- Germany needs to find its cutting edge; Mueller especially Updated: Jun-24-16 3:48 pm
EVIAN-LES-BAINS, France - Germany needs to find its cutting edge. More specifically Thomas Mueller does.
- Slovakia expects different Germany than it beat in friendly Updated: Jun-23-16 8:44 am
LILLE, France - Slovakia did it before, and now they have a chance to do it again.
- Germany waiting on Boateng's fitness ahead of Slovakia game Updated: Jun-23-16 7:00 am
EVIAN-LES-BAINS, France - With fitness worries over central defender Jerome Boateng, Germany coach Joachim Loew gave his players the day off Thursday.
- The composite team of Euro 2016 - so far Updated: Jun-23-16 5:53 am
PARIS - It's no surprise to see Gareth Bale and Andres Iniesta lighting up the European Championship. However, some other players who are hardly household names in European soccer have also impressed at this year's tournament.
- German concern switches from defense to offense at Euro 2016 Updated: Jun-18-16 8:17 am
EVIAN-LES-BAINS, France - Concerns regarding defensive frailties from Germany's opening game at the European Championship have been replaced by worries over its attack.
- Tournaments' 2nd games proving troublesome for Germany Updated: Jun-16-16 7:59 pm
SAINT-DENIS, France - Only once in five tournaments under coach Joachim Loew has Germany started with two consecutive victories, with Thursday's goalless draw against Poland at the European Championship being the latest in an unwanted sequence.
- Germany and Poland play to first 0-0 stalemate at Euro 2016 Updated: Jun-16-16 6:17 pm
SAINT-DENIS, France - Germany and Poland played out the first goalless draw of the European Championship on Thursday in a dour match at the Stade de France.
- The action is on and off the pitch at Euro 2016 Updated: Jun-15-16 1:46 am
PARIS - Tear gas, great goals and acrobatic saves have shared the headlines in the first round of group matches at the 2016 European Championship.
- Schweinsteiger seals 2-0 win for Germany over Ukraine Updated: Jun-12-16 6:27 pm
LILLE, France - Bastian Schweinsteiger marked his return from injury by sealing a 2-0 win for Germany over Ukraine in the world champions' opening game at Euro 2016 on Sunday.
- Germany calls up defender Tah to replace injured Ruediger Updated: Jun-08-16 8:54 am
EVIAN-LES-BAINS, France - Germany coach Joachim Loew has called up Bayer Leverkusen defender Jonathan Tah to replace the injured Antonio Ruediger at the European Championship.
- German lawmaker wears Boateng shirt to parliament in support Updated: Jun-08-16 8:00 am
BERLIN - A lawmaker for Chancellor Angela Merkel's conservative party has attended a state parliament meeting wearing the jersey of Germany soccer player Jerome Boateng - showing support for the player after a nationalist politician reportedly said many people wouldn't want him as a neighbor.
- Germany beats Hungary 2-0 in final Euro 2016 warmup Updated: Jun-04-16 2:42 pm
GELSENKIRCHEN, Germany - Germany had a comfortable if uninspiring 2-0 win over Hungary in its final warmup for the European Championship on Saturday.
- Marco Reus out of Euro 2016, Schweinsteiger in Germany squad Updated: May-31-16 11:57 am
BERLIN - Borussia Dortmund midfielder Marco Reus was dropped from Germany's European Championship squad on Tuesday, and captain Bastian Schweinsteiger made the final cut despite injury.