- Yankees activate 1B Mark Teixeira from DL, cut Ike Davis Updated: Jun-25-16 12:33 pm
NEW YORK - First baseman Mark Teixeira has been activated from the 15-day disabled list and is in the New York Yankees' lineup against the Minnesota Twins.
- Betances, Miller, Chapman perfect again, Yanks top Twins 5-3 Updated: Jun-25-16 8:25 am
NEW YORK - Aroldis Chapman reared back and fired strike after strike at the Minnesota Twins.
- Castro's walkoff homer leads Yankees to 9-8 win over Rockies Updated: Jun-22-16 11:50 pm
NEW YORK - Starlin Castro had never hit a walkoff home run at any level of baseball.
- Rockies waste late 4-run lead in 9-8 loss to Yankees Updated: Jun-22-16 7:01 pm
NEW YORK - The Rockies' offense gave them the lead, and the bullpen gave it back.
- Nova, Yankees tagged by Rockies for 6th loss in 9 games Updated: Jun-22-16 12:08 am
NEW YORK - A few more games like this and Yankees general manager Brian Cashman will have his answer.
- Pregame ceremony at Yankee Stadium remembers Orlando victims Updated: Jun-21-16 11:32 pm
NEW YORK - A rainbow wreath was placed over home plate at Yankee Stadium by both managers before New York hosted the Colorado Rockies in remembrance of the shooting victims at a gay nightclub in Orlando.
- New York can't finish series sweep, falls 7-4 to Minnesota Updated: Jun-19-16 7:04 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Brian McCann did his part to help the New York Yankees accomplish something they haven't done in nearly 70 years: sweep a four-game series for the third straight time.
- Santana pitches into 8th as Twins beat Yankees 7-4 Updated: Jun-19-16 6:33 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Ervin Santana received a standing ovation from many Twins fans when he was pulled from the game in the top of the eighth inning Sunday. He waved his glove in appreciation.
- Arenado hits 20th homer, leads Rockies over Yankees 6-3 Updated: Jun-15-16 9:03 pm
DENVER - DJ LeMahieu turned what could have been a scary day into a good one for him and the Colorado Rockies.
- Davis joins Yanks in Colorado; Girardi says he'll see action Updated: Jun-14-16 7:30 pm
DENVER - Ike Davis is feeling healthy again and ready to resume his career with the New York Yankees.
- Fulmer wins 5th straight start, leads Tigers over Yankees Updated: Jun-12-16 6:24 pm
NEW YORK - On an Old-Timers' Day at Yankee Stadium filled with Hall of Famers and World Series MVPs, the youngest player on the field by far was the biggest star.
- Parmelee becomes 4th Yankees first baseman on disabled list Updated: Jun-10-16 7:37 pm
NEW YORK - Chris Parmelee is expected to miss at least a month after becoming the latest New York Yankees first baseman to get injured.
- Yankees beat Angels 6-3 for 4-game sweep, back at .500 Updated: Jun-10-16 12:15 am
NEW YORK - Getting back to .500 for only the second time since mid-April was costly for the New York Yankees.
- After rain, Orioles rally to beat Chapman and Yankees 3-1 Updated: Jun-05-16 7:36 pm
BALTIMORE - Matt Wieters was sitting around for more than five hours when Orioles manager Buck Showalter summoned him to handle an extremely difficult task: Go to plate as a pinch-hitter to face Aroldis Chapman, who regularly busts the radar gun at over 100 mph.
- Yankees 1B Teixeira goes on DL with right knee injury Updated: Jun-04-16 6:15 pm
BALTIMORE - Mark Teixeira will have to wait at least 15 days to break out of a slump that's dropped his batting average to .180.
- Sanchez wins fourth straight, Blue Jays beat Yanke Updated: Jun-01-16 11:22 pm
- Yankees' Dustin Ackley to have season-ending surgery Updated: May-31-16 6:09 pm
TORONTO - New York Yankees infielder Dustin Ackley will have season-ending surgery this week for a torn labrum in his right shoulder, manager Joe Girardi said Tuesday.
- Yankees place Ackley on 15-day DL with torn right labrum Updated: May-30-16 7:10 pm
TORONTO - New York Yankees infielder Dustin Ackley has a torn labrum in his right shoulder and may need surgery, manager Joe Girardi said Monday.
- Castro's 2-run homer only hit for Yanks in 2-1 win over Rays Updated: May-29-16 8:23 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - For the first time in a century the New York Yankees won a game with just one hit.
- Beltran has shoulder tightness; Ackley could be put on DL Updated: May-29-16 6:12 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - New York Yankees right fielder Carlos Beltran missed Sunday against the Tampa Bay Rays because of right shoulder tightness, and infielder Dustin Ackley could be headed to the disabled list.
- Happ pitches Blue Jays past Yankees, Sabathia in 3-1 win Updated: May-26-16 9:32 pm
NEW YORK - In between retiring Yankees hitters, Toronto starter J.A. Happ could appreciate the moment of dueling with CC Sabathia.