- Senators announce $1.5M for cleanups in upstate New York Updated: May-27-16 12:32 am
ALBANY, New York - Federal officials are allocating $1.5 million to help fund six brownfield cleanup projects in upstate New York.
- After Democrats' primary, some see a need for fence mending Updated: May-21-16 9:57 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania's primary polls looked grim in mid-March for Katie McGinty, the candidate recruited by Democratic heavy hitters in Washington in their multimillion-dollar quest to recapture the U.S. Senate majority.
- New York senators continue to question pipeline expansion Updated: May-21-16 8:37 am
ALBANY, New York - New York's U.S. senators are urging the federal government to halt the expansion of a gas pipeline project that runs beside a nuclear power plant.
- Senate approves Sept. 11 legislation despite Saudi threats Updated: May-17-16 5:21 pm
WASHINGTON - The Senate passed legislation Tuesday that would allow families of Sept. 11 victims to sue the government of Saudi Arabia, rejecting the fierce objections of a U.S. ally and setting Congress on a collision course with the Obama administration.
- New push to upgrade Niagara Falls Reserve Station Updated: May-17-16 1:54 am
NIAGARA FALLS, New York - A week after the Niagara Falls Air Reserve Station said good-bye to the last of its C-130 transport planes, there's a push to expand and update the base in preparation for the arrival of a new fleet of tankers.
- Schumer, Gillibrand tour western NY Air Reserve base Updated: May-16-16 11:50 am
NIAGARA FALLS, New York - U.S. Sens. Charles Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand say a western New York air base needs to be expanded and improved ahead of its new mission.
- Chance of "transportation Armageddon"? 25 percent says study Updated: May-09-16 5:18 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Lengthy environmental studies could increase the likelihood that the 106-year-old rail tunnel between New Jersey and New York City would have to close for repairs before a new tunnel is built, a situation one lawmaker has referred to previously as a "transportation Armageddon," a study released Monday said.
- Schumer: Probe billboards using phone data to track shoppers Updated: May-01-16 6:37 pm
NEW YORK - A U.S. senator is calling for a federal investigation into an outdoor advertising company's latest effort to target billboard ads to specific consumers.