- Obama: I won't negotiate over raising US borrowing cap Updated: Oct-02-15 4:45 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama says he won't give Republicans controlling Congress concessions on must-pass legislation to increase the government's borrowing cap.
- Treasury: Nov. 5 deadline for Congress to act on debt limit Updated: Oct-01-15 6:07 pm
WASHINGTON - The deadline for Congress to increase the government's borrowing limit is coming earlier than expected, moving up to about Nov. 5.
- Key reasons why opponents hate the Iran nuclear deal Updated: Sep-11-15 4:10 am
WASHINGTON - Even though opponents of the Iran nuclear deal can't win in Congress, they aren't going to go quietly.
- GOP bill pays bondholders if government hits debt limit Updated: Sep-10-15 5:04 pm
WASHINGTON - As Congress gears up for another fight over the federal debt, House Republicans advanced legislation Thursday to make sure investors in U.S. Treasury bonds get paid even if the government reaches the limit of its borrowing authority.
- Biden floats meeting with Israel to discuss US security aid Updated: Sep-09-15 11:18 pm
WASHINGTON - The United States plans to meet with Israel to discuss how the U.S. can ensure Israel's military advantage over its enemies, Vice President Joe Biden said Wednesday. U.S. officials said such a meeting with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was already in the works.