- In Obama's final year, Senate is slow to act on his nominees Updated: Feb-05-16 5:21 pm
WASHINGTON - If you wear combat fatigues to work, then your nomination is almost sure to sail through the Senate. If not, you're likely in for a long wait.
- US drops opposition to multilateral Argentine loans Updated: Jan-21-16 3:32 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - The United States says it will no longer oppose lending to Argentina from multilateral banks.
- House GOP subpoenas Treasury's Lew on 'Obamacare' papers Updated: Jan-20-16 6:38 pm
WASHINGTON - Two top House Republicans have subpoenaed Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew, seeking documents involving payments to insurance companies to lower out-of-pocket costs for some people enrolled under the Affordable Care Act.
- US Treasury Sec: Puerto Rico needs congressional action Updated: Jan-20-16 6:16 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - U.S. Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew stressed on Wednesday during a visit to Puerto Rico that congressional action is the only solution to pulling the U.S. territory out of its worsening economic crisis.
- AP EXPLAINS: What Congress can do about Puerto Rico's debt Updated: Jan-18-16 1:56 pm
WASHINGTON - Puerto Rico's $72 billion public debt crisis has forced congressional leaders to pay attention to a U.S. territory that's usually on the sidelines of American politics.
- US Treasury Secretary demands action on Puerto Rico's crisis Updated: Jan-15-16 3:21 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - U.S. Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew urged Congress on Friday to pass legislation by March to help ease Puerto Rico's economic crisis before it's too late.