- General says number of US troops in Libya sufficient for now Updated: Jun-21-16 1:50 pm
WASHINGTON - The Marine Corps general nominated to lead U.S. forces in Africa said Tuesday the United States has a small number of troops on the ground in Libya and no more are needed "at the moment."
- Senate approves defense bill, defies White House veto threat Updated: Jun-14-16 12:18 pm
WASHINGTON - Defying a White House veto threat, the Senate voted decisively Tuesday to approve a defense policy bill that authorizes $602 billion in military spending, bars shuttering the prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, and denies the Pentagon's bid to start a new round of military base closings.
- Unlikely path for foes hoping to dump Trump at convention Updated: Jun-10-16 2:54 pm
WASHINGTON - Dumping Trump at next month's Republican national convention? Highly dubious, but not prohibitively implausible.
- New Mexico governor disagrees with Trump comments on judge Updated: Jun-09-16 4:36 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez has joined a chorus of Republican leaders in criticizing Donald Trump for his claim that a federal judge is not qualified to preside over a case because of his Mexican heritage.
- SC Dems: Trump is a 'threat'; withdraw your endorsements Updated: Jun-08-16 5:13 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina's top Democrat is calling on elected Republicans to rescind their endorsements of Donald Trump, saying Wednesday that the presumptive GOP nominee is a racist and xenophobe, in part due to his race-based attacks on a Hispanic judge.
- GOP Sen. Mark Kirk says he won't support Trump for president Updated: Jun-07-16 6:07 pm
CHICAGO - Republican U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk said Tuesday that Donald Trump's recent comments about a federal judge of Mexican descent are "un-American" and he cannot support the GOP's presumptive presidential nominee - a reversal that came amid intensifying criticism from Democrats, including rival U.S. Rep. Tammy Duckworth.