- Nuggets hold off short-handed Pistons 103-92 Updated: Feb-10-16 11:41 pm
AUBURN HILLS, Michigan - Will Barton lifted the Denver Nuggets with another impressive fourth quarter.
- US adds Blazers' Lillard to Olympic basketball roster pool Updated: Feb-10-16 4:02 pm
Portland guard Damian Lillard has been added to the U.S. national basketball team pool, giving the Americans 31 players for 12 spots.
- Impact Hack-a-Someone tactic having on NBA is growing issue Updated: Feb-10-16 3:53 pm
MIAMI - San Antonio's first play of the 2008-09 season was designed and executed perfectly. Spurs' center Tim Duncan didn't bother jumping for the opening tap, conceding it to Phoenix's Shaquille O'Neal. Five seconds later, Michael Finley wrapped his arms around O'Neal for an intentional foul.
- Raptors beat Pistons 103-89, have won 14 of 15 Updated: Feb-08-16 11:11 pm
AUBURN HILLS, Michigan - When Andre Drummond's shot from about 80 feet dropped straight through the net to end the third quarter, Toronto's lead was down to five points, and it looked like this game against the Detroit Pistons might come down to the wire.
- Chuck, Shaq, Kenny offer fresh ideas for All-Star weekend Updated: Feb-08-16 2:37 am
The Splash Brothers have turned the 3-point contest into must-see TV. Zach LaVine made the dunk contest cool again.
- NBA reviewing if jump-on-back foul should be flagrant Updated: Feb-07-16 2:43 pm
NEW YORK - The NBA is reviewing whether the act of jumping on a player's back to intentionally foul him should be interpreted as a flagrant foul.
- George's 30 points lead Indiana to 112-104 win over Pistons Updated: Feb-06-16 11:24 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Closing out games is a challenge for the Indiana Pacers.
- Reigning dunk champ LaVine: 'I've got tricks up my sleeve' Updated: Feb-05-16 5:42 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Zach LaVine came to All-Star weekend in New York last year as an under-the-radar rookie toiling away for one of the league's worst teams. He left as the Savior of Slam after a scintillating performance breathed new life into the dunk contest.
- Curry to defend 3-point title, big men in Skills Challenge Updated: Feb-04-16 11:57 pm
NEW YORK - Stephen Curry will defend his title in the 3-point contest, Zach LaVine will try for another dunk championship and some All-Star big men will compete for the Skills Challenge crown.
- Pistons blow 27-point lead, recover to beat Knicks 111-105 Updated: Feb-04-16 11:30 pm
AUBURN HILLS, Michigan - Anthony Tolliver's only shot of the game helped the Detroit Pistons avoid a colossal collapse.
- Thomas scores 17 as Celtics stave off Pistons' rally, 102-95 Updated: Feb-03-16 11:27 pm
BOSTON - As one of the NBA's top defensive teams this season, the Celtics have inevitably found themselves with some big leads.
- Drummond, Jackson help Pistons edge Nets 105-100 Updated: Feb-01-16 10:56 pm
NEW YORK - Reggie Jackson was nearly on the bench, his coach believing he was being beaten by cramps.
- Green, Thompson picked, giving Warriors 3 NBA All-Stars Updated: Jan-29-16 1:50 am
NEW YORK - Draymond Green and Klay Thompson were picked Thursday for the Western Conference team, giving the NBA champion Golden State Warriors three All-Stars for the first time in 40 years.
- Drummond's 25 points, 18 boards rally Pistons past 76ers Updated: Jan-27-16 11:51 pm
AUBURN HILLS, Michigan - When Andre Drummond got rolling Wednesday night, Philadelphia 76ers coach Brett Brown did the same thing almost every NBA coach does.
- Jackson scores 29, Pistons defeat Jazz 95-92 Updated: Jan-26-16 12:41 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Detroit Pistons coach Stan Van Gundy said Monday was the best defensive performance by Reggie Jackson since the point guard was traded to the organization last season.
- Column: Bryant's All-Star nod bumps more deserving player Updated: Jan-22-16 5:59 pm
Kobe Bryant gets to start one more All-Star Game.
- Davis, Evans lead Pelicans past Pistons, 115-99 Updated: Jan-22-16 12:25 am
NEW ORLEANS - Sprinting for a loose ball, Anthony Davis found himself attempting to leap the first three rows of seats along the sideline and was flooded with memories of the lower back injury he wound up with the last time he did something like that.
- Hack-a-Shaq not pretty and often not effective, either Updated: Jan-21-16 7:51 pm
NEW YORK - Imagine Kobe Bryant, late in his final All-Star Game, going basket for basket with LeBron James, fans in Toronto on their feet as the NBA's best put on a show.
- Caldwell-Pope scores 22 as Pistons beat Rockets 123-114 Updated: Jan-21-16 12:21 am
HOUSTON - Detroit's Andre Drummond wouldn't say whether he realized he set an NBA record by missing 23 free throws Wednesday night against the Houston Rockets.
- Anthony helps Knicks beat Jazz 118-111 in overtime Updated: Jan-21-16 12:11 am
- Pistons lose cool, Bulls take advantage in 111-101 win Updated: Jan-18-16 6:58 pm
AUBURN HILLS, Michigan - Chicago coach Fred Hoiberg dismissed the idea that the Bulls might be better off without Joakim Noah.
- Detroit's Caldwell-Pope ejected in 3rd quarter Updated: Jan-18-16 5:23 pm
AUBURN HILLS, Michigan - Detroit guard Kentavious Caldwell-Pope has been ejected from the Pistons' game against the Chicago Bulls after receiving two technical fouls in the third quarter.
- Pistons rout Golden State 113-95 despite Curry's 38 points Updated: Jan-16-16 11:43 pm
AUBURN HILLS, Michigan - Before the game, Detroit coach Stan Van Gundy said Golden State simply has more margin for error than other teams, meaning the Warriors can win even when they don't play their best.
- Wallace looking forward to jersey retirement with Pistons Updated: Jan-15-16 6:14 pm
AUBURN HILLS, Michigan - Ben Wallace understands the significance of a retired jersey and what it will mean for his legacy.
- Chalmers' leaner lifts Grizzlies over Pistons, 103-101 Updated: Jan-15-16 12:32 am