- Yankees, a team in transition, feel downbeat and yet hopeful Updated: Oct-07-15 6:17 pm
NEW YORK - The quartet leaned against the dugout railing with uniformly glum expressions during the ninth inning, Masahiro Tanaka and Dellin Betances crossing their arms, Brett Gardner dangling his over a railing and Chris Young resting his chin on a hand.
- Yanks still have not led playoff game since Jeter got hurt Updated: Oct-07-15 1:31 am
NEW YORK - The Yankees still have not led in a postseason game since Derek Jeter sprawled in the dirt three years ago, screaming in pain from a broken ankle.
- Ellsbury, Yanks' $153M man, doesn't start in playoff loss Updated: Oct-07-15 1:14 am
NEW YORK - Jacoby Ellsbury sat the bench for most of his first postseason game after signing a $153 million contract with the New York Yankees. When he finally got in, he saw three pitches at the plate and one inning in center field.
- Keuchel sharp, Astros beat Yankees 3-0 in AL wild-card game Updated: Oct-07-15 1:08 am
NEW YORK - A year ago, no one could've pictured this. Yet here they were, Dallas Keuchel and the Houston Astros, soaking in champagne, merrily posing for a victory shot on the mound at Yankee Stadium.
- Beer banner draws attention as Yanks discuss Sabathia rehab Updated: Oct-05-15 8:43 pm
NEW YORK - CC Sabathia's alcohol problem drew attention at Yankee Stadium. So did the backdrop at Monday's news conference - a banner with several beer logos.
- CC Sabathia to enter alcohol rehab center, miss playoffs Updated: Oct-05-15 7:49 pm
NEW YORK - CC Sabathia walked into manager Joe Girardi's office in Baltimore on Sunday and made a stunning admission: He has an alcohol problem.
- Diamondbacks fire pitching coach Mike Harkey Updated: Oct-05-15 2:55 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona Diamondbacks have fired pitching coach Mike Harkey.
- Close calls in Cy Young races; Harper, Donaldson for MVP Updated: Oct-05-15 8:13 am
NEW YORK - Here's how stacked the NL Cy Young race is: Max Scherzer struck out 276 batters with a 2.79 ERA and became the first major leaguer in 42 years to throw two no-hitters in one season.
- Yanks still chasing home-field edge after 9-2 loss to O's Updated: Oct-03-15 3:46 pm
BALTIMORE - Yankees starter Ivan Nova allowed five runs in another shaky outing and New York failed to wrap up home field for the AL wild-card game, losing 9-2 to the Baltimore Orioles on Saturday in the opener of a split-doubleheader.
- Yankees-Orioles game called by rain; will play 2 on Saturday Updated: Oct-02-15 6:28 pm
BALTIMORE - The New York Yankees might have a busy weekend before getting a one-day break ahead of the playoffs.
- Yankees clinch playoff spot after 2-year absence, top Boston Updated: Oct-02-15 3:13 pm
NEW YORK - CC Sabathia stood near his locker in the back of the oval Yankees clubhouse while excited teammates celebrated New York's return to the postseason.
- Yogi Berra remembered at funeral by family, sports royalty Updated: Sep-29-15 8:51 pm
MONTCLAIR, New Jersey - A gold catcher's mitt was placed on top of his remains. But on a day filled with stories from a lifetime in baseball, Yogi Berra was remembered for being more than one of the game's greats.
- Severino leads Yankees to win over White Sox Updated: Sep-27-15 6:09 pm
NEW YORK - Dustin Ackley was a surprise trade-deadline acquisition by New York, arriving in a season-long slump with few credentials to support the early hype of a No. 2 overall draft pick. Then he got hurt.
- White Sox eliminated with 2-1 loss to Yankees Updated: Sep-26-15 9:51 pm
NEW YORK - The Chicago White Sox have been over .500 for just one day this season, when they were 18-17 in mid-May. It has been clear for weeks that they would not reach the playoffs, so there was little suspense when they were mathematically eliminated Saturday with a 2-1 loss to the New York Yankees.
- Robertson returns to Stadium mound and saves White Sox win Updated: Sep-26-15 12:56 am
NEW YORK - The last time David Robertson came out of the Yankee Stadium bullpen, it was exactly a year ago and he was wearing pinstripes.
- Yankees' Tanaka throws bullpen, could return next week Updated: Sep-25-15 6:55 pm
NEW YORK - Masahiro Tanaka threw 31 pitches in a bullpen session Friday, and the New York Yankees right-hander said he thinks he can return to the rotation this season despite a strained right hamstring.
- A wonderful life: Berra's family, Yankees honor Yogi Updated: Sep-24-15 8:37 pm
NEW YORK - Bill Spahr tapped the bronze Yogi Berra plaque in Monument Park with his hand, nodded his head in tribute and recalled the day he once talked to the Yankees great for 15 minutes at an airport.
- Hopes for East crown take a hit as Yankees lose 4-0 to Jays Updated: Sep-23-15 11:32 pm
- Stroman strong as Martin's HR leads Jays past Yankees 4-0 Updated: Sep-23-15 10:40 pm
- Blue Jays lose 6-4 to Yankees; AL East lead shrinks to 2 1/2 Updated: Sep-23-15 12:46 am
TORONTO - When his team is playing at home, Blue Jays manager John Gibbons understands long balls can hurt just as much as they help.
- Eovaldi still too sore to resume throwing Updated: Sep-21-15 5:52 pm
TORONTO - Yankees right-hander Nathan Eovaldi still has inflammation in his sore right elbow and won't be able to resume throwing until next week, manager Joe Girardi said Monday.
- Harvey pulled after 5, Mets fall apart in 11-2 loss to Yanks Updated: Sep-21-15 2:33 am
NEW YORK - Managing innings for Matt Harvey plus an entire team in a pennant race is becoming quite a headache for Terry Collins.
- Yanks take advantage of Harvey's exit, rout sloppy Mets 11-2 Updated: Sep-21-15 2:26 am
NEW YORK - There's certainly one New York team elated about the limit on Matt Harvey's innings - and it's not the first-place Mets.
- A-Rod at 1st base: Rust allowed to sleep Updated: Sep-19-15 6:44 pm
- Yankees no match for Matz in Subway Series opener loss Updated: Sep-19-15 12:31 am
NEW YORK - A Yankees lineup missing Alex Rodriguez, Brian McCann and Jacoby Ellsbury was little match for rookie Steven Matz and the stingy Mets pitching staff.