- Bluegrass music patriarch Ralph Stanley dies at 89 Updated: Jun-23-16 9:57 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Ralph Stanley, a patriarch of Appalachian music who with his brother Carter helped expand and popularize the genre that became known as bluegrass, died Thursday. He was 89.
- Jimmy Carter auction includes hand-crafted furniture Updated: Jun-17-16 3:23 pm
ATLANTA - An auction raising money for the human rights organization formed by Jimmy Carter will include a table and chairs crafted by the former president and three artists.
- Review: Kristofferson hits 80 with new album of beloved hits Updated: Jun-15-16 3:39 pm
Kris Kristofferson "The Cedar Creek Sessions" (KK Records)
- Elvis Presley producer Lincoln 'Chips' Moman dies at 79 Updated: Jun-14-16 2:09 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Lincoln "Chips" Moman, a Memphis producer, musician and songwriter who helped Elvis Presley engineer a musical comeback in the late '60s and then moved to Nashville to record Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard and other top country performers, died Monday in LaGrange, Georgia. He was 79.
- Billy Ray Cyrus' acting roles have personal connection Updated: Jun-08-16 2:50 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Over the course of his acting career, Billy Ray Cyrus has been drawn to roles that have a personal connection, such as playing the father of real-life daughter and pop star Miley Cyrus' character on Disney's "Hannah Montana" series.
- Gritty and visceral, Brandy Clark reaches for greatness Updated: Jun-07-16 11:32 am
Brandy Clark, "Big Day In A Small Town" (Warner Bros.)
- Morningside College professor teaches guitar during May Term Updated: Jun-05-16 10:50 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Morningside College nursing junior Brett Cochran-Bray is having a problem mastering the boom-chicka-boom move.