- The Latest: Norway: All people must have ID on trips abroad Updated: Nov-25-15 9:19 am
ZAGREB, Croatia - The latest on the mass movement of asylum seekers and others seeking refuge in Europe. All times local:
- Biden meets Balkan leaders at summit on refugees, threats Updated: Nov-25-15 9:07 am
ZAGREB, Croatia - Tensions over a record surge of asylum-seekers and fears that Islamic militants may have infiltrated the flow brought former Balkans rivals together in an urgent summit Wednesday, along with U.S. Vice President Joe Biden.
- VP Biden adds stop in Rome, Italy to European trip Updated: Nov-24-15 2:17 pm
WASHINGTON - Vice President Joe Biden is adding Rome, Italy to his European trip over the Thanksgiving holiday.
- White House asks allies to step up in IS campaign Updated: Nov-23-15 7:22 pm
WASHINGTON - The White House urged allies on Monday to do more in the campaign against the Islamic State, while President Barack Obama faced pressure in return to show the U.S.-led coalition will intensify efforts in response to the Paris attacks, even without a major shift in strategy.
- VP Biden to attend meetings with Southeast European leaders Updated: Nov-23-15 7:03 pm
WASHINGTON - Vice President Joe Biden will travel to Croatia Wednesday for meetings with Southeast European leaders.
- The Latest: Top officials heading to Paris concert hall Updated: Nov-13-15 7:28 pm
PARIS - The latest on shootings and explosions in Paris. (all times local):
- Clinton earning superdelegate support in New Jersey Updated: Nov-13-15 2:28 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Hillary Clinton has more support from New Jersey's superdelegates to the Democratic National Convention than any other party candidate for president.
- Biden tells college students to intervene to prevent assault Updated: Nov-12-15 2:50 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - Vice President Joe Biden is making sure a White House initiative to prevent campus sexual violence reaches his alma mater, Syracuse University.
- Obama visits Arlington National Cemetery to honor veterans Updated: Nov-11-15 7:25 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama urged the public Wednesday to keep thinking about veterans long after the annual holiday honoring them.
- Delaware to name National Guard headquarters for Beau Biden Updated: Nov-10-15 10:28 am
NEW CASTLE, Delaware - Delaware will name its National Guard headquarters in New Castle for Beau Biden.
- Obama quashes Keystone XL in bid to boost climate leverage Updated: Nov-06-15 11:35 pm
WASHINGTON - Ending a seven-year political saga, President Barack Obama killed the proposed Keystone XL pipeline on Friday, declaring it would have undercut U.S. efforts to clinch a global climate change deal at the center of his environmental legacy.
- Biden: Bypass legislatures to direct road grants to cities Updated: Nov-05-15 7:37 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The federal government should find more ways to bypass state legislatures to get transportation grants directly to cities and towns, Vice President Joe Biden said Thursday.
- Wayne County to give $1 million for rape kit investigations Updated: Nov-03-15 12:26 pm
DETROIT - Cash-strapped Wayne County has identified $1 million in a delinquent tax fund that will allow prosecutors to investigate hundreds of remaining rape kits found six years ago in a Detroit police property storage facility.
- VP Joe Biden apologizes to Olympic assembly for 'oversight' Updated: Oct-30-15 3:43 pm
WASHINGTON - Conspicuously absent the previous day, Vice President Joe Biden dropped in on a global Olympic meeting Friday and gave an impromptu plug for Los Angeles' bid for the 2024 Games.
- VP Joe Biden meets with 2016 candidate Bernie Sanders Updated: Oct-29-15 6:54 pm
WASHINGTON - The presidential campaign of Democrat Bernie Sanders says the independent senator from Vermont has met with Vice President Joe Biden.
- Sen. Tom Carper endorses Hillary Clinton for president Updated: Oct-26-15 6:52 pm
WASHINGTON - Sen. Tom Carper of Delaware has endorsed Hillary Rodham Clinton's bid for the Democratic presidential nomination.
- US hosting national Olympic bodies for 1st time in 21 years Updated: Oct-26-15 2:09 pm
WASHINGTON - For the first time in more than two decades, the world's national Olympic committees are holding their annual congress in the United States. In the nation's capital, no less.