- Royals place Moustakas on DL with torn ACL Updated: May-26-16 6:57 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Royals placed third baseman Mike Moustakas on the 15-day disabled list Thursday with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee.
- Gee, Royals miss chance to sweep Twins in 7-5 loss Updated: May-25-16 6:12 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Kansas City Royals had the opportunity to turn a solid road trip into an excellent six-game stretch.
- Sano, Twins stave off another sweep with 7-5 win over Royals Updated: May-25-16 6:03 pm
- Royals place Gordon on DL with fractured right wrist Updated: May-23-16 8:24 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - When Alex Gordon and Mike Moustakas collided while chasing a foul ball on Sunday, the Kansas City Royals gasped at the prospects of losing two All-Stars on one play.
- White Sox beat Royals 3-2 to avoid sweep Updated: May-22-16 6:45 pm
CHICAGO - The White Sox didn't completely break out of their offensive funk. But they scored just enough runs to win for the third time in 11 games.
- Red Sox beat Royals 5-2 for split of day-night doubleheader Updated: May-19-16 12:08 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - David Price did exactly what the Boston Red Sox expected when they signed him to a $217 million deal.
- MLB players police unwritten rules for acceptable conduct Updated: May-16-16 6:51 pm
NEW YORK - Hall of Famer Joe Morgan knows that for more than a century, baseball players have policed themselves.
- Red Sox-Royals postponed by rain; doubleheader Wednesday Updated: May-16-16 6:07 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Perhaps a cold, wet day in Kansas City will finally cool off the Boston Red Sox.
- Royals' Gee outpitched in KC debut by Braves' Foltynewicz Updated: May-14-16 11:47 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Dillon Gee pitched well in his first Kansas City Royals start. Mike Foltynewicz, however, pitched better for Atlanta.
- Yankees surge past Royals for 7-3 victory Updated: May-12-16 10:52 pm
NEW YORK - Chase Headley can only hope one successful swing leads to a lot more.
- Duffy, Gee in Royals' rotation while Young, Medlen on DL Updated: May-12-16 7:44 pm
NEW YORK - The Kansas City Royals needed to revamp their rotation Thursday after putting struggling starters Chris Young and Kris Medlen on the 15-day disabled list.
- Young to return to Kansas City to have forearm examined Updated: May-10-16 8:53 pm
NEW YORK - A day after giving up a career-high five home runs, Royals pitcher Chris Young said he will return to Kansas City on Wednesday to have an MRI on his right forearm.
- MLB suspends Royals prospect Mondesi for 50 games for PED Updated: May-10-16 6:41 pm
NEW YORK - Kansas City Royals infield prospect Raul Mondesi was suspended for 50 games following a positive test for Clenbuterol, negotiating a 30-game reduction from the usual penalty for a banned steroid after providing evidence he ingested the drug in an over-the-counter medication.
- Tomlin stays unbeaten as Indians down Royals 5-4 Updated: May-08-16 6:23 pm
CLEVELAND - Starter and stopper. Josh Tomlin is handling both roles for the Indians.
- Royals' Mike Moustakas scratched because of sore left thumb Updated: May-06-16 5:44 pm
CLEVELAND - Kansas City third baseman Mike Moustakas was scratched from the Royals' lineup Friday night against Cleveland because of a sore left thumb.
- World Series champ Royals get day off in midst of slump Updated: May-05-16 3:11 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Royals hadn't been hitting lately.
- Nationals rout Royals 13-2 to take interleague series Updated: May-04-16 6:10 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Stephen Strasburg likes to time his journey from the bullpen to the dugout before a game to minimize the time he has to sit on the bench before getting in the game.
- Royals snap losing streak with 4-1 win against Mariners Updated: May-01-16 8:42 pm
SEATTLE - Ian Kennedy felt like he only had one pitch working for him against the Seattle Mariners on Sunday. He was still able to take a shutout into the sixth inning, and get a big boost from his bullpen when he finally ran into trouble.
- Angels lose Street, but complete sweep of Royals Updated: Apr-28-16 2:26 am
ANAHEIM, California - The Los Angeles Angels lost closer Huston Street because of a pregame injury, and that put a damper on their three-game sweep of the defending World Series champions.