- North America leaders urge against Trump's isolationism Updated: Jun-29-16 10:44 pm
OTTAWA, Ontario - President Barack Obama and the leaders of Mexico and Canada pushed back forcefully on Wednesday against the isolationist and anti-immigrant sentiments that have roiled Britain and been championed by GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump. The leaders warned against easy solutions peddled by "demagogues" who feed on economic anxiety.
- Comey's refusal to name gunman marks change in terror talk Updated: Jun-27-16 12:31 pm
WASHINGTON - When FBI Director James Comey discussed on national television the massacre at an Orlando nightclub, he made an off-the-cuff policy decision not to speak the gunman's name.
- North Korea trumpets successful midrange missile launch Updated: Jun-22-16 11:50 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - North Korean leader Kim Jong Un trumpeted the success of a powerful new midrange ballistic missile test that state media said Thursday propelled one of the weapons more than 1,400 kilometers (870 miles) high, saying it would allow strikes on U.S. forces throughout the region.
- Obama congratulates Pittsburgh Penguins on Stanley Cup win Updated: Jun-22-16 4:47 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama is congratulating the Pittsburgh Penguins for their victory this month in the Stanley Cup.
- Obama signs major overhaul of toxic chemicals rules into law Updated: Jun-22-16 12:36 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama signed the first major overhaul of toxic chemicals rules in 40 years into law on Wednesday, calling it proof that Washington can function despite intense polarization.
- Obama denounces Senate failure to act on gun measures Updated: Jun-21-16 12:50 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama is denouncing the Senate's failure to pass gun control measures in the aftermath of the mass shooting in Orlando, Florida.
- Obama embraces Orlando families, appeals for gun controls Updated: Jun-16-16 8:28 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - Embracing grieving Orlando families and appealing anew for national action, President Barack Obama claimed a threat to all Americans' security Thursday as a strong reason to tighten U.S. gun laws. Counterterror campaigns overseas, he declared, can never prevent all "lone wolf" attacks like the one that killed 49 people in Orlando.
- Obama, Dalai Lama anger China with White House meeting Updated: Jun-15-16 3:13 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama thanked the Dalai Lama on Wednesday for offering condolences after 49 people were killed in the worst mass shooting in modern U.S. history, as the pair once again angered China by meeting at the White House.
- Making no promises, Obama struggles for solution on violence Updated: Jun-14-16 9:52 am
WASHINGTON - Was it homegrown terrorism, hatred or random gun violence?
- President Obama preparing to endorse Hillary Clinton Updated: Jun-06-16 9:16 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama is ready to make it official.
- The Latest: Thunderbirds cancel shows after jet crash Updated: Jun-02-16 10:19 pm
AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colorado - The Latest on an Air Force Thunderbird jet crash in Colorado (all times local):
- Obama to find Indiana county still dependent on RV industry Updated: May-31-16 6:04 pm
ELKHART, Indiana - President Barack Obama came to Elkhart County less than a month after he took office, visiting the Indiana manufacturing center that was then struggling in the depths of the Great Recession to highlight his economic policies.