- Pope defends Armenia 'genocide' comment; no offense meant Updated: Jun-26-16 4:33 pm
ABOARD THE PAPAL PLANE - Pope Francis defended using the term "genocide" to describe the Ottoman-era slaughter of Armenians, saying Sunday that's how he has always referred to the massacre, he didn't mean anything offensive by it and that it would have been "very strange" to have avoided it.
- Gordie Howe's life and legacy celebrated at Detroit funeral Updated: Jun-15-16 6:15 pm
DETROIT - Gordie Howe could break a lobster claw with his fingers, one of his sons said, and make people melt in his hands with his kindness and humility.
- Chattanooga football signs former MTSU basketball player Updated: Jun-13-16 5:59 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Chattanooga has added former Middle Tennessee basketball player Joshua Phillips to its football roster.
- Francis to meet Auschwitz survivors during visit to Poland Updated: Jun-09-16 1:26 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Pope Francis will meet hospitalized children and survivors of the Nazi death camp of Auschwitz, and will ride on a tram when he visits Poland next month - and is planning a surprise, officials said Thursday.
- Historic seminary that hosted 2 popes looks to relocate Updated: Jun-07-16 5:50 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A historic seminary near Philadelphia that two popes have visited is looking to relocate.
- Marysville church's Catholic priest brings along his wife Updated: Jun-04-16 10:27 am
MARYSVILLE, Washington - When the Rev. Tom McMichael arrived at St. Mary Catholic Church in January, he had already introduced himself in a "Pastor's Page" letter on the parish website. In his note, he wrote of looking forward "with joy and hope" to serving at the church. And he added a surprising detail: "I am a Catholic priest and I am married."