- IG: IRS failed to upgrade security ahead of cyberattack Updated: Jun-02-15 3:49 pm
WASHINGTON - The IRS failed to implement dozens of security upgrades to its computer systems, some of which could have made it more difficult for hackers to use an IRS website to steal tax information from 104,000 taxpayers, a government investigator told Congress Tuesday.
- House panel votes to repeal health law's medical device tax Updated: Jun-02-15 3:29 pm
WASHINGTON - A Republican-run House committee voted Tuesday to repeal a 2.3 percent tax on many medical devices that helps pay for President Barack Obama's health care overhaul.
- Senators sing blues over impasse; GOP hopefuls stuck in DC Updated: May-22-15 10:13 pm
WASHINGTON - Two senators have a plane to catch to Cuba, others were hoping to impress Republican presidential primary voters and then there's Sen. Lamar Alexander, who is slated to deliver a sunset piano performance of "Ol' Man River" on the banks of the Mississippi.
- Jill Parrish confirmed as new federal judge in Utah Updated: May-22-15 10:44 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah Supreme Court Justice Jill Parrish has been confirmed as a federal judge for the state district.
- House GOP plans 2-month extension of highway funds Updated: May-15-15 6:37 pm
WASHINGTON - House Republicans introduced a two-month extension of the federal highway and mass transit program Friday, barely two weeks before the government's authority to help finance projects around the country expires.
- Wyden zips among issues, colleagues, re-election bid Updated: May-15-15 8:53 am
WASHINGTON - Running flat out for a new term at home and tiptoeing through tough issues in the Capitol, Ron Wyden brags that he's "different, like Oregon."
- Senate agrees to open debate on Obama's trade agenda Updated: May-13-15 5:10 pm
WASHINGTON - Senators reached a deal Wednesday to move forward on President Barack Obama's trade agenda only one day after Democrats embarrassed him by blocking it.
- Capitol Hill Buzz: Obama sends handwritten note to McConnell Updated: May-11-15 10:01 am
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama sent Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell a handwritten note thanking the Republican for backing Loretta Lynch as attorney general.
- Report: 1,580 IRS workers evaded taxes over 10-year period Updated: May-06-15 5:31 pm
WASHINGTON - Nearly 1,600 IRS workers were found to have willfully evaded taxes over a 10-year period, including some who were responsible for enforcing the nation's tax laws, a government watchdog said Wednesday.