- IndyCar mandates closure panels to keep cars on the ground Updated: Jun-02-15 8:23 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - IndyCar is mandating the use of closure panels on the rear wheel guards for the remaining three superspeedway races. Tuesday's action is in response to three cars going airborne during preparation for the Indianapolis 500.
- Bourdais earns first IndyCar win of season Updated: May-31-15 8:02 pm
DETROIT - The first caution period began about midway through the race.
- Will Power poised to make 100th start for Team Penske Updated: May-27-15 5:36 pm
Will Power heads to Detroit this weekend poised to make his 100th start for Team Penske.
- Montoya earns $2.4 million for Indy 500 win Updated: May-25-15 11:02 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Juan Pablo Montoya was all smiles at the victory banquet Monday night where he celebrated his second Indy 500 win in three tries.
- Colombia revels in Indy 500 result, Chevrolet rules the day Updated: May-25-15 2:41 am
INDIANAPOLIS - There were surely some parties in Colombia this weekend.
- Juan's World! Montoya beats Power for second Indy 500 win Updated: May-24-15 6:45 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - His career at a crossroads, his confidence shot, Juan Pablo Montoya received a lifeline from The Captain.
- Dixon loses speed late and fades to 4th in Indianapolis 500 Updated: May-24-15 6:21 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Scott Dixon had his second Indianapolis 500 victory in sight and a powerful Chevrolet that led him to believe he could park it in victory lane.
- Indianapolis 500 drivers manage to keep cars on ground Updated: May-24-15 6:15 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Derrick Walker looked and sounded relieved after Sunday's Indianapolis 500.
- Rahal leads Honda with fifth place finish in Indy 500 Updated: May-24-15 5:27 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Graham Rahal had the best spot possible to watch rival teams Penske Racing and Chip Ganassi Racing in a dramatic duel for victory in the Indianapolis 500.
- The Latest: Lewis Hamilton rolling toward Monaco GP win Updated: May-24-15 9:18 am
The Associated Press covers the biggest day in motorsports, from Formula One's Monaco Grand Prix to the Indianapolis 500 and NASCAR's Coca-Cola 600. The latest from the tracks:
- Hunter-Reay forgotten champion as Indianapolis 500 looms Updated: May-23-15 11:32 am
- Indianapolis 500 finds women drivers in short supply Updated: May-23-15 2:59 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Pippa Mann rattled off the list of body parts still aching after a brutal crash at Indianapolis 500 practice.
- IndyCar's Walker survives tough week with endless questions Updated: May-22-15 4:18 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - As Derrick Walker strolled through the Indianapolis Motor Speedway garages one day this week, he was stopped by an old friend.
- Honda driver Rahal says Chevrolet has 'huge advantage' Updated: May-21-15 6:45 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Graham Rahal knows which manufacturer is the one to beat in the Indianapolis 500 - and it's not his own.
- Indy 500 veteran Ryan Briscoe replaces injured Hinchcliffe Updated: May-21-15 4:48 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Ryan Briscoe was home in Connecticut, getting ready to leave for France next week for the 24 Hours of Le Mans, when he received a call he had been anticipating.
- Rugged month has Castroneves eager to chase 4th Indy win Updated: May-20-15 5:41 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The specks of gray in Helio Castroneves' jet black hair tell one part of his legacy.
- Drivers back IndyCar, wreck concerns remain for Indy 500 Updated: May-19-15 6:30 pm
DETROIT - Looking no worse for wear a couple days after his car flipped through the air at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Ed Carpenter sized up next weekend's big race.
- Scary crashes prompt series to slow down Indy 500 qualifying Updated: May-18-15 2:24 am
INDIANAPOLIS - IndyCar officials slammed the brakes on significantly higher speeds at Indianapolis 500 qualifying.
- Qualifying delayed after Carpenter's crash Updated: May-17-15 8:15 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - IndyCar officials chose safety over speed Sunday.
- Dixon claims Indy 500 pole, breaks up Penske monopoly Updated: May-17-15 7:51 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - One minute, Scott Dixon thought the numbers were a mistake.
- Scary crashes can be harsh reminders about Indy's danger Updated: May-16-15 2:18 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Josef Newgarden never experienced a scarier ride than this week at Indianapolis.
- Pagenaud posts best lap on Fast Friday at Indianapolis Updated: May-15-15 8:03 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Simon Pagenaud was the fastest driver Friday at Indianapolis.
- Newgarden flips car in Indianapolis 500 practice Updated: May-14-15 8:00 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Three big crashes in Indianapolis 500 practice this week have raised one big question. Are the new oval aero kits, along with speeds that have topped 230 mph, the cause?
- Castroneves walks away from scary crash at Indy 500 practice Updated: May-13-15 7:53 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Helio Castroneves started Wednesday's practice session by flipping through the air in a scary crash.
- Rising tide of American drivers has given IndyCar new look Updated: May-13-15 7:42 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Graham Rahal understands there's a world of possibilities for him in IndyCar racing.