- Chacin wins duel with Verlander, Angels top Tigers 5-1 Updated: May-31-16 1:09 am
ANAHEIM, California - Over the first 4 1/2 innings at Angel Stadium, Jhoulys Chacin and Justin Verlander retired all 27 batters they faced. They kept trading zeros deep into the eighth inning of a scintillating pitchers' duel.
- Angels strand 14 on maddening day, lose 8-6 to Astros in 13 Updated: May-29-16 10:06 pm
ANAHEIM, California - The Los Angeles Angels played their longest game of the year by many measures Sunday, from innings and clock time to their complete, compounded frustration at the plate.
- Correa's HR in 13th puts Astros past Angels 8-6 Updated: May-29-16 9:31 pm
- Warriors could join list of teams that flopped in playoffs Updated: May-25-16 4:28 pm
Despite finishing the regular season with a record-breaking 73 wins, the Golden State Warriors find themselves one game away from playoff elimination. Down 3-1 against the Oklahoma City Thunder in the Western Conference finals after a 118-94 road loss Tuesday night, the defending NBA champions will have to win three straight games to advance. Golden State would join a list of dominant regular season teams that were eliminated without reaching the finals. Teams like the undefeated 2007 Patriots, who lost after advancing to the Super Bowl, were not included.
- Rangers encouraged by Holland's outing in 2-0 loss to Angels Updated: May-24-16 1:06 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Derek Holland was encouraged after one of his best outings of the season. The Rangers were even happier that they'll get their former ace, Yu Darvish, on the mound Saturday.
- Perez's 5 RBIs help Weaver and Angels top Orioles 10-2 Updated: May-22-16 7:45 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Jered Weaver didn't throw a pitch faster than 85 mph Sunday.
- Kershaw strikes out 11 in Dodgers' 5-1 win over Angels Updated: May-18-16 1:34 am
LOS ANGELES - Playing behind Clayton Kershaw can get a little dull when the Dodgers' ace is mowing down the opposition, something he does a lot lately.
- Santiago, Angels complete sweep of Mariners with 3-0 win Updated: May-15-16 8:23 pm
SEATTLE - The Los Angeles Angels are not in a position to be picky about the ways they pulled off an unlikely three-game sweep.
- Angels' rally falls short as Cardinals complete sweep Updated: May-13-16 3:31 am
ANAHEIM, California - The Los Angeles Angels have fallen so far, they've now been reduced to seeking moral victories.
- Holliday homers twice, Cardinals complete sweep of Angels Updated: May-13-16 3:26 am
ANAHEIM, California - The St. Louis Cardinals couldn't touch Jered Weaver and his low-80s fastball the first time through the order Thursday night.
- Andriese, Miller lead Rays to sweep of Angels with 3-1 win Updated: May-08-16 7:42 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Matt Andriese made his season debut for the Tampa Bay Rays on Mother's Day. His mother, Lynn, was in the stands watching him pitch in the big leagues for the first time.