- Yankees hit 3 HRs in 8-run 2nd inning, beat Red Sox 13-8 Updated: Sep-02-15 8:02 pm
- Red Sox lose 3-1 to Yanks despite 13 strikeouts by Porcello Updated: Sep-02-15 12:09 am
BOSTON - Rick Porcello wasn't celebrating after striking out 13 in his strongest start of the season.
- Yankees strand 14 in 4-3 loss to Red Sox Updated: Sep-01-15 12:20 am
BOSTON - Didi Gregorius' fly ball was hit in the wrong ballpark.
- Yankees send injured 1B Teixeira home for more tests Updated: Aug-31-15 5:00 pm
BOSTON - The Yankees have sent first baseman Mark Teixeira back to New York for further tests on his bruised right shin.
- Yankees ride trio of 2-out HRs to 20-6 runaway over Braves Updated: Aug-30-15 7:54 pm
ATLANTA - New York Yankees manager Joe Girardi says baseball "has a way of evening out."
- Braves' woes continue in 'demoralizing' 20-6 loss to Yankees Updated: Aug-30-15 7:47 pm
ATLANTA - A Braves team that was at .500 through 84 games has since been in a downward slide that gained speed with three straight losses to the Yankees.
- Astros top last year's win total, beat Yankees 6-2 Updated: Aug-26-15 9:01 pm
NEW YORK - A green laser beam bounced around a fog-filled clubhouse, music blared from all corners of the darkened room. It's a postgame party that's becoming commonplace with these Houston Astros.
- Teixeira back in Yankees' lineup; Sabathia eyes 2015 return Updated: Aug-25-15 6:59 pm
NEW YORK - Mark Teixeira was back in the New York Yankees' lineup Tuesday night after missing seven games with a bruised right shin.
- Yanks place CC Sabathia on DL, knee injury could end season Updated: Aug-24-15 8:21 pm
NEW YORK - CC Sabathia has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with right knee inflammation that could end his season.
- Yankees LHP Sabathia exits game with right knee pain Updated: Aug-23-15 8:03 pm
NEW YORK - New York Yankees left-hander CC Sabathia exited in the third inning Sunday with right knee pain and could be headed for the disabled list.
- Lindor homers, Sabathia hurt as Indians beat Yankees 4-3 Updated: Aug-23-15 7:04 pm
NEW YORK - Growing up in Puerto Rico, Francisco Lindor knew a lot of New York Yankees' fans, so he rooted for the Boston Red Sox.
- Yankees honor Pettitte by retiring his No. 46 Updated: Aug-23-15 3:42 pm
NEW YORK - Andy Pettitte would often glare down opposing hitters from the mound, his hat pulled tightly over his forehead and his glove shielding his face from the batter, so only his eyes were visible to those watching the tall lefty from Texas.
- Yankees retire Posada's No. 20 in Monument Park Updated: Aug-22-15 5:43 pm
NEW YORK - The Yankees most recent championship teams were built around a group of players that came to be known as the "Core Four." There was the suave leader Derek Jeter, the homespun starter Andy Pettitte and the classy closer Mariano Rivera.
- Bird has 2, 2-run HRs for Yankees in in 4-3 win over Twins Updated: Aug-19-15 5:59 pm
NEW YORK - Greg Bird shrugged his shoulders a few times, gave a bashful smile or two and talked about how he's just honored to be helping his Yankees teammates. Nothing seemed to faze this 22-year-old rookie.
- A-Rod hits grand slam to rally Yankees over Twins, 8-4 Updated: Aug-19-15 12:18 am
NEW YORK - Before the season began, beleaguered slugger Alex Rodriguez thought the days of being adored by Yankees fans were over.
- Victim's son throws out 1st pitch at Yankee Stadium Updated: Aug-17-15 8:47 pm
NEW YORK - Chris Singleton took a huge swing and watched the ball sail high into the first row of seats in left at Yankee Stadium, drawing loud whoops and fist bumps from a bunch of big leaguers around the batting cage.
- Red Sox manager Farrell says he has 'highly curable' cancer Updated: Aug-14-15 9:52 pm
BOSTON - Fighting back tears, Boston Red Sox manager John Farrell said Friday that he had a "highly curable" form of cancer and has taken a medical leave for the rest of the season to deal with lymphoma.
- Blue Jays win 8th straight, sweep Yankees 2-0 to close in Updated: Aug-09-15 7:22 pm
- Fan throws back homer ball at Yankee Stadium, hits NY player Updated: Aug-09-15 6:01 pm
NEW YORK - A teenage fan at Yankee Stadium showed off quite an arm Sunday - at the expense of All-Star outfielder Brett Gardner.
- Ellsbury, Sabathia lead Yankees to 2-1 win over Red Sox Updated: Aug-06-15 11:53 pm
NEW YORK - Sweat was streaming down CC Sabathia's face to the point where he said he couldn't see. He stomped around the mound, shouted and swore encouragement to himself.