- Irish church eyes 2018 papal visit, reconciliation gesture Updated: May-24-16 8:02 am
VATICAN CITY - The archbishop of Dublin is hoping Pope Francis will visit Northern Ireland as well as Dublin to mark the next edition of the Catholic Church's big family rally.
- Police say Sinead O'Connor found safe, no details released Updated: May-16-16 10:50 pm
CHICAGO - Police in suburban Chicago said Irish singer-songwriter Sinead O'Connor was found safe Monday after officers received a report that she never returned from a Sunday bike ride in the area.
- Pope seeks to renew European dream as he accepts unity prize Updated: May-06-16 11:58 am
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis, accepting a prize for promoting European unity, on Friday warned Europeans against the selfish temptation to put up fences to ward off newcomers, saying he still dreams of a Europe where migrants are welcomed.
- AP names Fernando Gonzalez deputy news director for LatAm Updated: May-04-16 12:33 pm
MEXICO CITY - Fernando Gonzalez, a veteran video journalist who has spent more than 30 years covering Latin America and the Caribbean, has been named to a new role as The Associated Press' deputy news director for the region.
- Archbishop of Havana, key figure in US detente, steps down Updated: Apr-26-16 12:26 pm
HAVANA - Cardinal Jaime Ortega, who oversaw a warming of relations with Cuba's Communist government and played a role in the secret negotiations that led to U.S.-Cuba detente, has stepped down, the Vatican announced Tuesday.