- With no Blatter, Hayatou to present trophy at Women's WCup Updated: Jul-01-15 4:25 pm
With Sepp Blatter staying away, FIFA Senior Vice President and African soccer head Issa Hayatou will present the trophy at the Women's World Cup final in Canada, a senior official at Hayatou's Confederation of African Football said Wednesday.
- Blatter not traveling to Women's World Cup final in Canada Updated: Jul-01-15 6:47 am
MONTREAL - FIFA President Sepp Blatter will skip the Women's World Cup final in Canada, avoiding a visit to North America at a time when U.S. officials are pursuing a criminal investigation into the soccer's ruling body.
- US prevails in 2-0 victory over top-ranked Germany Updated: Jul-01-15 2:26 am
MONTREAL - Julie Johnston thought she had blown it.
- US heads to World Cup final with 2-0 win over Germany Updated: Jun-30-15 11:07 pm
MONTREAL - Carli Lloyd remembers putting the ball on its spot and shutting out the noise of more than 51,000 anxious fans.
- UEFA tells Spanish league to accept 2022 World Cup dates Updated: Jun-30-15 9:37 am
PRAGUE - UEFA told the Spanish league on Tuesday to stop challenging the decision to move the dates of the World Cup in 2022 to November-December.
- FIFA hopeful Bility says would step aside for Hayatou Updated: Jun-30-15 9:15 am
MONROVIA, Liberia - The Liberian who wants to be FIFA president says he would step aside if longtime African soccer head Issa Hayatou decided to run.
- Blatter: 'Liberating' to leave FIFA, expects 2016 election Updated: Jun-27-15 9:18 am
GENEVA - Sepp Blatter says his decision to leave FIFA was "liberating" and he expects the election to replace him will be in early 2016.
- Maradona's road to FIFA presidency filled with obstacles Updated: Jun-22-15 3:05 pm
If Diego Maradona is serious about running for the FIFA presidency, he still has a lot of work to do just to get on the ballot.
- Platini has big decision in great game for FIFA throne Updated: Jun-20-15 2:17 am
GENEVA - After years of waiting, Michel Platini's destiny with FIFA is coming faster than he thought.
- Blatter says FIFA officials should pass integrity checks Updated: Jun-19-15 2:54 pm
LONDON - Sepp Blatter believes FIFA's top officials should be required to pass integrity checks as the governing body remains mired in scandal.
- Liberia soccer chief announces run for FIFA presidency Updated: Jun-18-15 4:18 pm
LONDON - Liberia's soccer chief launched a bid on Thursday to succeed Sepp Blatter, pledging to eradicate corruption and ensure fans trust FIFA again by being a unifying leader who stops power being concentrated at the top.
- FIFA's Blazer agreed to act undercover for US prosecutors Updated: Jun-15-15 9:15 pm
Former FIFA executive committee member Chuck Blazer agreed to act undercover for U.S. prosecutors and has been cooperating since at least 2011 in the government's investigation of soccer corruption.
- Depardieu intervened for widely panned FIFA movie Updated: Jun-15-15 10:19 am
PARIS - Actor Gerard Depardieu personally intervened to persuade the Cannes Film Festival to show the FIFA-funded movie "United Passions" that sank almost without trace at the box office after being panned by critics.
- How to fix FIFA: Experts say agency needs outside reformer Updated: Jun-13-15 9:24 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Sepp Blatter thinks FIFA can reform itself. Anti-corruption experts say an institution in that much trouble won't be able to clean itself up without an outsider.
- US and Sweden play to 0-0 group-stage draw Updated: Jun-12-15 11:42 pm
WINNIPEG, Manitoba - Meghan Klingenberg - not Hope Solo - made the biggest save of the night for the United States.
- Interpol suspends $22M FIFA project during corruption crisis Updated: Jun-12-15 6:45 am
GENEVA - Interpol suspended its 10-year, 20 million euro ($22.4 million) partnership with FIFA on Friday while soccer's governing body is implicated in bribery allegations.
- Host Chile beats Ecuador 2-0 in Copa America opener Updated: Jun-11-15 10:14 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Arturo Vidal and Eduardo Vargas scored second-half goals to give Chile a 2-0 win over Ecuador on Thursday in the opening match of a Copa America that got underway amid the corruption investigation involving local football officials.
- Blatter spokesman De Gregorio to leave FIFA immediately Updated: Jun-11-15 8:32 am
- European lawmakers urge FIFA president Blatter to go now Updated: Jun-11-15 7:37 am
STRASBOURG, France - European lawmakers have urged FIFA President Sepp Blatter to step down immediately, and for an interim leader to be appointed.
- Former Brazil star Zico wants to run for FIFA president Updated: Jun-10-15 9:09 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Former Brazil star Zico wants to run for the presidency of FIFA, even though he believes the odds are stacked against him being elected.
- Swiss attorney general seizes evidence from FIFA offices Updated: Jun-10-15 2:00 pm
BERN, Switzerland - The Swiss attorney-general's office says it has seized more evidence from FIFA headquarters for its investigation into the 2018 and 2022 World Cup bidding contests.
- Messi, Neymar try not to be upstaged at Copa America Updated: Jun-10-15 9:53 am
- Platini declines to say if he will seek FIFA presidency Updated: Jun-10-15 6:27 am
PARIS - Michel Platini declined to divulge his intentions for the FIFA presidency.
- Rapinoe scores twice as US beats Australia 3-1 in opener Updated: Jun-09-15 2:22 am
WINNIPEG, Manitoba - For her second goal of the night against Australia, U.S. midfielder Megan Rapinoe channeled Lionel Messi.
- FIFA-financed movie nets only $900 in limited US release Updated: Jun-08-15 6:40 pm
NEW YORK - The FIFA-financed movie "United Passions" made only about $900 over the weekend, according to a person who has seen box-office data from the 10 theaters the film played in and was granted anonymity because he wasn't authorized to release the figures.