- Statue of Nelson Mandela unveiled in West Bank Updated: Apr-26-16 1:03 pm
RAMALLAH, West Bank - A 6-meter-high (20-foot) bronze statue of Nelson Mandela has been unveiled in the West Bank city of Ramallah.
- Palestinians back French meeting on Israel-Palestinian peace Updated: Apr-21-16 3:49 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The Palestinians said Thursday they strongly support a French initiative to hold a ministerial meeting, probably on May 30, as a first step to an international conference aimed at reviving the long-stalled Israeli-Palestinian peace process.
- Abbas: Palestinians reject 'all forms of terrorist activity' Updated: Apr-19-16 11:56 am
BERLIN - Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, speaking a day after an attack on a bus in Jerusalem that wounded at least 21 people, says his administration rejects violence against civilians.
- Biden: 'Overwhelming frustration' with Israeli gov't Updated: Apr-18-16 11:27 pm
WASHINGTON - Vice President Joe Biden acknowledged "overwhelming frustration" with Israel's government on Monday and said Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's administration has led Israel in the wrong direction, in an unusually sharp rebuke of America's closest ally in the Middle East.
- Palestinians hope for Obama change of heart with UN vote Updated: Apr-10-16 12:23 pm
JERUSALEM - With President Barack Obama in his last months in office, the Palestinians are hoping he will follow up his historic breakthroughs with Iran and Cuba with a push for their cause as well.
- AP Analysis: Arab democracies? Not so fast, say some Updated: Apr-09-16 3:22 pm
CAIRO - A new-old idea is rattling around the Middle East five years after the Arab Spring stirred democratic ambition: that restoring stability, especially if accompanied by some economic and political improvements, should be reform enough for the moment.
- Foundation defends award to Palestinian teacher Updated: Mar-31-16 12:53 pm
JERUSALEM - The U.K.-based foundation that awarded a Palestinian schoolteacher a $1 million prize for preaching nonviolence is sticking by its choice following revelations that the woman's husband participated in an attack that killed at least six Israelis three decades ago.