- 99-year-old Havelange released from Rio de Janeiro hospital Updated: Nov-28-15 10:04 am
RIO DE JANEIRO - Former FIFA president Joao Havelange was released Saturday from a Rio de Janeiro hospital where he was treated for 12 days for what doctors called "respiratory problems."
- Former FIFA president Joao Havelange hospitalized in Rio Updated: Nov-27-15 2:23 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Former FIFA president Joao Havelange is being treated in a Rio de Janeiro hospital for respiratory problems.
- Column: Coe passes leadership test, on second time of asking Updated: Nov-27-15 1:33 pm
MONACO - Sebastian Coe won Olympic golds and silvers for running very fast in circles. Now, as chief administrator of his sport, he's proving to be skilled in the art of U-turns, too.
- Column: Things we're NOT thankful for in the world of sports Updated: Nov-27-15 1:07 pm
Another Thanksgiving in the books.
- Asian soccer body urges support for FIFA candidate Salman Updated: Nov-27-15 6:29 am
GENEVA - FIFA presidential candidate Sheikh Salman received an endorsement Friday from his executive committee colleagues at the Asian soccer confederation.
- AP Interview: Mere force won't defeat IS, says Jordan prince Updated: Nov-25-15 11:16 am
AMMAN, Jordan - Extremist Islamic ideologies pose a global challenge, but can't be eradicated by military force alone, a brother of Jordan's king said Wednesday.
- FIFA ethics committee seeks life ban against Michel Platini Updated: Nov-24-15 12:23 pm
PARIS - The FIFA ethics committee has requested a life ban for Michel Platini, the Frenchman's lawyer said Tuesday, a move that would rule the UEFA president out of the race to succeed Sepp Blatter.
- FIFA executive committee to make progress on reforms Updated: Nov-24-15 5:14 am
ZURICH - The FIFA executive committee will discuss ongoing reforms for the scandal-scarred soccer body at a meeting in Zurich next week.
- FIFA President Blatter says he was near death in hospital Updated: Nov-23-15 7:07 am
ZURICH - Without specifying his illness, Sepp Blatter said in excerpts from a television interview that he was near death when hospitalized for stress-related problems this month.
- Franz Beckenbauer says 'I signed everything* Updated: Nov-20-15 4:04 pm
FRANKFURT, Germany - Franz Beckenbauer says a contract he signed with former high-ranking FIFA official Jack Warner ahead of the vote to decide the host of the 2006 World Cup was an aid package.
- Platini appeals to CAS against suspension by FIFA Updated: Nov-20-15 6:15 am
PARIS - Suspended UEFA president Michel Platini has lodged an appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport against his 90-day ban.
- Russia 2018 World Cup CEO defends Mutko's reputation Updated: Nov-19-15 11:35 am
ZURICH - The reputation of Russia's 2018 World Cup organizing head is not at risk in the country's athletics doping scandal, the tournament CEO insisted on Thursday.
- Prince Ali: Violence shouldn't force soccer out of countries Updated: Nov-18-15 1:06 pm
LONDON - Violence should not force teams to play matches outside their home countries, FIFA presidential candidate Prince Ali bin al-Hussein said Wednesday.
- FIFA bans leaders of Nepal, Laos federations in bribes case Updated: Nov-16-15 7:18 am
GENEVA - In yet another case of FIFA election bribery, the president of Nepal's soccer federation was banned for 10 years on Monday.
- Interim FIFA president Issa Hayatou has kidney transplant Updated: Nov-13-15 12:19 pm
ZURICH - Interim FIFA president Issa Hayatou has had successful surgery for a kidney transplant, the governing body said Friday.
- FIFA VP Villar warned, fined $25K in World Cup bid case Updated: Nov-13-15 6:56 am
GENEVA - FIFA vice president Angel Maria Villar was warned and fined 25,000 Swiss francs ($25,000) Friday for misconduct during the 2018-2022 World Cup bid investigation.
- AP Interview: FIFA hopeful Infantino plans 40-team World Cup Updated: Nov-10-15 12:03 pm
LONDON - The World Cup could be expanded by eight teams to 40 if Gianni Infantino is elected FIFA president.
- Napout: New president not enough to solve FIFA crisis Updated: Nov-07-15 4:52 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Electing a new president will not dig FIFA out of the worst crisis in its 111-year history, the head of South American football said on Saturday.
- Lawyer: Blatter in hospital for checkup but is 'fine' Updated: Nov-06-15 1:51 pm
ZURICH - Sepp Blatter was in the hospital for a medical checkup Friday, his lawyer said, adding that the suspended FIFA president "expects to be home shortly."
- Former IAAF head investigated in Russia doping probe Updated: Nov-04-15 12:54 pm
PARIS - In another blow to the credibility of a major sports federation, former IAAF President Lamine Diack has been placed under criminal investigation on suspicion of taking more than $1 million in bribes from Russia to cover up positive doping tests.
- FIFA reform commission chair: Change more likely this time Updated: Nov-03-15 2:31 pm
NEW YORK - The chairman of the FIFA reform commission says he believes soccer's leaders are more likely to make real changes this time because of pressure caused by the governing body's legal troubles.
- German authorities raid soccer federation over FIFA payment Updated: Nov-03-15 9:06 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - The president of the German soccer federation and two former high-ranking officials are the targets of a tax evasion probe over a payment to FIFA in connection with the 2006 World Cup, authorities said Tuesday.