- Planned Parenthood sues Alabama over end to Medicaid funds Updated: Aug-28-15 9:41 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Planned Parenthood Southeast on Friday filed a federal lawsuit over Gov. Robert Bentley's effort to cut off Medicaid payments to the organization's Alabama clinics.
- Officials concerned about potential budget cuts to parks Updated: Aug-27-15 5:03 pm
PELHAM, Alabama - State park closures and cutbacks to other outdoor activities are among the potential impacts of proposed budget cuts to the Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources, officials said Thursday before asking citizens to call state lawmakers to ask that they preserve the department's funding.
- Sen. Del Marsh won't propose lottery bill in second session Updated: Aug-22-15 9:16 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama Senate President Pro Tem Del Marsh won't propose his bill to allow a statewide vote on a lottery and casinos during the second special session.
- GOP candidates court voters in Alabama Updated: Aug-22-15 10:05 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama was once considered a flyover state for presidential hopefuls. That is no longer the case.
- Trump plans rally in 40,000-seat stadium in Alabama Updated: Aug-21-15 1:58 pm
MOBILE, Alabama - GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump planned a campaign rally in a 40,000-seat football stadium in Mobile on Friday evening after initial venues proved too small because of the demand for tickets.
- Bentley: Cuts are a 'true crisis' for the state Updated: Aug-19-15 8:23 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Gov. Robert Bentley continued the tough talk on Wednesday, bidding to ramp up support for tax increases ahead of a second special session on the budget.
- Alabama editorial roundup Updated: Aug-19-15 2:22 pm
Recent editorials from Alabama newspapers:
- Trump, Walker to make stops in Alabama this week Updated: Aug-18-15 6:22 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump will make a campaign stop in Alabama on Friday.
- Alabama Gov. Bentley endorses Kasich of Ohio for president Updated: Aug-17-15 5:49 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley on Monday endorsed Ohio Gov. John Kasich for the Republican presidential nomination, saying he has the executive-level experience and compassion necessary to lead.
- GOP hopeful Kasich lands endorsement of Alabama's governor Updated: Aug-17-15 2:53 pm
Republican John Kasich (KAY-sik) has landed the endorsement of fellow governor Robert Bentley of Alabama, as Kasich seeks to build support for the GOP presidential nomination.
- Legislature's special session ends without budget Updated: Aug-11-15 6:49 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Special session number one is in the books. Bring on round two.
- Governor to cut state Medicaid money to Planned Parenthood Updated: Aug-06-15 6:24 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley said Thursday that he is cutting off state Medicaid payments to Planned Parenthood in the face of undercover videos shot by anti-abortion activists that implied the group was selling fetal tissue to researchers.