- An exciting outcome in Presidents Cup, nothing more Updated: Oct-12-15 6:57 am
INCHEON, South Korea - The best Presidents Cup in 10 years revealed exactly what the Americans need to do if they want to win the Ryder Cup.
- Yogi Berra remembered at funeral by family, sports royalty Updated: Sep-29-15 8:51 pm
MONTCLAIR, New Jersey - A gold catcher's mitt was placed on top of his remains. But on a day filled with stories from a lifetime in baseball, Yogi Berra was remembered for being more than one of the game's greats.
- Christie orders flags at half-staff in honor of Yogi Berra Updated: Sep-25-15 12:06 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has signed an executive order honoring baseball great Yogi Berra.
- A wonderful life: Berra's family, Yankees honor Yogi Updated: Sep-24-15 8:37 pm
NEW YORK - Bill Spahr tapped the bronze Yogi Berra plaque in Monument Park with his hand, nodded his head in tribute and recalled the day he once talked to the Yankees great for 15 minutes at an airport.
- When all's said and done, Yogi Berra was 1 of a kind Updated: Sep-24-15 1:40 am
NEW YORK - Baseball people tell a wonderful story about Yogi Berra and the most famous home run in history.
- Sore wrist doesn't stop Braves' Freeman from driving in 5 Updated: Sep-24-15 12:43 am
NEW YORK - Freddie Freeman's right wrist looked just fine.
- Freeman drives in 5 runs off bench, Braves stun Mets 6-3 Updated: Sep-23-15 11:46 pm
NEW YORK - David Wright had nothing to say to his friend Freddie Freeman as the Braves' slugger rounded the bases in the ninth inning.
- Hopes for East crown take a hit as Yankees lose 4-0 to Jays Updated: Sep-23-15 11:32 pm
- Stroman strong as Martin's HR leads Jays past Yankees 4-0 Updated: Sep-23-15 10:40 pm
- Yankees Hall of Fame catcher Yogi Berra dies at 90 Updated: Sep-23-15 9:30 pm
NEW YORK - The lovable legend of Yogi Berra, that ain't ever gonna be over.
- In their words: How sports world is remembering Yogi Berra Updated: Sep-23-15 8:43 pm
NEW YORK - Yogi Berra, the Hall of Fame catcher renowned as much for his lovable, linguistically dizzying "Yogi-isms" as his unmatched 10 World Series championships with the New York Yankees, has died at 90. Here's how he is being remembered:
- Goodbye Yogi: Remembering Berra's glory years from afar Updated: Sep-23-15 7:34 pm
LONDON - The death of Yogi Berra means little to most in Britain, where baseball is widely seen as a stand-around, action-free imitation of cricket favored by the colonials for reasons that are impossible to comprehend.
- Falcons look to seize the moment against ailing Cowboys Updated: Sep-23-15 7:26 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - Everything seems to be falling into place for the Atlanta Falcons.
- Verlander up to 99 mph as Tigers beat White Sox 7-4 Updated: Sep-23-15 6:08 pm
DETROIT - In possibly his most encouraging start of the season, Justin Verlander reached back to past, but familiar, territory with his velocity on Wednesday.
- Alabama editorial roundup Updated: Sep-23-15 4:40 pm
Recent editorials from Alabama newspapers:
- Flags to fly at half-staff in NYC in honor of Yogi Berra Updated: Sep-23-15 2:25 pm
NEW YORK - Mayor Bill de Blasio has ordered all flags in New York City to fly at half-staff in honor of baseball legend Yogi Berra.