- Merkel rules out 'haircut' for Greece, open to other relief Updated: Jul-19-15 11:55 am
BERLIN - Chancellor Angela Merkel on Sunday suggested that Germany would show flexibility in negotiating how Greece deals with its massive debt, but again ruled out writing off part of the money.
- Mixed German messages on Greece serve a purpose Updated: Jul-17-15 1:27 pm
BERLIN - German government officials have appeared to send mixed messages about their desire for Greece to keep using the euro - and that's just the way they want it.
- European Central Bank raises support for Greek banks Updated: Jul-16-15 11:09 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - European Central Bank head Mario Draghi delivered financial and moral support for embattled Greece on Thursday, saying that emergency credit to Greek banks will be increased - a first step toward helping them reopen.
- The Latest: European Union to give Greece short-term loan Updated: Jul-16-15 10:17 am
ATHENS, Greece - The latest on Greece's financial crisis (all times local):
- Why Germany refuses to write off Greece's debts Updated: Jul-15-15 12:03 pm
FRANKFURT, Germany - The International Monetary Fund says Greece's debts are too big to pay and need to be partly forgiven.
- The Latest: Protesters loot supermarket in Athens suburb Updated: Jul-03-15 10:37 am
ATHENS, Greece - The latest news on Greece's financial woes and its upcoming referendum on Sunday (all times local):