- Royals' Cain exits with bruised knee, day to day Updated: Sep-30-15 10:37 pm
CHICAGO - Royals center fielder Lorenzo Cain exited Wednesday night's game against the Chicago White Sox and is day to day for playoff-bound Kansas City with a bruised right knee after fouling a pitch off himself.
- White Sox eliminated with 2-1 loss to Yankees Updated: Sep-26-15 9:51 pm
NEW YORK - The Chicago White Sox have been over .500 for just one day this season, when they were 18-17 in mid-May. It has been clear for weeks that they would not reach the playoffs, so there was little suspense when they were mathematically eliminated Saturday with a 2-1 loss to the New York Yankees.
- Robertson returns to Stadium mound and saves White Sox win Updated: Sep-26-15 12:56 am
NEW YORK - The last time David Robertson came out of the Yankee Stadium bullpen, it was exactly a year ago and he was wearing pinstripes.
- Verlander up to 99 mph as Tigers beat White Sox 7-4 Updated: Sep-23-15 6:08 pm
DETROIT - In possibly his most encouraging start of the season, Justin Verlander reached back to past, but familiar, territory with his velocity on Wednesday.
- Butler homers in ninth to give A's 4-2 win over White Sox Updated: Sep-17-15 6:45 pm
CHICAGO - Billy Butler's ninth-inning drive cleared the right-field wall and Avisail Garcia's glove - barely.