- Biden makes first public appearance since burying son Updated: Jun-16-15 5:37 pm
WASHINGTON - Vice President Joe Biden on Tuesday made his first public appearance since burying his oldest son earlier this month, thanking major foundations and institutional investors for pledging to spend more than $4 billion on new technologies to reduce climate change pollution.
- After son's death, Biden balances grief with public duties Updated: Jun-10-15 6:10 pm
WASHINGTON - Vice President Joe Biden is facing the daunting decision of how and when to re-enter public life after burying his 46-year-old son, Beau Biden, whose death has put a somber pause on the vice president's usually frenetic schedule.
- 3 VIP speakers, 8 speeches: What will the grads remember? Updated: Jun-10-15 10:20 am
WASHINGTON - Graduation season is winding down. The caps and gowns are being tossed aside, the diplomas propped on the mantle. Already, memories of commencement speeches are getting fuzzy, even some of those delivered by big-name speakers. But among the eight commencement addresses given this year by three of the biggest names - President Barack Obama, first lady Michelle Obama and Vice President Joe Biden - a few moments stood out that may last a little longer. A look back:
- Beau Biden campaign funds to help support children's charity Updated: Jun-10-15 9:26 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Money remaining in Beau Biden's political accounts will help fund the new Beau Biden Foundation for the Protection of Children.
- Biden returning to Washington, but just for the day Updated: Jun-09-15 6:51 pm
WASHINGTON - Vice President Joe Biden is returning to Washington following the death of his son - but only for the day.
- In sorrow, Obama-Biden put personal bond on public display Updated: Jun-07-15 9:14 am
WASHINGTON - Few relationships in Washington are as complex as that of president and vice president, a partnership forged of political necessity and often defined by rivalry and competing self-interests.
- Beau Biden, VP's son, remembered for life of service Updated: Jun-06-15 5:55 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Politicians, military leaders and celebrities from across the country came to bid farewell on Saturday to former Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden, whose death at age 46 opened yet another chapter of grief for his father, Vice President Joe Biden.