- Beau Biden funeral scheduled for Saturday in Wilmington Updated: Jun-02-15 12:33 pm
- Beau Biden dies at 46; son of VP had life of adversity Updated: May-31-15 4:05 pm
DOVER, Delaware - He was the privileged son of a longtime U.S. senator and two-term vice president, yet Joseph R. "Beau" Biden III was no stranger to personal adversity.
- Study: Many cancer patients could be spared brain radiation Updated: May-31-15 1:39 pm
CHICAGO - A major study could change care for many of the hundreds of thousands of people each year who have cancer that spreads to the brain from other sites. Contrary to conventional wisdom, radiation therapy to the whole brain did not improve survival, and it harmed memory, speech and thinking skills, doctors found.
- Chicago mayor: Beau Biden dedicated life to public service Updated: May-31-15 10:58 am
- Biden defends US cooperation on Russia amid Ukraine tensions Updated: May-27-15 2:12 pm
WASHINGTON - Vice President Joe Biden on Wednesday defended the Obama administration's decision to cooperate with Russia on areas of "clear mutual interest," even as the West tries to punish Moscow for its actions in Ukraine.
- Biden tries to smooth over anger sparked by Carter's comment Updated: May-26-15 3:15 am
WASHINGTON - Vice President Joe Biden is reassuring Iraq's government of U.S. support in the fight against the Islamic State group, telephoning Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi with thanks for "the enormous sacrifice and bravery of Iraqi forces" one day after Defense Secretary Ash Carter questioned the Iraqi military commitment.
- Biden discusses Asia-Pacific region at Navy graduation Updated: May-22-15 1:16 pm
- Justice Department eyes voting reforms for American Indians Updated: May-21-15 7:32 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - The U.S. Department of Justice is seeking legislation that would require state and local election officials to work with American Indian tribes to locate at least one polling place on or near each tribe's land.
- Beau Biden undergoing undisclosed treatment at Walter Reed Updated: May-19-15 7:04 pm
WASHINGTON - Vice President Joe Biden's son, former Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden, is undergoing treatment at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
- China's impact looms large as US debates its own trade deals Updated: May-19-15 3:41 pm
WASHINGTON - If the U.S. doesn't write the rules of international trade, President Barack Obama warns, China will. In fact, China is already helping write those rules, and in some ways has jumped ahead of the game.
- Biden urges Yale grads to question judgment, not motives Updated: May-17-15 6:13 pm
- White House: Obama assets between $1.9M and $6.9M Updated: May-15-15 7:26 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama and his wife, Michelle, held assets last year that were worth roughly $1.9 million to $6.9 million, according to their required financial disclosure reports.
- Dr. Jill Biden to speak at community college commencement Updated: May-14-15 4:06 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Dr. Jill Biden is scheduled to deliver the commencement address to graduates of Central Piedmont Community College in Charlotte.
- Obama: Amtrak derailment "a tragedy that touches us all" Updated: May-13-15 3:25 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama said Wednesday that the deadly derailment of Amtrak Train 188 was "a tragedy that touches us all." He promised a thorough investigation.
- Blog site Tumblr launches anti-bullying support campaign Updated: May-13-15 11:47 am
LOS ANGELES - Actress Elizabeth Banks, singer Jordin Sparks and Vice President Joe Biden are among those helping Tumblr establish a safe place from bullies online.
- Obama, Biden tell Kurdish leader US stands by unified Iraq Updated: May-05-15 7:45 pm
- Delaware conference eyes community efforts to end hunger Updated: May-04-15 2:19 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Organizers of a conference being held in Wilmington are hoping to bring government agencies, nonprofits, businesses and faith-based groups together in an effort to end hunger in Delaware.
- Vice President Biden touts community policing at NAACP event Updated: May-03-15 11:37 pm
DETROIT - Vice President Joe Biden has told a crowd at an NAACP event in Detroit that law enforcement officers and the people they are sworn to protect need to "see each other" to know one another.
- Detroit NAACP leader says blacks need help from Washington Updated: May-03-15 5:10 pm
DETROIT - The head of the Detroit branch of the NAACP is demanding that elected leaders in Washington fix the problem of jobs, education and training in black communities.
- Congressmen to reconsider separate funding for Iraq factions Updated: May-03-15 3:52 pm
BAGHDAD - Congress may reconsider a provision in an upcoming bill funding the training of the Iraqi army that would also send weapons directly to Arab Sunnis and Kurds, a congressman visiting Baghdad said Sunday.