- Europe, US split over form of Syria talks Updated: Oct-01-15 11:17 am
UNITED NATIONS - Nine nations or five? In speeches at this year's U.N. gathering of world leaders, major powers are increasing calls for multilateral negotiations to end the war in Syria. But Europe and the United States are split on who should be at the table.
- The Latest: Russia could strike beyond Syria, exec suggests Updated: Sep-30-15 12:37 pm
MOSCOW - The latest developments as Russia and other nations counter Islamic State militants in Syria. All times local:
- France investigates alleged crimes against humanity by Assad Updated: Sep-30-15 10:35 am
PARIS - Paris prosecutors have opened a preliminary investigation into French government accusations that Syrian President Bashar Assad's government has committed crimes against humanity.
- Diplomats jostle to lay out position on how to end Syria war Updated: Sep-24-15 4:32 pm
PARIS - Europe's top diplomats, the United States and Russia jostled to lay out their positions Thursday on how best to end the civil war in Syria, which has sent millions fleeing their homes and killed thousands.
- Untangling Syria: Europe's top diplomats mull new strategy Updated: Sep-24-15 11:54 am
PARIS - The top diplomats of Britain, France, Germany and the European Union are sketching out a possible new diplomatic push to end the fighting in Syria.