- EPA smokestack rules unwelcome, unneeded say leaders in NC Updated: Aug-03-15 9:49 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Stricter carbon dioxide limits on power plants issued Monday have lawmakers in North Carolina, a state that started cutting smokestack pollution more than a decade ago, gearing up to fight the Obama administration over balancing pollution versus cost.
- McCrory behind Cooper in 2015 fundraising for NC governor Updated: Jul-31-15 5:26 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Democratic Attorney General Roy Cooper outpaced incumbent Republican Gov. Pat McCrory in fundraising this year as the two gear up for the 2016 North Carolina gubernatorial race, according to campaign reports released Friday.
- NAACP criticizes NC GOP leaders for monuments bill Updated: Jul-27-15 7:26 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The president of the state chapter of the NAACP is criticizing Republican leaders in North Carolina following passage of a historical monuments bill which opponents say protects Confederate memorials.
- Finding money for highways is becoming a bipartisan project Updated: Jul-24-15 6:17 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - As Congress considers a long-awaited transportation funding bill, some Republican governors as well as Democrats say they aren't waiting to raise or borrow money to fix or build roads, bridges and highways.
- North Carolina editorial roundup Updated: Jul-22-15 3:43 pm
Recent editorials from North Carolina newspapers:
- Gov.'s legal counsel knew of board member interest conflict Updated: Jul-17-15 6:38 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The chief legal counsel for Gov. Pat McCrory knew almost a year ago that the law firm of a North Carolina Board of Elections member had received money from the target of an investigation into questionable political donations.
- Budget negotiators named; McCrory talks to GOP lawmakers Updated: Jul-16-15 7:11 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina legislators wrapped up their first week back after a week off with little to show toward getting the already late state budget finalized next month.
- Spaulding runs NC gubernatorial ad taking on McCrory, Cooper Updated: Jul-15-15 6:14 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A candidate for North Carolina governor is running his first ad of the 2016 campaign.
- NC election board member's firm worked for target of probe Updated: Jul-10-15 6:09 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - For 17 months, a member of the North Carolina Board of Elections appointed by Gov. Pat McCrory demanded regular updates about the confidential investigation into $235,000 in political contributions to the campaigns of the governor and dozens of other elected officials.
- Zachary to succeed Steelman on N. Carolina Court of Appeals Updated: Jul-09-15 5:42 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A Yadkin County lawyer is joining the North Carolina Court of Appeals.