- Yankees, a team in transition, feel downbeat and yet hopeful Updated: Oct-07-15 6:17 pm
NEW YORK - The quartet leaned against the dugout railing with uniformly glum expressions during the ninth inning, Masahiro Tanaka and Dellin Betances crossing their arms, Brett Gardner dangling his over a railing and Chris Young resting his chin on a hand.
- Yanks still have not led playoff game since Jeter got hurt Updated: Oct-07-15 1:31 am
NEW YORK - The Yankees still have not led in a postseason game since Derek Jeter sprawled in the dirt three years ago, screaming in pain from a broken ankle.
- White Sox eliminated with 2-1 loss to Yankees Updated: Sep-26-15 9:51 pm
NEW YORK - The Chicago White Sox have been over .500 for just one day this season, when they were 18-17 in mid-May. It has been clear for weeks that they would not reach the playoffs, so there was little suspense when they were mathematically eliminated Saturday with a 2-1 loss to the New York Yankees.
- Eovaldi still too sore to resume throwing Updated: Sep-21-15 5:52 pm
TORONTO - Yankees right-hander Nathan Eovaldi still has inflammation in his sore right elbow and won't be able to resume throwing until next week, manager Joe Girardi said Monday.
- Yankees no match for Matz in Subway Series opener loss Updated: Sep-19-15 12:31 am
NEW YORK - A Yankees lineup missing Alex Rodriguez, Brian McCann and Jacoby Ellsbury was little match for rookie Steven Matz and the stingy Mets pitching staff.
- Franklin's homer helps Rays beat Yankees 6-3 Updated: Sep-15-15 11:47 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Nick Franklin was only in the game because Asdrubal Cabrera had gotten hurt.