- Kenya: Photos of police violence spark international outrage Updated: May-17-16 5:20 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Widely viewed pictures and video of a protester being kicked by Kenyan riot police as he lay on the ground have caused a stir in this East Africa country, prompting debate on police brutality and civil rights.
- Kenya: Police fire tear gas, make arrests during protests Updated: May-16-16 11:21 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenyan police fired tear gas on Monday to break up demonstrations urging electoral reforms ahead of general elections next year.
- Kenya: Police disperse protests against electoral commission Updated: May-09-16 2:32 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenyan police on Monday tear-gassed Kenya's main opposition leaders and hundreds of their supporters who were demanding the dissolution of the electoral authority because of alleged bias and corruption.
- Kenya: Gov't critic killed; opposition blames government Updated: May-06-16 7:56 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - An opposition leader says a businessman who was critical of President Uhuru Kenyatta's government was shot dead as he drove home.
- Western countries urge Kenya to take steps for smooth polls Updated: May-04-16 1:32 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenyan voters must have confidence that the electoral commission and judiciary are impartial and efficient ahead of polls next year, 11 diplomats from western countries said Wednesday.
- Kenya: Former first lady dies in London hospital Updated: Apr-26-16 10:59 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - Former Kenyan first lady Lucy Kibaki, prominent for charities and her quick temper, died Tuesday.