- Obama to speak at clean energy summit in Las Vegas Updated: Aug-01-15 11:13 pm
LAS VEGAS - President Barack Obama will be the keynote speaker at a Las Vegas summit on clean energy later this month.
- Reid vows Democratic candidate in Nevada congressional race Updated: Jul-28-15 5:35 pm
RENO, Nevada - Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid says there's "not a chance" he'll leave Nevada's 3rd Congressional District race without a Democratic candidate.
- Ted Cruz goes to Senate floor to call GOP leader a liar Updated: Jul-25-15 5:47 pm
WASHINGTON - In a stunning, public attack on his own party leader, Republican Sen. Ted Cruz accused Majority Leader Mitch McConnell of lying, and said he was no better than his Democratic predecessor and couldn't be trusted.
- Senate GOP setting up 'Obamacare' vote on highway bill Updated: Jul-24-15 10:15 am
WASHINGTON - Senate Republican leaders announced plans Friday to use a must-pass highway bill to try to overturn President Barack Obama's health care law, in the latest GOP assault on "Obamacare."
- Richard Leone, former Port Authority chairman, dies Updated: Jul-23-15 2:55 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Richard Leone, the former chairman of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey who managed Brendan Byrne's two successful campaigns for governor, died last week. He was 75.
- Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn Goodman endorses Heck for Senate Updated: Jul-20-15 3:47 pm
LAS VEGAS - Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn Goodman is endorsing Republican Rep. Joe Heck in his bid for Senate.
- New Clark GOP chair: Goal is running competent organization Updated: Jul-16-15 6:14 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - The newly elected chairman of the Clark County Republican Party said his priority will be running the kind of competent, efficient organization needed to get Republicans elected to office.
- Lee leads Democratic rivals for Congress in fundraising Updated: Jul-15-15 8:19 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Political newcomer Susie Lee has an early fundraising lead in the four-way Democratic primary for Nevada's 4th Congressional District seat.
- House passes bill to keep highway aid flowing to states Updated: Jul-15-15 4:26 pm
WASHINGTON - The House passed a bill Wednesday to temporarily shore up funding for transportation programs and prevent a shutdown in highway and transit aid to states at the end of this month. But Senate Republicans are trying to cobble together a longer-term bill that could provide money for several years.
- Heller, Hardy, Amodei back fellow Republican Heck for Senate Updated: Jul-15-15 11:59 am
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Sen. Dean Heller and congressmen Mark Amodei and Cresent Hardy are formally endorsing their Republican colleague Joe Heck for Senate.
- White House seeking Democrats to support Iran nuclear deal Updated: Jul-14-15 5:16 pm
WASHINGTON - Just hours after announcing a landmark nuclear agreement with Iran on Tuesday, the White House launched a robust lobbying campaign to persuade skeptical Democrats in Congress to approve the deal.
- Republican Danny Tarkanian announces bid for Congress Updated: Jul-13-15 7:17 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican Danny Tarkanian announced Monday that he'll run for the 3rd Congressional District seat being vacated by fellow Republican Rep. Joe Heck.
- Republican Danny Tarkanian announces bid for Congress Updated: Jul-13-15 6:40 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada Republican Danny Tarkanian has announced he'll run for the 3rd Congressional District seat being vacated by fellow Republican Rep. Joe Heck.
- Masto, Heck ramp up fundraising in Nevada US Senate race Updated: Jul-10-15 8:56 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Democratic former Nevada Attorney General Catherine Cortez Masto announced that she has raised $1.1 million since launching her campaign for U.S. Senate three months ago, although her newly announced Republican opponent has a larger stash of cash.
- Under fire for data breach, Obama personnel chief steps down Updated: Jul-10-15 6:47 pm
WASHINGTON - The embattled head of the government's personnel office abruptly stepped down Friday, bowing to mounting pressure following the unprecedented breach of private information her agency was entrusted to protect.
- Nevada Republicans upset; Democrats hail national monument Updated: Jul-10-15 5:02 pm
LAS VEGAS - The sudden designation of a state-sized area of desert, valleys and mountains in Nevada as a new national monument was derided Friday by local congressmen as an act of political cronyism involving outgoing U.S. Sen. Harry Reid and President Barack Obama.
- House GOP working to extend highway funding to end of year Updated: Jul-10-15 3:37 pm
WASHINGTON - With money for roads and bridges running out, House Republicans are working on a package to extend highway funding through the end of the year, a top GOP congressman said Friday.
- Obama designates national monuments in Texas, Calif., Nevada Updated: Jul-10-15 2:48 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama designated new national monuments Friday in California, Nevada and Texas, setting aside millions of acres that are home to prehistoric rock carvings, Mammoth bones and popular outdoors destinations. The presidential move ran into immediate resistance from some Republicans, who accused Obama of a sneaky land grab that ignored the interests of local residents.
- New national monuments coming in Texas, California, Nevada Updated: Jul-10-15 9:59 am
WASHINGTON - Mammoth bones, prehistoric rock carvings and more than a million acres of wilderness will be protected as part of three new national monuments that President Barack Obama is creating in California, Nevada and Texas.
- Former Assembly Speaker John Oceguera running for Congress Updated: Jul-09-15 5:06 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Democrat John Oceguera, who previously held the highest post in the Nevada Assembly, announced Thursday that he'll join a crowded race for the state's 4th Congressional District seat.
- Western lawmakers warn of moving radiation detection lab Updated: Jul-09-15 4:53 pm
LAS VEGAS - Federal officials want to move a mobile radiation detection laboratory from Las Vegas to Alabama, but nuclear safety advocates and lawmakers warn it could leave the Western U.S. vulnerable to an accident or terror attack.
- Republican State Sen. Michael Roberson running for Congress Updated: Jul-08-15 7:54 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican Nevada state Sen. Michael Roberson announced Wednesday that he'll run for the southern Nevada congressional seat currently held by Republican Rep. Joe Heck.
- Bipartisan plan would overhaul business taxes, fund highways Updated: Jul-08-15 6:51 pm
WASHINGTON - Senators unveiled a bipartisan framework Wednesday aimed at making business taxes more competitive while generating much-needed funding to repair the nation's roads and bridges.
- Nevada GOP Rep. Joe Heck running for Reid's US Senate seat Updated: Jul-06-15 8:26 pm
LAS VEGAS - Joe Heck, the newly announced Republican candidate for U.S. Senate in Nevada, on Monday criticized Donald Trump's comments about Mexican immigrants, saying entire ethnic groups can't be stereotyped.
- Republican enters race for open Las Vegas congressional seat Updated: Jul-06-15 12:30 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Former Nevada congressional candidate Dr. Annette Teijeiro says she's planning on running for an open Las Vegas congressional seat.