- Chris Young pitches Royals past Twins 3-1 Updated: Oct-03-15 1:34 am
MINNEAPOLIS - After watching Chris Young strike out the side in the sixth inning, Kansas City Royals manager Ned Yost approached his starter in the dugout to tell him he was nearing his pitch limit.
- Royals put big dent in Twins' wild-card bid with 3-1 win Updated: Oct-03-15 1:34 am
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Twins clubhouse, clouded so often this season by fog machines for the post-victory dance parties, was crystal clear and eerily quiet following the 160th game on the schedule.
- Gomes helps Royals beat White Sox 6-4 Updated: Oct-02-15 12:36 am
CHICAGO - Kansas City Royals manager Ned Yost was sitting in his office in the visiting clubhouse when White Sox broadcaster Ken Harrelson walked in and offered him a lucky gold coin.
- Royals' Morales leaves with left quad tightness Updated: Oct-01-15 10:15 pm
CHICAGO - Kansas City designated hitter Kendrys Morales has left the Royals' game at the Chicago White Sox with tightness in his left quadriceps.
- Royals offense can't support pitching in 1-0 loss to Cubs Updated: Sep-29-15 12:33 am
CHICAGO - Yordano Ventura has been nearly unbeatable over the past two months. But even what may have been his best outing of the season wasn't enough for the Kansas City Royals on Monday night.
- Royals' Young goes 5 no-hit innings day after father's death Updated: Sep-27-15 6:55 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A day after his father died, Chris Young took the mound and paid tribute the best way he knew how.
- Medlen knocked out in fourth in Royals' 9-5 loss to Indians Updated: Sep-26-15 11:57 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kris Medlen lost the rematch.
- Crowned! Royals clinch AL Central by beating Mariners 10-4 Updated: Sep-25-15 3:38 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - No unexpected wild-card ride into October this year. The Kansas City Royals are division champs for the first time in three decades - and they want a whole lot more.
- Royals reliever Holland (elbow) out for rest of season Updated: Sep-24-15 7:15 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas City Royals reliever Greg Holland has a right elbow ligament tear that will end his season and likely require surgery.
- Morales hits 3 homers for Royals in 10-3 win at Detroit Updated: Sep-20-15 6:00 pm
DETROIT - The Kansas City Royals signed Kendrys Morales last offseason to add some power to what had been a fairly punchless offense in 2014.
- Infante drives in 7 runs as Royals down Indians 8-4 Updated: Sep-17-15 11:46 pm
CLEVELAND - As Omar Infante prepared for a postgame TV interview, teammate Salvador Perez dumped a bucket of Gatorade over his head, soaking Kansas City's second baseman to the bone.
- Royals move struggling Danny Duffy to bullpen Updated: Sep-17-15 7:40 pm
CLEVELAND - Kansas City manager Ned Yost is looking for four starters he can count on. Right now, Danny Duffy isn't one of them.
- Sano's homer sends Twins past Royals 3-2 in 12 innings Updated: Sep-10-15 1:37 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The longer Miguel Sano stayed in the batter's box, the more confident Twins manager Paul Molitor felt that his big pinch-hitter would come through in the 12th inning Wednesday night.
- Danks goes the distance as White Sox beat Royals 12-1 Updated: Sep-05-15 12:26 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - John Danks loves it in Kansas City.
- Royals' bats come alive in 15-7 blowout of struggling Tigers Updated: Sep-04-15 12:53 am
- Royals believe chickenpox cases limited to 2 players Updated: Sep-03-15 5:53 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The AL Central-leading Royals are confident no other players will come down with chickenpox after reliever Kelvin Herrera and left-fielder Alex Rios were diagnosed last weekend.