- Pope signs himself up for World Youth Day using tablet Updated: Jul-26-15 10:41 am
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis opened the registration period for next year's World Youth Day in Poland, using a tablet computer to sign himself up from a window overlooking St. Peter's Square during the traditional Sunday blessing.
- South Jersey sculptor crafting staff for pope's Philly visit Updated: Jul-20-15 11:04 am
DEPTFORD, New Jersey - In his studio in his serene backyard in Deptford, Frank Seder Jr. meticulously shaved a fine layer along a curve of a wooden crook. A chisel in the wrong direction, the artist noted, could cause an unsightly crack in the majestic, exotic purple wood from South America.
- Exit of Anti-Defamation League head marks shift for US Jews Updated: Jul-18-15 11:58 am
NEW YORK - Over 28 years as head of the Anti-Defamation League, Abe Foxman emerged as a forceful torchbearer for American Jews. He counseled presidents and diplomats, CEOs and celebrities. He took on prominent figures over anti-Semitic remarks or representations - actor Mel Gibson among them - and accepted any ensuing apologies on behalf of an entire community. No other U.S. Jewish leader has wielded as much influence with policymakers, faith leaders and U.S. Jews.
- Ex-prelate hospitalized ahead of trial on sex abuse, porn Updated: Jul-11-15 1:13 pm
VATICAN CITY - A former papal diplomat accused of sexually abusing teenage boys while stationed in the Dominican Republic has been hospitalized in intensive care, forcing adjournment of his trial Saturday in a Vatican courtroom for allegedly causing grave psychological harm to the victims and possessing an enormous quantity of child pornography.
- Pope to celebrate Mass in Paraguayan town devoted to virgin Updated: Jul-09-15 12:05 am
CAACUPE, Paraguay - Few countries are as devoutly Catholic as Paraguay, and no place in this South American nation means more to believers than the shrine of the Virgin of Miracles in Caacupe, where Pope Francis is to celebrate Mass on Saturday.
- The Latest: Pope makes surprise foray outside his residence Updated: Jul-05-15 9:44 pm
QUITO, Ecuador - Here are the latest developments from Pope Francis' trip to South America:
- Pope Francis on home turf urges defense of poor and planet Updated: Jul-05-15 9:16 pm
QUITO, Ecuador - Latin America's first pope returned to Spanish-speaking South America for the first time Sunday, stressing the need to protect the poor and the environment from exploitation and to foster dialogue among all sectors of society.
- Benedict XVI is honored for keen devotion to church music Updated: Jul-04-15 10:04 am
VATICAN CITY - Benedict XVI, emeritus pope and theologian, reflected on Saturday on classical music as an "encounter with the divine," saying listening to Mozart helps him experience "very deeply the Lord's presence."