill Walker to expand Medicaid to thousands of residents over the wishes of the Republican-led Legislature, calling it the "right decision."
- Obama offended by attacks on Jews who back Iran deal Updated: Aug-31-15 7:00 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama said people who attack Jews who support the Iran nuclear deal are like African-Americans who differ with him on policy and then conclude he's "not black enough."
- President to take wilderness trip with Bear Grylls Updated: Aug-31-15 4:34 pm
NEW YORK - Survival expert Bear Grylls has bagged his biggest celebrity yet for a walk in the wilderness - President Barack Obama.
- Obama to people of New Orleans: You inspire me, and America Updated: Aug-27-15 9:01 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Visiting residents on tidy porch stoops and sampling the fried chicken at a corner restaurant, President Barack Obama held out the people of New Orleans on Thursday as an extraordinary example of renewal and resilience 10 years after the devastation of Hurricane Katrina.
- Talks between Obama, Saudi king will include Iran's actions Updated: Aug-27-15 12:48 pm
WASHINGTON - The White House says next week's visit by Saudi Arabia's King Salman will include talks about Yemen, Syria and Iran's actions to destabilize the region.
- Turkey, US conclude talks on anti-IS operation plan Updated: Aug-25-15 4:21 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkish and U.S. officials have concluded "technical talks" over their cooperation on operations against the Islamic State group, Turkey's foreign minister said Tuesday.
- Obama, Netanyahu make dueling appeals on Iran to US Jews Updated: Aug-04-15 8:49 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu made dueling appeals to the American Jewish community Tuesday as they sought to rally support for their opposing positions on the Iranian nuclear deal.