- Giants miss playoffs again after latest championship run Updated: Oct-05-15 8:04 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The defending champion Giants missed the playoffs in yet another odd-year disappointment, as has become the recent pattern following title runs.
- Heston ends rookie season on sour note as Giants lose 9-3 Updated: Oct-03-15 3:22 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Chris Heston finished his rookie year on a low note, allowing a season high in runs. He can still take plenty of positives into the winter as he looks ahead to 2016.
- Tim Hudson cherishes final moment on mound before retiring Updated: Oct-01-15 7:58 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Tim Hudson left the pitching mound for likely the last time to a roaring ovation and tipped his cap to every section of the stadium as his Giants teammates waited in front of the dugout in a hug line.
- Anderson pitches NL West champion Dodgers past Giants Updated: Oct-01-15 7:47 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Brett Anderson is optimistic that after a healthy and productive season he can carry that momentum right into the playoffs.
- Giants reliever Jeremy Affeldt retiring after season Updated: Oct-01-15 4:20 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Torn between being a present father to his three young sons and a professional pitcher, Jeremy Affeldt nearly walked away from baseball for good at the All-Star break before manager Bruce Bochy and catcher Buster Posey talked him into sticking it out a couple more months.
- Bumgarner, Giants watch Dodgers clinch West on their field Updated: Sep-30-15 2:20 am
SAN FRANCISCO - This clincher took place in the other clubhouse at AT&T Park, and that was a strange sight for Madison Bumgarner and the World Series champions who won't get their chance to defend.
- Tim Lincecum hopes to rejoin Giants after hip surgery rehab Updated: Sep-29-15 11:29 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - If he has to use crutches, Tim Lincecum sure digs his snazzy set that comfortably get him around following surgery on his left hip earlier this month. They allowed him to be back at the ballpark this week with his teammates and support system, including the faithful Giants fans.
- Giants win 3-2 in 12 to deny Greinke, Dodgers NL West title Updated: Sep-29-15 3:44 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Jake Peavy did his part for seven innings and the San Francisco Giants staved off elimination for at least one more day.
- Around majors, Harper-Papelbon fight viewed with shrugs Updated: Sep-28-15 9:58 pm
The dugout skirmish between the Washington Nationals' Bryce Harper and Jonathan Papelbon elicited a common reaction around the majors Monday: Yes, these kinds of scraps take place. Not always in front of TV cameras, perhaps, but teammates do get into fights with each other.
- Hudson-Zito matchup hardly lives up to hype in Giants' win Updated: Sep-26-15 11:09 pm
OAKLAND, California - Tim Hudson and Barry Zito won't soon forget Saturday.
- Gray wins for A's, helps eliminate Giants from wild card Updated: Sep-26-15 2:14 am
OAKLAND, California - Now, it's staff ace Sonny Gray who might be hurt for the Oakland Athletics.
- Hudson, Zito face off in likely final outings at Oakland Updated: Sep-25-15 8:55 pm
OAKLAND, California - All Tim Hudson and Barry Zito need is Mark Mulder climbing the mound in a green and gold Athletics jersey to complete the 'ol Big Three in Oakland.
- Amarista's RBI single in 9th lifts Padres past Giants, 5-4 Updated: Sep-25-15 2:49 am
SAN DIEGO - An unlikely team and an unlikely player put the World Series champion San Francisco Giants closer to elimination Thursday night.
- Tim Hudson and Barry Zito facing off will happen Saturday Updated: Sep-23-15 3:31 am
OAKLAND, California - Barry Zito had returned home from a minor league season ready to turn his attention from baseball to his other love, music, perhaps for good.
- Zito rejoins the A's in 'storybook ending' Updated: Sep-16-15 8:33 pm
CHICAGO - Although he made no official announcement, Barry Zito believed his playing career had concluded with the end of the minor league season earlier this month.
- Todd Frazier homers in 10th as Reds hold off Giants 9-8 Updated: Sep-16-15 3:08 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Todd Frazier made a celebratory hop as he rounded first base and gestured toward his dugout in delight.
- Leake pitches, hits Giants to 10-3 victory over Padres Updated: Sep-13-15 9:49 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - It took a little longer than he would have liked, but Mike Leake finally won a game for the Giants.