- FIFA fires finance director Kattner over bonus payments Updated: May-23-16 5:47 pm
GENEVA - FIFA has fired its finance director of the past 13 years, removing another fixture of the Sepp Blatter presidential era in another round of revelations about irregular million-dollar payments.
- FIFA judges want 2-year ban for Niersbach in 2006 bid case Updated: May-20-16 10:02 am
GENEVA - Just 10 days after the rebranded FIFA Council met for the first time, one of its members faces being banned from soccer in fallout from World Cup corruption allegations.
- FIFA President Infantino to reveal salary when he knows it Updated: May-19-16 11:23 am
ZURICH - FIFA President Gianni Infantino will announce his salary "as soon as it has been confirmed."
- UEFA calls September vote to replace Platini; Van Praag in Updated: May-18-16 9:07 am
BASEL, Switzerland - UEFA will elect a new president on Sept. 14, with former FIFA candidate Michael van Praag first to declare plans to replace Michel Platini in a contest likely to have several contenders.
- FIFA hires Norwegian as Infantino's strategic director Updated: May-18-16 6:42 am
ZURICH - FIFA has hired Norwegian soccer federation official Kjetil Siem as President Gianni Infantino's director of strategic matters.
- Resignation after power grab rocks Infantino's new era claim Updated: May-14-16 5:07 pm
MEXICO CITY - It's taken less than 80 days for Gianni Infantino's claim to be leading FIFA into a new era to be publicly undermined.
- FIFA audit chairman Scala resigns in protest at Infantino Updated: May-14-16 10:34 am
GENEVA - In a challenge to the integrity of Gianni Infantino, FIFA's compliance chairman resigned in protest on Saturday over what he sees as a power grab by the new president.
- Infantino says 'crisis is over' as FIFA gets 1st female No 2 Updated: May-13-16 9:03 pm
MEXICO CITY - FIFA's corruption crisis was declared to be over by President Gianni Infantino on Friday as the scandal-battered governing body broke new ground by appointing its first female and first non-European secretary general.
- 2026 World Cup hosts vote in 2020 with new FIFA bid rules Updated: May-10-16 6:44 pm
MEXICO CITY - The 2026 World Cup hosts will be decided in a FIFA vote in 2020 after bidding countries will undergo stringent new checks on their suitability to stage the soccer showpiece.
- Platini to resign after CAS imposes 4-year ban from soccer Updated: May-09-16 10:38 am
GENEVA - Michel Platini will resign as UEFA president after failing to overturn his ban at the Court of Arbitration for Sport, which cut his sanction from six to four years.
- Havelange turns 100 in Rio; plans to attend Olympics Updated: May-06-16 11:19 am
RIO DE JANEIRO - Joao Havelange delivered an impassioned speech seven years ago in French, urging fellow International Olympic Committee members to choose Rio de Janeiro for the 2016 Olympics.
- Kosovo elected as UEFA member in 28-24 vote Updated: May-03-16 9:07 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Kosovo was given UEFA membership Tuesday, and could now be fast-tracked into FIFA and the 2018 World Cup qualifying program.
- Sports court orders FIFA to admit Gibraltar as member Updated: May-02-16 11:34 am
GENEVA - FIFA has been ordered by sport's highest court to accept Gibraltar as a member, opening the national team's path to play in the 2018 World Cup qualifying program.
- Platini to find out by May 9 if CAS appeal is successful Updated: Apr-29-16 11:27 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Michel Platini will discover by May 9 if he has overturned a six-year ban from FIFA over a $2 million payment approved by Sepp Blatter.
- FIFA president says Leicester proves fairytales are possible Updated: Apr-28-16 9:30 am
BANGKOK - FIFA President Gianni Infantino visited the headquarters of Leicester's ownership company on Thursday and said the club's Premier League title run shows that fairytales are still possible.