- The Latest: Exaggerator wins Preakness Updated: May-21-16 7:05 pm
BALTIMORE - The Latest on the 141st running of the Preakness Stakes at Pimlico Race Course (all times local):
- Trainer Bob Baffert wins 2 stakes on Preakness undercard Updated: May-21-16 6:46 pm
BALTIMORE - Hall of Fame trainer Bob Baffert won a pair of 3-year-old stakes on the Preakness undercard Saturday at rainy and foggy Pimlico.
- Preakness 2016: Everyone loves Nyquist, even his rivals Updated: May-20-16 8:20 am
BALTIMORE - Everyone loves Nyquist.
- Sizing up the field for the 141st running of Preakness Updated: May-19-16 2:19 pm
BALTIMORE - A look at the field for the 141st running of the Preakness Stakes at Pimlico Race Course on Saturday (horses listed by post position, with trainer, jockey, analysis, morning-line odds):
- Derby winner Nyquist draws No. 3 post as Preakness favorite Updated: May-18-16 6:56 pm
BALTIMORE - Doug O'Neill couldn't have done any better if he picked Nyquist's post position himself.
- Bob Baffert looks for Preakness upset with Collected Updated: May-18-16 1:33 pm
BALTIMORE - Hall of Fame trainer Bob Baffert hopes Collected will deliver more than another "opening act" in the Preakness on Saturday at Pimlico.
- Preakness 2016: How well do you know its history? Updated: May-17-16 2:30 am
BALTIMORE - How well do you know the history of the Preakness? Try this quiz:
- No Triple Crown bump for Kentucky Derby in TV ratings Updated: May-10-16 3:31 pm
NEW YORK - There were high hopes that the popularity of horse racing would be energized a year after American Pharoah won the Triple Crown.
- Derby winner Nyquist heads to Preakness; new rivals await Updated: May-08-16 5:38 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Kentucky Derby winner Nyquist heads to Baltimore on Monday to prepare for the Preakness, where the undefeated colt could face up to 13 rivals including nine new shooters seeking to derail his Triple Crown bid.
- The Latest: Nyquist sweeps to Derby to stay unbeaten Updated: May-07-16 7:06 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The Latest from the 142th running of the Kentucky Derby from Churchill Downs. (all times local):
- Nyquist tries to follow American Pharoah at Kentucky Derby Updated: May-07-16 8:50 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Go ahead and pity Kentucky Derby favorite Nyquist. He has the unenviable task of following in the hoof prints of Triple Crown champion American Pharoah, and so far isn't getting the respect expected for the only undefeated horse in the race.
- DERBY 2016: Some dramatic finishes in the Run for the Roses Updated: May-07-16 3:27 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Picking the most dramatic finishes in the Kentucky Derby is all but impossible. Arguably, each of the 141 editions has a remarkable ending, and Saturday's should be no different.
- Triple Crown winner thriving in new home at Ashford Stud Updated: May-06-16 3:49 pm
VERSAILLES, Kentucky - American Pharoah is led out of his stone palace of a barn, head up, eyes alert, a little heavier these days but still pretty well sculpted. In a few minutes, the champion will be walked over to the breeding shed, a mere 50 yards away. By now, the Triple Crown winner has the routine down pat.
- Baffert returns to Kentucky Derby with under the radar horse Updated: May-05-16 5:22 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Bob Baffert feels under the radar with his latest horse at the Kentucky Derby. All anyone wants to talk about is American Pharoah, last year's winner who went on to become the sport's first Triple Crown champion in 37 years.
- Todd Pletcher sends out 2 horses in quest for 2nd Derby win Updated: May-05-16 3:52 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Todd Pletcher, Bob Baffert and Doug O'Neill are the only trainers in this year's Kentucky Derby with previous victories in the race.
- Repole in Derby chase with Outwork, son of top sire Uncle Mo Updated: May-05-16 8:55 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Five years ago, Mike Repole was living the dream. He had already made his share of an estimated $4.1 billion fortune from the sale of the company that produced Vitaminwater, and now he had himself a Kentucky Derby favorite with a horse named Uncle Mo.
- Derby Kids hit social media Updated: May-04-16 4:18 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The offspring of several Kentucky Derby trainers are hitting social media this week to provide inside dirt on their fathers' horses.
- 22 horses entered for Kentucky Derby; field limited to 20 Updated: May-04-16 12:30 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Twenty-two horses have been entered for Saturday's Kentucky Derby, two more than the maximum field of 20.
- Gun Runner, Mor Spirit and Creator get in final Derby work Updated: May-02-16 2:04 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A day after storms drenched Churchill Downs, Kentucky Derby horses Mor Spirit, Gun Runner and stablemate Creator enjoyed sunny skies and solid footing in their final workouts for racing's marquee event.
- Dream Team keeps it in Baffert family with Los Alamitos win Updated: May-01-16 9:32 pm
LOS ALAMITOS, California - Dream Team won the $48,691 feature by 3 1/4 lengths for trainer Bob Baffert on closing day of the 12-day spring meet at Los Alamitos on Sunday.
- Toews On Ice wins William Walker by 2 lengths at Churchill Updated: Apr-30-16 9:52 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Toews On Ice took command at the top of the stretch and went on to a two-length victory over Entertainer in the $100,000 William Walker for 3-year-olds on a rainy opening night of the spring meet at Churchill Downs on Saturday.