- NY WWI hero's Medal of Honor to be displayed in Albany Updated: Oct-02-15 3:06 am
ALBANY, New York - The Medal of Honor posthumously awarded to a World War I hero from Albany will be put on temporary display in his hometown.
- Senators reach deal to reduce prison time for some offenders Updated: Oct-01-15 11:25 pm
WASHINGTON - Senate conservatives and liberals on Thursday united behind an overhaul of the criminal justice system, a rare bipartisan agreement that would allow some nonviolent drug offenders to get reduced prison sentences and give judges greater discretion in sentencing.
- US transportation board to probe some limousine crashes Updated: Sep-17-15 10:37 pm
MINEOLA, New York - The National Transportation Safety Board has agreed to investigate some limousine accidents, something it has rarely done, after a lawmaker and others questioned the safety of vehicles modified into stretch limos.
- Cuomo, Christie ask Obama for 'fair' plan for Hudson tunnel Updated: Sep-15-15 7:29 pm
ALBANY, New York - The governors of New York and New Jersey wrote to President Barack Obama on Tuesday asking the federal government to pay for half the cost of a new rail tunnel below the Hudson River - a sign that the long-delayed project could be moving ahead.
- Cardinal, New York officials condemn selling of pope tickets Updated: Sep-14-15 6:45 am
NEW YORK - New York officials have joined Cardinal Timothy Dolan in condemning the scalping of tickets to see Pope Francis' motorcade during his upcoming visit to New York City.
- New York farmers get help for losses over harsh winter Updated: Sep-13-15 9:30 am
ALBANY, New York - Senators Charles Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand have announced the U.S. Department of Agriculture will provide relief to farmers who suffered severe crop damage due to last winter's frigid weather and heavy snowfall.
- Key reasons why opponents hate the Iran nuclear deal Updated: Sep-11-15 4:10 am
WASHINGTON - Even though opponents of the Iran nuclear deal can't win in Congress, they aren't going to go quietly.
- Sen. Schumer announces winners of 100 pairs of pope tickets Updated: Sep-09-15 12:14 pm
ALBANY, New York - Sen. Charles Schumer has announced the winners of his statewide lottery for 100 pairs of tickets to be part of the papal audience on the West Lawn of the Capitol following Pope Francis' address to Congress on Sept. 24.
- Connecticut's Blumenthal to support the Iran nuclear deal Updated: Sep-08-15 11:09 am
WASHINGTON - Democratic Sen. Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut says he will support the nuclear deal with Iran.
- West Virginia's Manchin to oppose Iran nuclear deal Updated: Sep-08-15 9:54 am
WASHINGTON - Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia says he will oppose the nuclear deal with Iran.