- Democrat Edwards trying to break party slump in Louisiana Updated: Oct-02-15 3:05 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Democratic candidate for governor John Bel Edwards has surged in recent polls, raising hopes among Democrats that they might reclaim a top position in a state where Republicans hold every statewide elected job.
- Vitter's Republican challengers: He lied about our records Updated: Oct-01-15 9:53 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Two Republican contenders to be Louisiana's next governor charged GOP front-runner David Vitter with lying about them Thursday, seeking to capitalize on Vitter's recent slip in the polls as the four major candidates in the race squared off in their first TV debate together.
- PACs pump $1.3M so far into Louisiana governor's race TV ads Updated: Oct-01-15 12:09 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Outside political groups have poured $1.3 million into TV advertising for the Louisiana governor's race, meaning the conversation about candidates is being at least partially shaped by a small number of donors with hefty bank accounts.
- Bayou Corne sinkhole becomes attack point in governor's race Updated: Sep-25-15 7:35 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A three-year-old sinkhole that forced 350 rural Louisiana residents from their homes has become a flashpoint in the governor's race, with Republican candidate David Vitter accusing GOP rival Scott Angelle of running away from the catastrophe.
- Vitter sitting on $4M for final weeks of governor's race Updated: Sep-24-15 7:42 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The only major Democratic contender in the Louisiana governor's race, John Bel Edwards, had the largest haul in the latest fundraising period. But Republican David Vitter still has the heftiest campaign account.
- Dardenne announces statewide tour for La. governor's race Updated: Sep-23-15 4:10 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Republican candidate for governor Jay Dardenne has announced a statewide tour in his campaign for the Oct. 24 election.
- Analysis: Candidates have 6 weeks to sell Louisiana voters Updated: Sep-13-15 5:41 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana's three-day candidate registration always provides a dose of political theater, but the latest qualifying period also offered clues about individual strategies, talking points and areas that contenders want to dodge.
- Sign-up period for Oct. 24 election ends with few surprises Updated: Sep-10-15 7:03 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - No unexpected twists stirred up things at the top of the ballot, as the candidate sign-up period for Louisiana's Oct. 24 election ended Thursday.
- Jindal largely gone from Louisiana since campaign announced Updated: Sep-05-15 10:49 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - After announcing his bid for the White House, Gov. Bobby Jindal hit the road, and Louisiana's seen him very little since.