- The Cult deftly climbs new heights on 'Hidden City' Updated: Feb-05-16 10:44 am
The Cult, "Hidden City" (Cooking Vinyl)
- Super Bowl ads go for the safety Updated: Feb-05-16 3:47 am
NEW YORK - Talking animals, celebrity cameos and crowd-pleasing rock songs: This year's Super Bowl advertisers are sticking to the classics in their efforts to win over Big Game viewers on Sunday.
- Let's read: Old David Bowie library poster reissued Updated: Feb-03-16 3:05 pm
NEW YORK - The library community also loved David Bowie.
- The best seats in Public School's house weren't seats at all Updated: Feb-02-16 9:23 pm
NEW YORK - The best seats in the house Tuesday for the men's runway show by Public School weren't seats at all. And they weren't in the house.
- Lady Gaga to sing national anthem at Super Bowl Updated: Feb-02-16 5:26 pm
NEW YORK - Lady Gaga is set to sing the national anthem at the Super Bowl on Sunday.
- Lady Gaga to perform tribute to Bowie at Grammys Updated: Feb-02-16 12:28 pm
NEW YORK - Lady Gaga will pay tribute to the late David Bowie during the Grammy Awards later this month.
- Besting Bowie and Adele, Panic! at the Disco hits No. 1 Updated: Feb-01-16 2:00 pm
LOS ANGELES - Debuting at No. 1 is certainly an accomplishment, but bumping artists like David Bowie and Adele down the music charts has Panic! at the Disco's Brendon Urie simply gobsmacked.
- Women, youngsters dominate in rock field at Grammy Awards Updated: Jan-28-16 1:55 pm
NEW YORK - For years, men - and legacy acts - have dominated in the rock category at the Grammy Awards, leaving little room for female stars who rock as loud and hard as the guys and young bands hoping to breakthrough on the music scene.
- '60 Minutes' Bowie interview 15 years of missed connections Updated: Jan-25-16 2:48 pm
NEW YORK - A brief "60 Minutes" piece on the late David Bowie that aired Sunday was the result of a 15-year journey of missed connections involving three of the newsmagazine's correspondents and a rock star gone underground.
- Stewart says Sundance for 'film nerds,' Remembering Bowie Updated: Jan-24-16 11:59 pm
PARK CITY, Utah - The Associated Press is all over the Sundance Film Festival, which runs through Jan. 31, from its premieres to the Hollywood glitz. Here's what they've seen and heard:
- Mott the Hoople drummer Dale Griffin dies at 67 Updated: Jan-18-16 4:25 pm
LONDON - Dale Griffin, a drummer for British glam-rock stalwarts Mott the Hoople, has died at age 67.
- Cancer doctor thanks Bowie for helping people face death Updated: Jan-18-16 6:41 am
LONDON - A British doctor who works with terminally ill people has thanked David Bowie for helping open up a conversation about death.
- Elton John plays musical tribute to David Bowie in concert Updated: Jan-14-16 3:59 pm
LOS ANGELES - Elton John didn't just premiere tracks from his new album at his most recent concert, he offered a tribute to his late friend David Bowie.
- Bowie views top daily record on Vevo, beating Adele Updated: Jan-14-16 7:28 am
LOS ANGELES - David Bowie fans found a new way to be passing time after the pop star's death: setting a single-day record for video views on Vevo.
- Performance of David Bowie musical in NYC becomes a memorial Updated: Jan-13-16 12:35 pm
NEW YORK - A performance of David Bowie's trippy, melancholy musical "Lazarus" turned into a memorial for the Thin White Duke on Tuesday night as fans who had bought tickets to celebrate his music instead found themselves mourning his passing.
- Bowie lauded as an artist who made it OK to be different Updated: Jan-12-16 4:16 pm
NEW YORK - It's perhaps not so surprising that the word "androgynous" was spiking on the Merriam-Webster online dictionary after David Bowie's death was announced, as people looked up a word so commonly mentioned in connection with the rock star's blazingly unique style.
- UK's Brit Awards to pay tribute to 'visionary' David Bowie Updated: Jan-12-16 12:10 pm
LONDON - Britain's biggest music awards will pay tribute to David Bowie at next month's ceremony.
- The Latest: Elton John remembers Bowie as 'an amazing life' Updated: Jan-11-16 7:23 pm
LONDON - The latest on the death of singer David Bowie. All times local.
- David Bowie never stopped looking ahead Updated: Jan-11-16 6:12 pm
It was hardly a coincidence that David Bowie named his greatest hits collection "Changes."
- Burberry gets close to the audience at London Fashion Week Updated: Jan-11-16 3:18 pm
LONDON - Burberry offered an impressive menswear presentation Monday, featuring live music, international stars and a line-up of well-designed clothes and a bit of a twist.
- Legendary musician David Bowie dies of cancer at 69 Updated: Jan-11-16 2:53 pm
NEW YORK - David Bowie, the chameleon-like star who transformed the sound - and the look - of rock with his audacious creativity and his sexually ambiguous makeup and costumes, died of cancer Sunday.
- David Bowie held powerful influence on fashion design Updated: Jan-11-16 11:23 am
PARIS - David Bowie - with his outrageous alter egos - was famed as much for his image and powerful influence on fashion design as he was for his music.
- Astronaut Peake pays tribute to 'Starman' Bowie from space Updated: Jan-11-16 8:02 am
LONDON - Here he is, sitting in a tin can, far above the world - and saying goodbye to David Bowie.
- David Bowie changed the very meaning of being a rock star Updated: Jan-11-16 7:36 am
NEW YORK - David Bowie made clear, in a way that was exhilarating and sometimes frightening, what every rock star since Elvis Presley and Little Richard had been telling us all along - that anything was possible.
- From film to videos, Bowie's most memorable visual works Updated: Jan-11-16 6:59 am
LOS ANGELES - David Bowie's legend was as intrinsically tied to his aesthetic as it was to his genius as a musician. His striking looks and unique charisma made Bowie a natural fit for his own music videos and film, where he always lent an eccentric flair in both starring roles and cameos. Here is a look at some of his most memorable visual works: