- Senate passes bill to hit North Korea with harsher sanctions Updated: Feb-10-16 9:56 pm
WASHINGTON - Seeking to derail North Korea's drive for nuclear weapons, Republican and Democratic senators set aside their partisan differences Wednesday to unanimously pass legislation aimed at starving Pyongyang of the money it needs to build an atomic arsenal.
- The Latest: Bush says he won't blame Obama for problems Updated: Feb-10-16 8:39 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Here's the latest on the 2016 presidential race as Republican and Democratic candidates head from New Hampshire to South Carolina and beyond. All times local:
- General says troop cuts constrain Afghan training mission Updated: Feb-04-16 6:11 pm
WASHINGTON - The ability to train and advise the still green Afghan security forces will be constrained if the U.S. troop level is cut to 5,500 as President Barack Obama has proposed, the senior American commander in Afghanistan said on Thursday.
- Coast Guard rescue stations in SC, Oregon open till 2018 Updated: Feb-04-16 11:00 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - U.S. Coast Guard helicopter search-and-rescue stations on the Oregon and South Carolina coasts will remain open at least until 2018.
- Gov. Haley asks SC prosecutor to sue feds over MOX project Updated: Jan-26-16 6:33 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Gov. Nikki Haley on Tuesday moved forward with her threat to sue the U.S. Department of Energy for the agency's failure to meet a Jan. 1 nuclear fuel deadline, asking South Carolina's top prosecutor to pursue litigation and collection of $1 million daily fine.
- Army nominee says he doesn't support demoting Gen. Petraeus Updated: Jan-21-16 2:55 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration's nominee to be the Army's top civilian official said Thursday he doesn't support demoting retired Gen. David Petraeus and believes that no further action should be taken against the former CIA director.
- Senate Democrats block Syrian refugee bill from advancing Updated: Jan-20-16 4:07 pm
WASHINGTON - Senate Democrats on Wednesday blocked a bill that would crack down on Syrian and Iraqi refugees coming to the U.S. as the debate turned into a referendum on Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump and his policies.
- The Latest: Updates from the Democratic presidential debate Updated: Jan-17-16 9:35 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Here are the latest developments from the Democratic presidential candidates' final debate before the Feb. 1 Iowa caucuses.
- GOP, Dems use cheers, boos to express their politics Updated: Jan-12-16 10:56 pm
WASHINGTON - In a polarized Washington, President Barack Obama's last State of the Union address drew sharply different partisan reactions, with a few exceptions.
- The Latest: Obama takes 'one more look at this thing' Updated: Jan-12-16 10:43 pm
WASHINGTON - The latest on President Barack Obama's last State of the Union address. All times EST:
- Candidate accuses Sen. Burr of enabling progressive agenda Updated: Jan-12-16 9:02 pm
CARY, North Carolina - Second-time U.S. Senate candidate Greg Brannon told conservative allies Tuesday night that Sen. Richard Burr has enabled President Barack Obama's initiatives on Capitol Hill and that he would stand up for constitutional principles on the Senate floor if he unseated the Republican incumbent.
- Underdog candidates keep powering along the campaign trail Updated: Jan-12-16 7:36 am
PARKERSBURG, Iowa - Running as an underdog presidential candidate isn't always glamorous.