- Tigers' Cabrera on DL for 1st time, out 6 weeks Updated: Jul-04-15 6:26 pm
DETROIT - Detroit slugger Miguel Cabrera will be sidelined with a left calf injury for at least six weeks after the Tigers placed the AL batting leader on the disabled list for the first time in his career.
- Dickey struggles against Tigers as Blue Jays fall 8-3 Updated: Jul-04-15 5:54 pm
DETROIT - R.A. Dickey knew he was in trouble by the third pitch of Saturday's game.
- Martinez homers to back Price as Tigers beat Blue Jays 8-3 Updated: Jul-04-15 5:45 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Tigers know that in the long run, Miguel Cabrera is impossible to replace.
- Cabrera leaves Tigers' game with strained left calf Updated: Jul-03-15 8:53 pm
DETROIT - Miguel Cabrera left Friday's game against the Toronto Blue Jays in the fourth inning with a strained left calf.
- Tigers let go relievers Chamberlain, Gorzelanny Updated: Jul-03-15 7:00 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Tigers decided they needed to change things before a fifth straight division title falls out of reach.
- Tigers call back to .500 after getting swept by Pirates Updated: Jul-02-15 6:12 pm
- Liriano lead Pirates to 8-4 win, sweep of Tigers Updated: Jul-02-15 5:53 pm
DETROIT - Francisco Liriano knows very well what the Detroit Tigers have done to him over the last five years.
- Cespedes, Donaldson contributing after big offseason trades Updated: Jun-29-15 3:26 am
For a Detroit team that's already dealt with its share of injuries, the steady production of Yoenis Cespedes has been a big help.
- Samardzija can't hold on, White Sox lose 5-4 to Tigers Updated: Jun-28-15 6:51 pm
DETROIT - Jeff Samardzija struck out Miguel Cabrera with the bases loaded in the eighth inning - but as big as that moment seemed, there was another power threat waiting on deck.
- McCann's 9th-inning homer gives Tigers 5-4 win over Chicago Updated: Jun-28-15 6:14 pm
DETROIT - Some players go years without hitting a game-ending home run.
- JD Martinez hits 3 HRs, Tigers tag Tanaka and top Yanks 12-4 Updated: Jun-21-15 6:08 pm
NEW YORK - J.D. Martinez wanted that fourth home run. He had never even hit two in a major league game before, so might as well tie the record the first time he got a chance.
- Tigers activate DH Victor Martinez, bat him cleanup vs Yanks Updated: Jun-19-15 5:36 pm
NEW YORK - The Detroit Tigers have activated star designated hitter Victor Martinez from the 15-day disabled list and put him in the cleanup spot.
- Tigers at Reds postponed by rain, Frazier gets needed rest Updated: Jun-18-15 9:05 pm
CINCINNATI - Todd Frazier was out of the Reds' lineup on Thursday for a needed day off. The whole team got some rest when Cincinnati's game against the Detroit Tigers was postponed because of rain.
- Reds beat Tigers 8-4 on Frazier's grand slam in 13th inning Updated: Jun-18-15 2:06 am
CINCINNATI - Todd Frazier is aching to make the All-Star Game and knock more than a few out during the home run derby at Great American Ball Park next month. In the last two days, he's making his case.
- Frazier, Bruce power Reds to 5-2 win over Tigers Updated: Jun-16-15 11:44 pm
DETROIT - The Cincinnati Reds still aren't clicking on all cylinders an offense, but their latest win was a step in the right direction.
- Cabrera again tags Kluber, Indians, as Tigers romp Updated: Jun-14-15 8:11 pm
DETROIT - Miguel Cabrera doesn't care if he starts the All-Star Game but he sure ended his weekend with a powerful audition.