- Analysis: Like Iran, pacts with USSR ignored foe's behavior Updated: Jul-24-15 3:26 am
WASHINGTON - Critics of the Iran nuclear deal claim it is flawed, among many reasons, because it does not demand that Tehran also change its behavior at home and abroad. That complaint ignores the United States' long history of striking arms control agreements with the Soviet Union, a far more dangerous enemy.
- Atlanta leaders vote to study changing Confederate carving Updated: Jul-20-15 9:22 pm
ATLANTA - Atlanta city officials have voted to ask Gov. Nathan Deal to consider making changes to the giant carving on Stone Mountain that features Confederate leaders.
- Timeline of key dates in US relations with Cuba Updated: Jul-20-15 12:19 am
Timeline of key events in U.S.-Cuba relations:
- Former US President Jimmy Carter on Iran, Confederate flag Updated: Jul-15-15 2:12 pm
ATLANTA - Former President Jimmy Carter on Wednesday backed a historic deal to curb Iran's nuclear program, telling The Associated Press that the U.S.-led agreement is "a major step in the right direction."
- Retired federal judge Lawrence Karlton dies in California Updated: Jul-12-15 6:23 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Retired federal judge Lawrence K. Karlton, whose written legal opinions on topics ranging from mental health care for inmates to the environment stand as significant influences on key issues, died in Northern California. He was 80.