- Oil spill bill, Medicaid fix stumbles at session's end Updated: May-03-16 11:30 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Legislation dictating how to spend Alabama's oil spill settlement money - and provide a funding fix for Medicaid - is dead for the legislative session after senators could not agree Tuesday on how to use the $1 billion windfall.
- Alabama governor, senator urge TVA to sell unfinished nuke Updated: May-02-16 8:20 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley and Sen. Richard Shelby are among those urging the Tennessee Valley Authority to sell its unfinished Bellefonte Nuclear Plant, where more than four decades of work hasn't produced a watt of electricity.
- Governor facing impeachment push: I've done nothing illegal Updated: Apr-29-16 3:08 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Embattled Gov. Robert Bentley on Friday maintained he has done nothing wrong, just a day after Alabama lawmakers revived an impeachment effort against him.
- House approves prison construction after lengthy debate Updated: Apr-29-16 12:34 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The House of Representatives on Thursday approved Gov. Robert Bentley's $800 million prison construction proposal, but with a major condition.
- US to states: Make it easier for ex-prisoners to obtain IDs Updated: Apr-25-16 6:19 pm
WASHINGTON - States should make it easier for convicted felons to obtain state-issued identification after they get out of prison, Attorney General Loretta Lynch said Monday in announcing a set of measures aimed at helping smooth the return to society for the hundreds of thousands of inmates released each year.
- Alabama editorial roundup Updated: Apr-20-16 3:51 pm
Recent editorials from Alabama newspapers:
- DeMarcus Ware honored by Alabama governor Updated: Apr-19-16 3:39 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama native and NFL star DeMarcus Ware was honored by Alabama Governor Robert Bentley and the state legislature following a standout season with the Denver Broncos.
- Super Bowl champs return to work minus Miller, Ware Updated: Apr-18-16 7:19 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - The Super Bowl champions reconvened Monday minus some notable star power.
- McIlwain looks best of South Carolina's QBs at spring game Updated: Apr-09-16 3:54 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina is taking a long look at starting a true freshman at quarterback.
- Bentley: Budget will force tough cuts to Medicaid Updated: Apr-06-16 6:26 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Gov. Robert Bentley on Wednesday warned that Alabama will see painful reductions in Medicaid services under a budget approved this week by the Alabama Legislature.
- State Senate approves $800 million prison construction bill Updated: Apr-05-16 11:08 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Alabama Senate on Tuesday approved an $800 million prison construction bill over objections from both parties about a lack of debate on the issue.
- Lawmakers vote to override Bentley budget veto Updated: Apr-05-16 10:16 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama lawmakers voted Tuesday to override Gov. Robert Bentley and enact a budget that governor had rejected over Medicaid funding.
- The Latest: Some lawmakers express doubt on impeachment Updated: Apr-05-16 3:41 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Latest on the effort to impeach Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley (all times local):