- Recent state laws on domestic abuse, gun rights Updated: Feb-06-16 8:13 am
Specifics of the state laws passed during the last two years that are intended to make it harder for people convicted or suspected of domestic violence to access firearms:
- Muslim advocacy group asks for meeting with Alabama governor Updated: Feb-04-16 2:16 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A Muslim advocacy group on Thursday asked to meet with Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley about statements he made on a refugee resettlement program that the group says were "derogatory and dehumanizing."
- Bentley proposes mix of budget cuts, education funding shift Updated: Feb-03-16 4:59 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley on Wednesday proposed a mix of budget cuts and a shift of education funds to address a general fund shortfall, but high-ranking senators said they doubted legislators will go along with a diversion of the education dollars.
- Lawmakers begin 2016 session to familiar budget woes Updated: Feb-02-16 9:21 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama lawmakers began the 2016 legislative session on Groundhog Day with familiar budget woes that could spell funding cuts for many state agencies.
- 39 Alabama counties eligible for federal storm assistance Updated: Jan-22-16 11:15 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Officials say federal disaster assistance is available for people in areas that were hit by storms and floods in late December.
- Alabama to recognize veteran-owned businesses with stickers Updated: Jan-20-16 4:59 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley and other officials have announced a program to provide display stickers to inform consumers of which businesses are owned by veterans.
- Bentley not seeking tax increases; budget cuts anticipated Updated: Jan-14-16 7:13 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Gov. Robert Bentley spent much of 2015 battling with lawmakers over his proposed tax increases to avoid general fund budget cuts.
- Republican lawmakers push lottery bill in upcoming session Updated: Jan-12-16 6:22 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Some Republican lawmakers say it's time Alabama considered a state lottery.
- Alabama sues federal government over refugee program Updated: Jan-07-16 6:43 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama on Thursday became the second state to sue the U.S. government over refugee resettlement, accusing the Obama administration of failing to consult with states on placement of those who have fled their home countries.