- Documents: Workers had no way to issue warning after spill Updated: Aug-27-15 3:38 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Members of a federal cleanup crew were initially trapped and unable to warn downstream communities that they had accidentally unleashed toxic waste water from a Colorado gold mine, according to government documents released Thursday.
- Theater shooter gets life; death would have been uncertain Updated: Aug-08-15 12:04 am
CENTENNIAL, Colorado - The life sentence delivered by a divided jury to Colorado theater shooter James Holmes averts an uncertain path to execution in a state that has put only one man to death in nearly a half-century.
- Reaction to Colorado theater shooting sentence Updated: Aug-07-15 9:47 pm
CENTENNIAL, Colorado - A Colorado jury on Friday sentenced 27-year-old James Holmes to life in prison without the possibility of parole for killing 12 people and injuring 70 others in a suburban Denver movie theater in 2012.
- Democratic governors share lessons learned from shootings Updated: Aug-02-15 4:44 pm
ASPEN, Colorado - Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper and Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon shared their thoughts Saturday at a conference in Aspen on shooting tragedies that have dominated their time in office, including the fatal shooting of a black man by a white police officer in Ferguson, Missouri, and the James Holmes' theater shootings in Aurora.
- Pot industry's bank bid rejected by federal regulators Updated: Jul-31-15 5:37 pm
DENVER - A Colorado credit union is hoping a federal judge will intervene to let the booming marijuana industry move its finances from cash-stuffed suitcases to the regulated banking system.