- The Latest: Friday's protest to target main shopping area Updated: Nov-26-15 9:15 pm
CHICAGO - The latest on the aftermath of the shooting of a black teenager by a white Chicago police officer (all times local):
- Teen killed by Chicago officer had broken, troubled family Updated: Nov-26-15 11:41 am
CHICAGO - A black teenager shot 16 times by a white Chicago police officer was a ward of the state when he died, having spent years being shuttled between different relatives' homes and foster care from the time he was 3.
- Protesters to target Chicago shopping area on Black Friday Updated: Nov-25-15 11:16 pm
CHICAGO - Small groups of demonstrators gathered throughout the day Wednesday to protest the death of a black teen shot 16 times by a white police officer, and they urged supporters to join them in trying to shut down Chicago's famous Michigan Avenue shopping district during the Black Friday shopping bonanza.
- Clinton faces protests as she courts black voters Updated: Oct-31-15 3:03 am
ATLANTA - Hillary Rodham Clinton, shouting over protesters, promised black Americans Friday that she would address systemic racism and, if elected, follow in the footsteps of her predecessor, the country's first black president.
- Jackson says urban reinvestment and better policing needed Updated: Oct-27-15 5:16 pm
CHICAGO - Civil rights leader Jesse Jackson says President Barack Obama gave a sound address on policing before the International Association of Chiefs of Police. However, Jackson says there is also a need for urban reinvestment and job creation.