- Tigers' Sanchez gets first loss in nearly 2 monhts Updated: Jul-28-15 12:35 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Detroit has been able to count on Anibal Sanchez to regularly get a win since early June. However, former Tigers minor leaguer Curt Casali helped end Sanchez's winning stretch.
- Casali hits 2 HRs to help Rays top Tigers 5-2 Updated: Jul-27-15 11:29 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Desperate for some offense, the Tampa Bay Rays got it from a catcher hitting .214 and batting ninth.
- Zunino's double lifts Mariners over Tigers 3-2 in 12 innings Updated: Jul-23-15 7:18 pm
DETROIT - Seattle catcher Mike Zunino wasn't expecting to play in a day game after being in the lineup a night earlier.
- Ausmus makes the case for Tigers to press on Updated: Jul-21-15 8:27 pm
DETROIT - With the possibility of significant trades looming over the Detroit Tigers, Brad Ausmus sat in the dugout and made the case for staying the course.
- Gibson, Sano lead Twins over Tigers 7-1 Updated: Jul-12-15 6:34 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Kyle Gibson and the rest of the Twins' rotation have Minnesota in contention at the All-Star break even with almost no contribution from free-agent prize Ervin Santana.
- Marte hits 1st MLB homer, leads Tigers over Mariners Updated: Jul-08-15 8:35 pm
SEATTLE - Jefry Marte has played more than 700 baseball games in his professional career, but the one game he played Wednesday was all that mattered.
- Tigers' Cabrera on DL for 1st time, out 6 weeks Updated: Jul-04-15 6:26 pm
DETROIT - Detroit slugger Miguel Cabrera will be sidelined with a left calf injury for at least six weeks after the Tigers placed the AL batting leader on the disabled list for the first time in his career.
- Tigers call back to .500 after getting swept by Pirates Updated: Jul-02-15 6:12 pm
- Liriano lead Pirates to 8-4 win, sweep of Tigers Updated: Jul-02-15 5:53 pm
DETROIT - Francisco Liriano knows very well what the Detroit Tigers have done to him over the last five years.
- McCann's 9th-inning homer gives Tigers 5-4 win over Chicago Updated: Jun-28-15 6:14 pm
DETROIT - Some players go years without hitting a game-ending home run.