- Hokies look to extend streak vs. Virginia in Beamer finale Updated: Nov-27-15 12:17 pm
Michael Brewer is in his second season at Virginia Tech and though he did not grow up in the state, like most Hokies he considers Saturday's matchup with Virginia one of the biggest games in the history of the football program.
- ACC title game will match surprising and predictable Updated: Nov-25-15 2:37 pm
BOSTON - Maybe the Atlantic Coast Conference should change the names of its divisions from Atlantic and Coastal to Predictable and Surprising.
- AP Picks: Feast of major implications for Thanksgiving Updated: Nov-25-15 1:01 am
Every team in the AP Top 25 is playing this weekend in a total of 18 games. All these games will be:
- Virginia hoping to spoil finale for Beamer, Virginia Tech Updated: Nov-23-15 5:01 pm
Virginia Tech and outgoing coach Frank Beamer are in an uncomfortably familiar spot heading into their traditional regular season-ending rivalry game against Virginia: For the third time in four years, the Hokies need to beat the Cavaliers to qualify for a bowl game.
- Prescott, Allen put on amazing QB duel in shootout Updated: Nov-23-15 4:25 am
As poor as the reputation has been this season for Southeastern Conference quarterbacks, Mississippi State's Dak Prescott and Arkansas' Brandon Allen put on arguably the best head-to-head show in a game this season on Saturday night.
- Allen scores 17 to help Virginia Tech beat VMI 76-52 Updated: Nov-21-15 10:29 pm
BLACKSBURG, Virginia - Virginia Tech fans had been waiting to see the real Seth Allen, the one who averaged in double figures as a sophomore at Maryland two seasons ago.
- Johns' career day helps Virginia beat Duke 42-34 Updated: Nov-21-15 8:50 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - For one day, the coaching questions and uncertain future didn't matter for Virginia. Neither did the Cavaliers' recent run of poor form against Duke, nor their recent elimination from bowl consideration. For one day, everything was good.
- Beamer focusing on more work, bowl game after 30-27 OT loss Updated: Nov-21-15 6:29 pm
BLACKSBURG, Virginia - Frank Beamer wasn't in any great rush to reflect on a celebration of his 29 years as the Hokies' football coach, or anything else but next weekend's game.
- No. 12 North Carolina spoils Beamer's finale in OT, 30-27 Updated: Nov-21-15 5:45 pm
BLACKSBURG, Virginia - North Carolina defensive end Mikey Bart started celebrating too soon. Marquise Williams made sure his 12th-ranked Tar Heels were able to celebrate at all.
- Virginia Tech looks to control emotions vs No. 12 UNC Updated: Nov-17-15 4:51 pm
Frank Beamer's last home game. Senior Day.
- Virginia Tech rallies from 14 down to beat Ga Tech 23-21 Updated: Nov-13-15 12:04 am
ATLANTA - Frank Beamer picked up his first retirement gift.
- After tons of turmoil, Miami hanging on to Coastal hope Updated: Nov-12-15 3:39 pm
CORAL GABLES, Florida - Coastal.
- Georgia's Richt facing another stress test against Auburn Updated: Nov-12-15 12:26 pm
ATHENS, Georgia - Vince Dooley managed a pained smile as he empathized with the heat being felt by Mark Richt in Georgia's disappointing season.
- ACC's complicated bowl picture starting to take shape Updated: Nov-11-15 3:02 pm
Heading into the final weeks of the regular season, the Atlantic Coast Conference's bowl picture is starting to take shape.
- In disappointing season, Georgia Tech still hoping for bowl Updated: Nov-10-15 6:52 pm
ATLANTA - Outside of a stunning upset of Florida State, there hasn't been much to cheer about at Georgia Tech.
- Virginia Tech prepping for ACC matchup against Georgia Tech Updated: Nov-09-15 5:13 pm
Virginia Tech quarterback Michael Brewer was glad to have a few days off after coach Frank Beamer announced his 29th and current season would be his last with the Hokies.
- Beamer: 'The last thing I want is for Hokies to be divided' Updated: Nov-02-15 4:35 pm
BLACKSBURG, Virginia - An emotional Frank Beamer wanted everyone to know that his health wasn't the reason he has decided to retire.
- Who's next at Virginia Tech? Possible successors for Beamer Updated: Nov-02-15 4:26 am
The cliche goes that you don't want to be the guy who follows the coaching legend.