- France's new foreign minister to join Syria talks Updated: Feb-12-16 10:57 am
PARIS - France's new foreign minister is going to join talks on Syria at a conference in southern Germany on Saturday.
- French govt reshuffle makes Ayrault the new foreign minister Updated: Feb-11-16 3:51 pm
PARIS - Former Prime Minister Jean-Marc Ayrault, a low-key veteran of the Socialist Party much acquainted with German culture, will become France's new foreign minister.
- Car-making deals, protests greet Iranian president in Paris Updated: Jan-28-16 3:09 pm
PARIS - France's government welcomed Iranian President Hassan Rouhani on Thursday with promises of a new beginning in an old relationship, starting with investments to boost Iran's flagging economy that has been crippled by decades of sanctions.
- AP Exclusive: Officials say France wants more Iran sanctions Updated: Jan-27-16 4:54 pm
VIENNA - France has asked the European Union to consider new sanctions against Iran over recent missile tests, in a request made shortly after the EU ended sanctions over Iran's nuclear program, officials have told The Associated Press.
- Uneasy times: What to look out for at Davos this year Updated: Jan-17-16 4:59 am
LONDON - Extremist attacks, plunging markets, and the break-neck pace of technological innovation. The world is beset by uncertainties as 2,500 business executives, political leaders and activists gather in the Swiss Alpine town of Davos this week.