- IMF: China, tumbling commodity prices threaten world economy Updated: Sep-02-15 8:14 pm
WASHINGTON - China's slowdown, volatile financial markets and tumbling raw-materials prices have raised the risks to economic growth around the world, the International Monetary Fund reported Wednesday.
- Obama offended by attacks on Jews who back Iran deal Updated: Aug-31-15 7:00 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama said people who attack Jews who support the Iran nuclear deal are like African-Americans who differ with him on policy and then conclude he's "not black enough."
- Tubman, Susan B. Anthony win support for redesigned $10 bill Updated: Aug-31-15 5:12 pm
SENECA FALLS, New York - Harriet Tubman and Susan B. Anthony were the names most mentioned Monday as women who should be considered for a redesigned $10 bill during a town hall meeting with U.S. Treasurer Rosie Rios.
- Budget report sees shrinking deficits, but only for now Updated: Aug-25-15 6:04 pm
WASHINGTON - An unforeseen flood of revenue is shrinking federal deficits to the lowest level of President Barack Obama's tenure, Congress' nonpartisan budget adviser said Tuesday. But in a report that will fuel both parties in their autumn clash over spending, the analysts also warned that perilously high shortfalls will roar back unless lawmakers act.
- US criticizes use of police in ouster of Myanmar party chief Updated: Aug-14-15 6:19 pm
WASHINGTON - U.S. policymakers are criticizing the role of Myanmar security forces in the nighttime ouster of the ruling party chief this week, which shows the fragility of political reforms as the Southeast Asian nation gears up for November elections.
- Alaska civil rights leader touted for new $10 bill Updated: Aug-14-15 2:43 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - State officials are promoting an Alaska Native civil rights leader to grace the redesign of the $10 bill.