- Republican Senate candidate says he won't vote for Trump Updated: May-05-16 7:30 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - The Republican candidate for U.S. Senate in Washington state said Thursday that he does not support Donald Trump as his party's presumed presidential nominee, and won't vote for president in November unless a conservative third-party alternative comes forward.
- Obama wants $1.9B to fight Zika: Where does it stand? Updated: Apr-28-16 6:36 am
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's $1.9 billion request for emergency money to combat the Zika virus has been sitting before Congress for more than two months, and there's no obvious path forward despite a growing threat in the hot summer months and increasing public anxiety.
- Top Senate Republican: Zika funding to get floor vote Updated: Apr-21-16 5:54 pm
WASHINGTON - A bipartisan measure to partially fund President Barack Obama's $1.9 billion request to combat the Zika virus will soon get a vote, a senior Senate Republican said on Thursday.
- Bill passed to help ensure future water for Yakima Valley Updated: Apr-20-16 4:52 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - A bill to ensure the future water supply of the arid but fertile Yakima River Basin passed the U.S. Senate on Wednesday.
- Report: More infections from dirty scopes than estimated Updated: Apr-15-16 6:00 pm
WASHINGTON - At least 300 patients have been sickened by life-threatening infections linked to contaminated medical scopes - more than previously estimated by federal regulators, according to figures released Friday.