- CF Adam Jones injured in Orioles' 5-3 loss to Royals Updated: Aug-27-15 7:39 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Whenever the Adam Jones tells Buck Showalter something is wrong, as he did after crashing into the outfield wall on Thursday, the Baltimore manager listens just a bit more closely.
- Yordano Ventura overpowering as Royals beat Orioles 5-3 Updated: Aug-27-15 7:23 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Yordano Ventura's locker sits next to that of Edinson Volquez in the Kansas City clubhouse, and two down from Johnny Cueto, who arrived last month in a trade from Cincinnati.
- Cueto roughed up again as Orioles power past Royals, 8-5 Updated: Aug-27-15 12:30 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - There were two things in common with the pitches Johnny Cueto threw to Chris Davis, Manny Machado and Jonathan Schoop: They all began as cutters, and they all ended up as two-run homers.
- Baserunning costs Reds in 4-3 loss to Royals Updated: Aug-20-15 1:48 am
CINCINNATI - A weird double play stalled the Cincinnati Reds' offense one run short of the Kansas City Royals.
- Royals complete sweep of Reds with 4-3 win Updated: Aug-20-15 12:47 am
CINCINNATI - Lorenzo Cain had a tiebreaking RBI single in the second inning, Ben Zobrist had four hits, and Kansas City benefited from a Cincinnati baserunning gaffe as the Royals beat the Reds 4-3 Wednesday night to complete a two-game sweep.
- Morales' RBI single in 10th lifts Royals past Angels Updated: Aug-17-15 12:38 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Hitting with two outs with runners on base in a key situation doesn't bother Kendrys Morales. He just focuses on getting a good swing.
- Royals induct Mike Sweeney into franchise Hall of Fame Updated: Aug-15-15 6:41 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Mike Sweeney was once told by one of his own coaches he had "zero percent" chance of making the Kansas City Royals out of spring training and to make sure he packed lightly if he showed up in Florida.
- Kinsler's double keys Tigers' rally in 7-4 win over Royals Updated: Aug-13-15 12:47 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - After scoring two runs early, the Detroit Tigers appeared to hit the snooze button before reawakening late in the game.
- Royals refuse to coast with comfy cushion in AL Central Updated: Aug-11-15 3:54 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - When Ned Yost was the bench coach in Atlanta, he watched the Braves cruise to a few division titles with big leads by the time August rolled around.
- Blue Jays surge, have 'special feeling' since deadline deals Updated: Aug-10-15 4:16 pm
- Madson earns save as Royals beat White Sox for 3-game sweep Updated: Aug-09-15 8:17 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - With All-Star reliever Wade Davis nursing a bad back and closer Greg Holland earning saves the past two days and unavailable, Kansas City Royals manager Ned Yost turned to Ryan Madson to protect a one-run lead in the ninth.
- Blue Jays, Royals escalate feud by trading barbs on Twitter Updated: Aug-03-15 2:38 pm
TORONTO - The Royals and Blue Jays have moved on: After an exchange of hit batters, they're now trading barbs on Twitter.
- Zobrist to make Royals debut against Jays Updated: Jul-30-15 6:21 pm
TORONTO - Ben Zobrist was set to make his Kansas City Royals' debut in left field against the Blue Jays on Thursday night.
- Indians avoid winless homestand, beat Royals 12-1 Updated: Jul-29-15 5:03 pm
CLEVELAND - The Cleveland Indians found the perfect way to avoid a winless homestand.