- GOP Sen. Corker acknowledges momentum for Iran deal Updated: Aug-25-15 5:24 pm
WASHINGTON - A key Republican committee chairman acknowledged Tuesday that the White House lobbying campaign for the Iran nuclear deal has generated results, and said he doesn't know if opponents of the deal can prevail.
- A look at where Senate Democrats stand on the Iran deal Updated: Aug-25-15 2:14 pm
Congress will vote next month on a resolution to disapprove of the White House-backed nuclear deal struck with Iran by the U.S., Russia, China, Britain, France and Germany. The deal aims to dismantle Iran's nuclear capabilities in exchange for billions in international sanctions relief.
- Obama weighs requiring paid sick leave for gov't contractors Updated: Aug-05-15 7:36 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama is considering signing an executive order requiring all federal contractors to offer paid sick leave to their employees, two individuals familiar with the deliberations said Wednesday.
- Sen. Warren seeks review of military student loan law Updated: Aug-05-15 6:25 pm
BOSTON - U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren is seeking a fresh examination of a student loan law aimed at providing consumer protections to active members of the military.
- Meeting unions, Clinton offers support for $12 minimum wage Updated: Jul-30-15 4:20 pm
SILVER SPRING, Maryland - Hillary Rodham Clinton on Thursday offered some support for a proposal in the Senate that would raise the federal minimum wage to $12 an hour, hinting that the higher rate sought by labor unions doesn't have enough support.
- Committee picked to help pick federal judges in Seattle Updated: Jul-29-15 3:04 pm
SEATTLE - A bipartisan committee will help select candidates for federal judgeships in Seattle.