- Obama uses light moment with rapper to espouse free speech Updated: May-25-16 11:58 am
HO CHI MINH CITY, Vietnam - President Barack Obama's parting shot before leaving communist Vietnam: let people express themselves.
- China says better US-Vietnam ties must not threaten Beijing Updated: May-24-16 10:24 am
BEIJING - Improved relations between the U.S. and Vietnam must not lead to greater pressure on China or threats to its interests, an official Chinese newspaper said Tuesday.
- Vietnam votes for rubber-stamp assembly before Obama visit Updated: May-22-16 11:05 am
HANOI, Vietnam - Just hours before President Barack Obama's first visit to Vietnam, the country voted Sunday in once-every-five-year elections for a rubber-stamp parliament whose membership has already been largely determined by the Communist Party.
- Complex US politics of trade will follow Obama to Asia Updated: May-18-16 12:24 pm
WASHINGTON - When Republican Donald Trump complains about unfair trade partners, he often singles out Vietnam - "hot as a pistol right now" and "the new one just killing us."
- Japan announces $7 billion plan to develop Mekong region Updated: May-02-16 5:41 am
BANGKOK - Japan's foreign minister announced a $7 billion initiative Monday to promote development in Southeast Asia's Mekong region, which encompasses parts of Vietnam, Laos and Thailand through which the river flows.