- Poarch Band launches ad urging a compact Updated: Jul-16-15 3:18 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Poarch Band of Creek Indians this week launched a new television ad urging the state to enter into a gambling compact with the tribe.
- Alabama editorial roundup Updated: Jul-15-15 2:52 pm
Recent editorials from Alabama newspapers:
- Bentley names Tuesday 'Go Set a Watchman' day Updated: Jul-13-15 12:46 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama Gov Robert Bentley has proclaimed Tuesday as "Go Set a Watchman" Day in the state to honor the release of Harper Lee's new novel.
- Gulf Coast officials worry over local share of BP settlement Updated: Jul-12-15 4:59 pm
MOBILE, Alabama - Gulf Coast officials worry that their communities won't get their fair share of Alabama's $2.3 billion portion of the BP oil spill settlement.
- Man on quest to carry Confederate flag to Washington by foot Updated: Jul-08-15 10:11 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Johnny Cooper says America is losing its way, a message he intends to carry along the highways from Alabama's capital to the nation's capital.
- Bentley: Removing Confederate flags was 'right thing to do' Updated: Jul-04-15 2:31 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Gov. Robert Bentley said removing four Confederate flags from the state Capitol was the "right thing to do" and that the state didn't need to go through a fight over the banners.
- Attorney reprimanded for letter blasting gay marriage ruling Updated: Jul-01-15 6:08 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A lawyer for Alabama's judicial system said Wednesday that he has been reprimanded by Alabama Supreme Court Chief Justice Roy Moore for a letter he sent public officials blasting the U.S. Supreme Court's same-sex marriage ruling.