- Emails to McCrory: Don't scrap Confederate license plates Updated: Sep-03-15 12:38 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Gov. Pat McCrory heard strong opinions after proposing in June that the state should remove the Confederate battle flag from a North Carolina license plate, with emails from opponents vastly outnumbering supporters.
- Congressman, North Carolina lawmakers supporting Jeb Bush Updated: Aug-27-15 5:40 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A congressman and key General Assembly leaders are atop Jeb Bush's campaign support group in North Carolina.
- After Hagan's no, Democrats wait for Burr challengers Updated: Aug-23-15 10:58 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Since Kay Hagan declined in June to run for a return to Washington, North Carolina and national Democrats have been looking for strong candidates to challenge Republican U.S. Sen. Richard Burr in 2016.
- Ex-trial judge Baker succeeding Foley on NC elections board Updated: Aug-14-15 5:23 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Gov. Pat McCrory has filled a vacancy on the North Carolina State Board of Elections following the resignation last month of a member who faced scrutiny during a campaign finance probe.
- Governor, Senate leader urge action on different tax bills Updated: Aug-12-15 3:18 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Gov. Pat McCrory and Senate Republicans held dueling rallies Wednesday seeking support late in this year's session from local government leaders and the public for two tax bills involving local governments.