- The 7 movies to see from the Toronto Film Festival Updated: Sep-17-15 2:08 pm
TORONTO - "What have you seen that you liked?"
- Audiobooks get some starry help from Broadway and Hollywood Updated: Sep-16-15 11:56 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - Actress Vanessa Johansson recently found herself in the middle of a steamy interracial romance, one complicated by a gunshot and a looming lawsuit. It was also purely fictional.
- 'Everest' actors had to discover their inner mountaineers Updated: Sep-15-15 11:36 am
LOS ANGELES - Jason Clarke was already an avid outdoorsman when he signed on to play the lead role in "Everest." He'd visited most of the national parks in North America and trekked through Chile and Argentina. He knew his way around an ice-ax and crampons. He even backpacked to Everest base camp - a staggering 17,600 feet above sea level - a few years back just for fun.
- Review: 'Everest,' a harrowing spectacle that lacks emotion Updated: Sep-15-15 10:48 am
"Everest" is not an easy movie to watch. No entertainment that contains such tragedy should be.
- Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright Frank D. Gilroy dies at 89 Updated: Sep-13-15 8:28 pm
LOS ANGELES - Frank D. Gilroy, whose play about a veteran's fraught return home, "The Subject Was Roses," won him a Pulitzer Prize, died Saturday in Monroe, New York. He was 89.
- Lorenzo Vigas' 'From Afar' wins Golden Lion at Venice Updated: Sep-12-15 4:21 pm
VENICE, Italy - Venezuelan director Lorenzo Vigas' powerful Caracas-set drama "From Afar" won the Venice Film Festival's top Golden Lion prize on Saturday, as filmmakers from the Americas beat established European directors for the main trophies.
- Moore, Gyllenhaal kick off 40th Toronto Film Festival Updated: Sep-11-15 2:30 am
TORONTO - The Toronto International Film Festival opened its 40th year with a gala double feature of Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Moore.
- Toronto fest teaming with true-life tales, big and small Updated: Sep-09-15 6:35 pm
NEW YORK - Hank Williams, Dan Rather and Lance Armstrong: The fictional guest list to the 40th Toronto International Film Festival is a curious group.