- After past opposition, SC delegation now seeks flood aid Updated: Oct-06-15 5:44 pm
WASHINGTON - South Carolina's congressional delegation is vowing to make sure the state gets federal help to recover from the historic flooding from massive rains.
- Hilton Head Island GOP booster criticized for remarks Updated: Oct-06-15 7:56 am
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, South Carolina - The leader of a Republican group on Hilton Head Island has been criticized for his criticism of U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham.
- Trump, Rubio, Bush among candidates going to state GOP event Updated: Oct-01-15 12:27 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Donald Trump, former Gov. Jeb Bush and Sen. Marco Rubio are among at least six presidential candidates that will attend a summit hosted by the Republican Party of Florida.
- Field for SC's Republican presidential primary set at 15 Updated: Sep-30-15 6:32 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina Republican Party officials say 15 candidates have paid the $40,000 fee to be on the state GOP presidential primary ballot next year.
- Republican megadonor urges talk on climate change solutions Updated: Sep-28-15 3:04 pm
WASHINGTON - Republican businessman Jay Faison says his party should stop fighting science and start talking solutions to climate change. He has $175 million to invest in politics and policy to help inspire them. And if that's not enough, he's commissioned a survey, released Monday, that he says shows voters agree.
- GOP hopeful Graham joins fellow senator Scott at town hall Updated: Sep-28-15 4:01 am
MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - South Carolina's two U.S. senators are getting together this week to talk presidential politics.
- No Labels event in NH to draw 8 presidential hopefuls Updated: Sep-28-15 3:46 am
WASHINGTON - Businessman Donald Trump, Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders and Ohio Gov. John Kasich will headline a bipartisan presidential forum in New Hampshire next month aimed at addressing the nation's most urgent problems.
- Lindsey Graham attending coastal GOP meeting Updated: Sep-27-15 4:31 am
MURRELLS INLET, South Carolina - South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham is back in his home state this weekend for some campaigning as part of his quest for the Republican presidential nomination.
- Tim Scott visiting veteran memorial in Murrells Inlet Updated: Sep-27-15 4:05 am
MURRELLS INLET, South Carolina - U.S. Sen. Tim Scott is making a stop on South Carolina's coast this weekend.
- Senate blocks anti-abortion bill; new showdown set Updated: Sep-22-15 5:11 pm
WASHINGTON - Senate Democrats thwarted a Republican effort to ban late-term abortions on Tuesday as GOP leaders strained to avoid a government shutdown in eight days over the dispute - all against a tangled backdrop of presidential politics.
- Iran nuclear deal is done, but not the debate in Congress Updated: Sep-19-15 9:25 am
WASHINGTON - It's a done deal, yet opponents of the Iran nuclear agreement won't go quietly.
- White House faults Republican Party for not rebuking Trump Updated: Sep-18-15 1:46 pm
WASHINGTON - The White House is criticizing the GOP and its presidential candidates for failing to rebuke Donald Trump's comments about immigrants and minorities.
- At debate, GOP candidates try to tie themselves to Reagan Updated: Sep-17-15 8:18 am
ATLANTA - Standing in Ronald Reagan's presidential library, GOP White House hopeful Jeb Bush argued that the 40th president would agree with him, and not the front-running Donald Trump, on immigration.
- Analysis: SC economic impact of state ports at $53B Updated: Sep-14-15 6:11 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - South Carolina's ports are a major engine for the state's economy, generating about $53 billion annually with one in 11 jobs statewide directly or indirectly linked to the ports, according to a new report released Monday.
- Charleston Harbor deepening approved by Army Corps Updated: Sep-14-15 5:22 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The Army Corps of Engineers has given its approval to deepening the Charleston Harbor shipping channel.
- GOP leaders face difficult battle to avert federal shutdown Updated: Sep-14-15 4:16 am
WASHINGTON - No government shutdown this year, Republican congressional leaders say. But with Congress, it's never easy.
- US effort to close Guantanamo prison still facing roadblocks Updated: Sep-14-15 3:59 am
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration's struggling quest to close the U.S. detention center at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, is mired in state and federal politics.
- Presidential candidates flock to New Hampshire Updated: Sep-12-15 8:27 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham, Ohio Gov. John Kasich and Carly Fiorina are campaigning in New Hampshire this weekend at several of the same events.
- Key reasons why opponents hate the Iran nuclear deal Updated: Sep-11-15 4:10 am
WASHINGTON - Even though opponents of the Iran nuclear deal can't win in Congress, they aren't going to go quietly.