- Bipartisan agreement on bill to rework No Child Left Behind Updated: Nov-20-15 4:22 am
WASHINGTON - The Bush-era No Child Left Behind education law has long been criticized as unworkable, too punitive and in need of repair. After years of trying, Congress is finally on the verge of rewriting the 2002 law.
- Congress finally close to vote on new education law Updated: Nov-19-15 8:31 pm
WASHINGTON - Congress is finally close to a vote to rewrite the outdated and highly criticized No Child Left Behind education law.
- Crowd gathers at Hanford B Reactor as national park created Updated: Nov-12-15 8:50 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - Hundreds of people gathered Thursday inside the historic B Reactor on the Hanford Nuclear Reservation to mark the creation of the Manhattan Project National Historic Park.
- Hundreds gather at Hanford's B Reactor Updated: Nov-12-15 3:53 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - Hundreds of people gathered inside the historic B Reactor on the Hanford Nuclear Reservation to mark the creation of the Manhattan Project National Historic Park.
- Analysis: Cut, cut, cower - Lawmakers back down to uproar Updated: Nov-10-15 2:07 pm
WASHINGTON - House Speaker Paul Ryan promises a big, bold agenda and says lawmakers won't shy from difficult choices. But several recent votes demonstrate Congress' continuing penchant for small ball and timidity - and the tendency of lawmakers to reverse course at the first tingle of political pain.