- UN chief: Climate negotiations moving at a 'snail's pace' Updated: Jun-29-15 7:26 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said Monday that negotiations on a new climate pact to keep global warming from reaching dangerous levels are moving at a "snail's pace" and must be speeded up.
- France: Israeli-Palestinian conflict can explode at any time Updated: Jun-29-15 1:27 pm
UNITED NATIONS - France's foreign minister warned Monday that the Israeli-Palestinian conflict can explode "at any moment" and the Islamic State extremist group can interfere at any time.
- French minister: No new target date for Iran nuclear talks Updated: Jun-29-15 11:08 am
UNITED NATIONS - Negotiators trying to rein in Iran's nuclear program have decided not to set a new target date to conclude talks, France's foreign minister said Monday, and he warned that if an agreement isn't "very robust" other countries in the Middle East will seek to develop nuclear weapons.
- Nuke talks to miss target; Iran foreign minister heads home Updated: Jun-28-15 4:29 pm
VIENNA - A senior U.S. official acknowledged Sunday that Iran nuclear talks will go past their June 30 target date, as Iran's foreign minister prepared to head home for consultations before returning to push for a breakthrough.
- Kerry off to Vienna for Iran nuke talks as deadline looms Updated: Jun-26-15 8:53 am
WASHINGTON - With next week's deadline for an Iran nuclear deal fast approaching, Secretary of State John Kerry headed back to the talks in Vienna, Austria, on Friday, this time leaning on crutches.
- Indonesia: Death row Frenchman has exhausted legal options Updated: Jun-25-15 6:40 am
JAKARTA, Indonesia - Indonesia's Foreign Ministry said Thursday a French citizen sentenced to death for drug offenses has exhausted all options in his legal fight to avoid execution.
- Saudi Arabia, France sign billions in ship, plane deals Updated: Jun-24-15 12:35 pm
PARIS - Saudi Arabia signed agreements worth billions of dollars on Wednesday to buy helicopters, Airbus jets and two possible nuclear reactors from France.
- Diplomats seek to calm Ukraine fighting, break stalemate Updated: Jun-23-15 6:11 pm
PARIS - The foreign ministers of Russia, Ukraine, France and Germany tried Tuesday to revive high-end diplomatic efforts to end the conflict in eastern Ukraine, amid escalating fighting that is throwing doubts on a shaky peace accord.
- France criticizes growing movement to boycott Israel Updated: Jun-05-15 2:02 pm
PARIS - France's foreign minister is criticizing any boycott of Israel, amid uproar over French telecom giant Orange's announcement that it wants to cut ties with Israel.