- Amari Cooper's big season with Raiders slowed by drops Updated: Nov-25-15 7:00 pm
ALAMEDA, California - When he was drafted in the first round by the Oakland Raiders more than five months ago, the book on Amari Cooper was that he ran pass patterns like a seasoned veteran, understood pro-style offenses and had the best hands of any wide receiver coming out of college.
- Raiders losing streak dampens playoff talk Updated: Nov-24-15 6:44 pm
ALAMEDA, California - Earlier this month, Oakland Raiders safety Charles Woodson wanted his teammates to embrace the idea of talking about the playoffs.
- Del Rio's concerns go beyond non-challenge for Raiders Updated: Nov-23-15 9:38 pm
ALAMEDA, California - Oakland coach Jack Del Rio defended his decision not to challenge a play that might have helped sustain a drive by the Raiders' sputtering offense in the second quarter of Sunday's loss to the Detroit Lions.
- Detroit's defense steps up, leads Lions over Raiders 18-13 Updated: Nov-23-15 3:42 am
DETROIT - Ziggy Ansah rushed toward the inside, was held up by Donald Penn's right arm, fell to the ground and immediately began signaling for a safety.
- Latest from the NFL: Packers snap three-game skid Updated: Nov-22-15 8:00 pm
The latest from NFL games around the league on the 11th Sunday of the season (all times EST):
- Punchless Raiders drop 3rd straight, 18-13 to Lions Updated: Nov-22-15 6:28 pm
DETROIT - Derek Carr and the Oakland Raiders are falling behind in a forgiving race for an AFC playoff spot.
- Stafford's go-ahead TD run helps Lions beat Raiders 18-13 Updated: Nov-22-15 5:47 pm
DETROIT - Matthew Stafford's toenail on his right, big toe was black and blue.
- Lions hungry to keep winning after earning rare victory Updated: Nov-18-15 7:08 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - After getting a rare victory, the Detroit Lions are eager to celebrate some more success.
- Old man CB Terence Newman excelling for Minnesota Vikings Updated: Nov-18-15 5:47 pm
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota - In their short partnership together in Minnesota, Vikings coach Mike Zimmer and general manager Rick Spielman have forged a compromise of sorts when it comes to assembling the team's roster.
- Raiders linebacker Aldon Smith suspended a year Updated: Nov-17-15 11:42 pm
ALAMEDA, California - Oakland Raiders linebacker Aldon Smith was suspended Tuesday by the NFL for one calendar year because of violations of the league's substance-abuse policy.
- Peterson helps Vikings run past Raiders 30-14 Updated: Nov-16-15 4:32 am
OAKLAND, California - A game billed as a matchup between emerging second-year quarterbacks Teddy Bridgewater and Derek Carr was overshadowed by a more established star.
- Peterson helps Vikings run past Raiders 30-14 Updated: Nov-16-15 12:24 am
OAKLAND, California - Two months after leaving the Bay Area stung by a lopsided season-opening loss, the Minnesota Vikings head home from their second trip to the West Coast in a much happier spot.
- Clarification: Titans-Mariota story Updated: Nov-12-15 12:05 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - In a story Nov. 11, The Associated Press reported this will be Mariota's third Heisman pairing in the rookie's first seven NFL games after playing Jameis Winston and Johnny Manziel. This will be Mariota's third Heisman pairing of quarterbacks in the rookie's first seven NFL games after playing Jameis Winston and Johnny Manziel. Mariota also played a fourth Heisman winner in Saints running back Mark Ingram. A clarified version of the story is below.
- Raiders offense faces tough test with injuries, Vikings Updated: Nov-11-15 8:31 pm
ALAMEDA, California - Since returning from the bye, the Oakland Raiders offense has been on a run this team hasn't seen in 20 years.
- Steelers looking for consistency on defense Updated: Nov-11-15 6:03 pm
PITTSBURGH - Cam Heyward didn't sound like a proud new father or a guy whose team was fresh off a last-second win.
- Broncos again rule AFC West, rest of division topsy-turvy Updated: Nov-11-15 3:05 pm
- Roethlisberger hurt, Brown shines as Steelers escape Raiders Updated: Nov-09-15 2:33 am
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Steelers injury list has grown so long this season, guard Ramon Foster joked the football gods must be ticked at his team.
- Steelers beat Raiders 38-35 but lose Roethlisberger Updated: Nov-08-15 6:54 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Steelers keep insisting they can absorb the endless string of injuries to their most vital parts, that they have the depth necessary to push for a playoff spot no matter who is - or isn't - in the lineup.
- The best defenses in the NFL these days can bring the blitz Updated: Nov-06-15 2:17 am
With sleek and sophisticated offenses, cunning and confident quarterbacks and recent rule changes designed for player safety, defense in the NFL has never been more difficult.
- Taiwan Jones finds a home in Raiders backfield Updated: Nov-05-15 6:35 pm
ALAMEDA, California - Oakland running back Taiwan Jones is in a good place these days, both from a mental standpoint and his role in the Raiders offense.
- Bowles says Jets had some 'loafs' on defense Updated: Nov-04-15 8:02 pm
FLORHAM PARK, New Jersey - Disgusting. Flat. And, now, loafing.
- Crabtree finds comfort, redemption with Raiders Updated: Nov-04-15 6:55 pm
ALAMEDA, California - Michael Crabtree's resurrection in Oakland this season has caught many people around the NFL by surprise, particularly given the way the wide receiver's final two years with San Francisco went.
- David Harris says film of Jets' defense was 'disgusting' Updated: Nov-02-15 6:55 pm
NEW YORK - David Harris gave two thumbs down - and a scathing review - to the film of the New York Jets' suddenly struggling defense.
- Playoffs? Why not, say the rapidly improving Raiders Updated: Nov-02-15 6:53 pm
ALAMEDA, California - Charles Woodson was sick of hearing the talk about how the Oakland Raiders were finally competitive again after years of being overmatched.
- Carr throws 4 TD passes to lead Raiders past Jets 34-20 Updated: Nov-02-15 2:16 am
OAKLAND, California - Charles Woodson came down with the interception and immediately celebrated with his adoring fans.