- UN chief to host meeting on Israeli-Palestinian conflict Updated: Sep-04-15 3:49 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon will host a ministerial meeting of key global players trying to end the decades-old Israeli-Palestinian conflict on Sept. 30 during the annual high-level session of the General Assembly, the United Nations announced Friday.
- Israel asks UN to reject Palestinian attempt to raise flag Updated: Sep-01-15 6:03 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Israel on Tuesday urged U.N. leaders to reject a Palestinian attempt to raise their flag at U.N. headquarters as early as this month's gathering of world leaders there.
- Palestinians: Abbas says won't seek top PLO, Fatah posts Updated: Sep-01-15 12:26 pm
- Palestinians, Vatican could raise UN flags before pope visit Updated: Aug-25-15 7:10 pm
UNITED NATIONS - In a move likely to upset Israel's government, the Palestinians and the Vatican are seeking to raise their flags at U.N. headquarters - just in time for Pope Francis' visit next month.
- Leaked documents raise anger over Palestinian corruption Updated: Aug-12-15 7:46 am
RAMALLAH, West Bank - Documents leaked online detailing two attempts by Palestinian officials to misuse public funds have triggered outrage, highlighting the corruption and mismanagement critics say remains rampant in the Palestinian government.
- Egypt unveils Suez Canal extension with pomp-filled ceremony Updated: Aug-06-15 5:22 pm
ISMAILIA, Egypt - In a defining moment of his young presidency, Egypt's Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi presided Thursday over the unveiling of a major extension of the Suez Canal that he hailed as a historic feat needed to revive the country's ailing economy after years of unrest.